Emperor’s Throne Room

Reaction score
Good...Good I Suppose...unless it gets wet. I was hoping they would have the ultra secret hidden section that he Jumped into at the last minute as he went down the shaft to save his life so he could come back again in Rise of Skywalker-(which actually had no Rise of Skywalker by the way!)

Reaction score
Good...Good I Suppose...unless it gets wet. I was hoping they would have the ultra secret hidden section that he Jumped into at the last minute as he went down the shaft to save his life so he could come back again in Rise of Skywalker-(which actually had no Rise of Skywalker by the way!)
TATOOINE ELDER: There’s been no one for so long. Who are you?

REY: I’m Rey.

TATOOINE ELDER: Rey who?

REY: Rey Skywalker.

The Rise of Skywalker.

That's the intent. If you're looking for a more literal meaning then you can look at the scene where Luke lifts his X-Wing Fighter out of the water. It was the rise of Skywalker.

Reaction score
Oof I stand corrected on the body...it is the TPM Darth Sidious. That is kinda disappointing.

Seriously? That is a major disappointment, although I get we are only really caring about the outside cloak and never see under it. I guess I get the cost-cutting move, but for as long as we've had to wait for a proper Emperor, you'd think they'd give him the 100% new treatment. To me, that is lazy as hell from Hasbro and I'm not surprised in the least.

bac

Reaction score
On one hand I'm bummed. On the other did we really need a new sculpt under the robe? He only sits and stands.

Ultimately I'm ok trading a partial rehash here with the important bits updated. Those tooling dollars are better used on a figure where it makes a bigger difference.

Reaction score
I think most of us knew they'd be recycling parts, its in their nature to pinch as much as possible. There might be some push back on the pricepoint, now that fans know the figure is an old sculpt. Its good enough for me, but once we add tax and shipping, it might feel like a ripoff. I really wish they tossed Sim Aloo in the set as a carded bonus, for $45, which would be reasonable because of the packaging. I just wonder whether many of us will actually be able to order this set, or be stuck with the basic release. Hopefully they are limited to 1 per person, and attempts to order multiples to the same household are stopped.

Reaction score
Seriously? That is a major disappointment, although I get we are only really caring about the outside cloak and never see under it. I guess I get the cost-cutting move, but for as long as we've had to wait for a proper Emperor, you'd think they'd give him the 100% new treatment. To me, that is lazy as hell from Hasbro and I'm not surprised in the least.

For this particular set I'm ok with the major reuse...but for a single packed VC Emperor (which we can assume will be this figure) I expected something better.

Reaction score
Bro, at least the packaging is nice tho. That makes it easier for a collector like me to pick it up despite this point you make.

Reaction score
Well, lets just hope this doesn't do a price jump to $40 after we pre-order it! lol

While I was hoping for anew Emperor figure when i first hear the rumor he was coming, so as soon as I saw this revealed first I knew it was going to be reuse. Which is what took a bit of the excitement away for this item, then you add the fact it's just a window and a chair and they're calling it a playset and for $32 no less.. I mean I guess that's what it should be if an oversized accessory costs more than the actual figure, but just think about it, without the fancy packaging this feels more like a "Deluxe" release. 1 figure and 2 accessories. Since basic figure prices is now $13 obviously a deluxe set can't be $15 anymore, but seriously $32? $25 maybe, and I feel that may be pushing it TBH. Makes me wonder how much Money was spent on packaging that will likely end up in the trash after a couple uses?

For this particular set I'm ok with the major reuse...but for a single packed VC Emperor (which we can assume will be this figure) I expected something better.
Agreed. For a single figure I was really hoping for all new sculpt since they have been reusing that particular mold for a long while. So I felt an update was needed at this point to bring him up to par with the rest of today's figures.

Like you say reuse is fine when included in a set to keep costs down so more resources go into the new parts. But this revelation is indeed a bit saddening as we will likely not be seeing a new mold for quite some time, if ever now.

Reaction score
Set is amazing. Hope I can secure at least two on Pulse. Only minor gripe is wish they didn't tape the sleeve on. Not an issue for me that some parts are reused. They nailed the new head sculpt which is 90% of what I wanted out of this figure.

Reaction score
this sculpt is at least a bit better than the evolutions figure i thought it was at first.

Reaction score
The reused body isn't particularly offensive to me, but I do wish the robe was better, and I wish Palpatine wasn't so... yellow. Maybe the yellow isn't so offensive in person. It's a good sculpt of him, but an additional portrait or two would've been nice considering how expressive Palpatine is in ROTJ.

OT-Customs used to have great tailored 3.75" Palpatine robes, but he discontinued them recently before I could snag one. Ugh.

bac

Reaction score
A Pulse Premium account will probably be mandatory to score one of these with minimal hassle.

At least that worked last year with the Arc Troopers. They were up several hours for Premium Members before selling out if my memory is accurate. Then they sold out fast when it opened up to everyone.

