Emperor Palpatine Milestones Statue

I'm not in the market for this and will be passing. 2 cents though:

Tonight just unboxed and displayed the cell block ANH Leia, and am truly impressed with that piece. Good quality and excellent value for that offering. So I know this company still has greatness within it, despite Diamond's apparent attempts lately at disproving this notion.

When I look at this, the first thing that comes into my head is the meme from the HBO mini-series Chernobyl. (If you know, ya know.)

notgreatnotterrible.jpg

The footprint on this will be huge, the design is alright, I guess. Sculpt is okay, while pretty "meh" in the facial likeness dept. The real knock is the paint on the skin tones, clearly being way too dark.

Again, I really don't care, nor does GG/Diamond have the power to elicit any real emotions out of me anymore, whether angry or joyous. I'm already 98% out of collecting anything Star Wars related these days.

If you like it, your opinion is equally valid and am happy for you to pick this up sometime in 2023.

This looks great !
e50c7dcb57d36667326011903ca73fe6.jpg
0ea748905d64110b0dd4faa50c400e09.jpg
98700308d429e5cb88ba6803fc875966.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

He looks more like the Sequel emperor after he went to the beach and got a nice tan.
And there is one more thing, the lightning, looks nice in the photos, but needs to be well made and not look cheap in hand.

Looks good but I’m not going to collect GG statues when every release is a different scale.
Their dark photography doesn’t do the prototypes justice, the lighter picture next to a ruler is often helpful for colour.

I like everything about this one ! Pose , likeness , base with window frame backdrop , colors and finish of his lightning. Love it ! Will definitely be ordering this guy !
bc0b44380f2339555d2e7cb2b1363f59.jpg
79515ed47fcc5dd2cfd7c20f866a1cb2.jpg
3820e87545d86ec31f35f0f6dd7a613b.jpg

Really like this piece plus it’s 1.6 scale which the only scale statue I collect. Will wait to pre-order from a UK supplier. Also, agree with some others that the skin tone looks a little dark.

I don't like the lightening effect. Too "Hasbro Unleashed" for me. Pass.

The first thing that came into my head when I saw it was the old Hasbro Unleashed Palpatine. I think it looks cool, but as it has been already mentioned, skin tone is too dark.

I usually hate the fake lightning that's always used for the Emp. But , for some reason , this one looks legit to me.
67c90fcbf1f9bb03926f55ac1847fce9.jpg

It's a nice concept which I would have considered getting but, the overcooked skin tone kills it for me. I already have an overcooked Tarkin version 2 mini bust and I like my collectibles medium rare :). I can also see why this piece looks a bit Hasbroesque and reminiscent to some folks of the Unleashed line due to the plastic force lightning effects. I guess there is not much that can be done about depecting force lightning other than using pliable plastic to avoid breakage, but I'm sure they can improve on that dark skin tone and give him the proper coloration. Even chef Ramsay has noticed it! :)

1647585165446.png

Last edited:
I think the dark skin tone might be from a " black wash " that was done after the last step of painting. Like people do on models to make them look dirty and used. If so , I wonder if some of the darkness could be carefully removed with a wet q-tip or a baby wipe. Obviously you don't want to use any chemicals that would take off the actual face painting. Me , I think it looks good as is. I have too many things on pre-order. So , I think I'll leave this one up to fate. If it becomes in stock , before its pre-sold out , I'll pick one up. If I miss it , so be it. If it was $200. , I'd of probably ordered it now.
4624c723e7f47f44f237ccb49887603c.jpg

So it has swap out hands. You can do the lightening or not.
Hopefully his skin looks lighter on the actual product that winds up in collectors' hands.
I like it without the lightening but at this time don't think I have room for it.

They cancelled *THIS* and not the Dooku bust?! BRUH!

What? The only issue this one had was the skin tone being too dark; easy fix. Dooku gets green lit having the most awful likeness around. It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

What? The only issue this one had was the skin tone being too dark; easy fix. Dooku gets green lit having the most awful likeness around. It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

Makes you wonder right?

I wonder if the Emperor shows up in Obi-wan and they want to push products from that show?

Yeah, a bit strange, guess the pre-orders were non-existent? I liked the concept of it, just need to make some adjustments to it like the skin tone and face.

Not sure GG has ever cancelled a product before after putting it up for order?

Yeah, a bit strange, guess the pre-orders were non-existent? I liked the concept of it, just need to make some adjustments to it like the skin tone and face.

Not sure GG has ever cancelled a product before after putting it up for order?

Don't hold me to it but, didn't they do so with the different Battle Droid mini busts? It was a while ago, but I'm almost certain I had preorders for them that were cancelled. Also, I'm not sure if they were just announced or if there were preorders as well for the R2 and K2SO statues.

Don't hold me to it but, didn't they do so with the different Battle Droid mini busts? It was a while ago, but I'm almost certain I had preorders for them that were cancelled. Also, I'm not sure if they were just announced or if there were preorders as well for the R2 and K2SO statues.

Good points, I don't think the Battle Droids went to pre-order though? I would of pre-ordered all of them lol.

I forget if R2 and K2 did though honestly.

I'm guessing there was not enough interest , or they couldn't make the lightning effects look as good as they did in the pics. Who knows.

Just had my order cancelled and deposit refunded by Collectibles Direct. Disappointing. Don't buy many GG items these days but I had been looking forward to this

So different base and no lightening affects...and that price? How much was the preview priced at?

Back