I hope Hasbro upped their order because I guarantee there are more collectors buying TVC today than a year ago. The only knock on this set is some MOC-only collectors will pass and wait for the mainline release.

ZX3

Reaction score
Luke SKYWALKER used the Force to make his X-Wing RISE out OF the water. That counts, right?

Reaction score
When is this going to be available? The UK pulse site just says coming soon.

If I don't get the set I will be very unhappy. I don't want to be caught out and it to sell out within a small time frame I miss.

bac

Reaction score
It will be available during Pulse Con, which going by last year's schedule is in the latter half of September.

Reaction score
I found this one at a convention in France today (39€), the box is quite nice and larger than I expected, although it's a shame that 2 out of the 3 characters on the picture are not included ! I haven't opened it yet, but will to have a look at the playset. I don't expect much, but it may end up being a nice display piece.

Reaction score
So, I opened the box and what a surprise, as I didn't read this thread earlier I was completely unaware of the special packaging it was ! I was expecting a carded figure and the plastic back piece, and here I am, with a huge display piece and the Emperor quietly sitting and waiting for his enemy !
So, real nice indeed, although fairly large as the dimensions are:
Folded : 11.5cm depth x 22.5 cm width x 27cm high.
Unfolded : 11.5cm depth x 68.5cm width x 26.5cm high.

For those who lack space, I'd still advise to go for the old PotF2 Cinema Scene, which is a good take for the scene. For those who have room, go for it, because as a display piece for an exclusive, it shows just how good and imaginative Hasbro can be when they want to (similarly to the Black Series Thrawn exclusive from a couple years back, with all the extra accessories from Rebels). It reminds me a lot, in spirit, of the Vader's Meditation Chamber or the Yoda/Luke Dagobah Training two-pack from a Convention years back, where the exclusive is composed of figures available elsewhere, but with a spark of "premium" packaging that lets you display it nicely, but don't necessarily let you feel like you missed on a big item if you decide not to buy it and already have the figures.

I'm really happy I got it early and without hassle (what a surprise to find it at a random convention), as tracking such exclusives can be difficult and costly due to shipping fees. For Europeans, this should also mean that it will be available through usual e-retailers that also had the previous Hasbro exclusives. And for people in the USA, good luck for the Hasbro Pulse hunt !

Reaction score
So, I opened the box and what a surprise, as I didn't read this thread earlier I was completely unaware of the special packaging it was ! I was expecting a carded figure and the plastic back piece, and here I am, with a huge display piece and the Emperor quietly sitting and waiting for his enemy !

For those who lack space, I'd still advise to go for the old PotF2 Cinema Scene, which is a good take for the scene. For those who have room, go for it, because as a display piece for an exclusive, it shows just how good and imaginative Hasbro can be when they want to (similarly to the Black Series Thrawn exclusive from a couple years back, with all the extra accessories from Rebels). It reminds me a lot, in spirit, of the Vader's Meditation Chamber or the Yoda/Luke Dagobah Training two-pack from a Convention years back, where the exclusive is composed of figures available elsewhere, but with a spark of "premium" packaging that lets you display it nicely, but don't necessarily let you feel like you missed on a big item if you decide not to buy it and already have the figures.

I'm really happy I got it early and without hassle (what a surprise to find it at a random convention), as tracking such exclusives can be difficult and costly due to shipping fees. For Europeans, this should also mean that it will be available through usual e-retailers that also had the previous Hasbro exclusives. And for people in the USA, good luck for the Hasbro Pulse hunt !
Merci beaucoup for the measurements! It appears to be quite a beast and I may have to rethink my original display idea.

Reaction score
Nice job scoring this early @Darkmatt ! And thank you for sharing all your observations including the dimensions. For loose worldbuilder types like me, this is helpful. Seeing photos of the packaging spread out, my instinct is to set my royal guards on each end, but the throne room set on location feels more deep than wide. Either way this looks very good.

The Final Jedi Duel was a must-find for me when it came out, and still holds up relatively well for its time.

Reaction score

Ugh, metric. Unfolded it's about 4.5"x27"x10.6" for those not on international standards.

Reaction score
I don’t know. I wish the Emperor was carded though. Similar to what Hasbro did with the Jabba’s palace set. I have the throne from the Cinema Scene set that came out in 1998.

Reaction score
Here are pictures (obviously not the best quality). The plastic insert is easily removable to improve the display experience. Accessories (hands with lightning, Luke's lightsaber, Emperor's walking stick) are hidden in the drawer below the Emperor:

full

full

Reaction score
I didn’t realize he wasn’t carded. Oh well—it looks nice anyway.

Reaction score
Here are pictures (obviously not the best quality). The plastic insert is easily removable to improve the display experience. Accessories (hands with lightning, Luke's lightsaber, Emperor's walking stick) are hidden in the drawer below the Emperor:

full
Thank you. Looks weird unfolded due to the sides not falling all the way down flat. Do you know if that can be fixed by putting some weight on them? Like say, some Royal Guards, dignitaries for example? Thanks.