Emperor’s Royal Guard

Reaction score
Man you have to be lightning quick when the crap shows up on Walmart.com anymore and at Walmart's price.
Not at all! I read EmperorOne's post late that night and immediately contemplated buying a few, I even went to the website. However, I realized I was short on funds so I made a rational choice not to buy any at the moment. The next morning, though, I ran into a bit of cash so I went to the website again and they were still in stock, so I purchased a few. Either they were in stock for 12 hours or I am extremely lucky. (First choice is most likely with my luck).

Reaction score
Not at all! I read EmperorOne's post late that night and immediately contemplated buying a few, I even went to the website. However, I realized I was short on funds so I made a rational choice not to buy any at the moment. The next morning, though, I ran into a bit of cash so I went to the website again and they were still in stock, so I purchased a few. Either they were in stock for 12 hours or I am extremely lucky. (First choice is most likely with my luck).
When I checked early that morning after seeing the post, they were out of stock. But I kept checking for a few hours and eventually they came back in stock.

Reaction score
The big problem is that you cannot rely on the In-Stock email alerts. For example, the Death Troopers came in stock at the same time as the Royal guards, and lasted probably two days. It wasn't until well after 24 hours had passed that I recieved an email from Walmart.

When Scarif troopers briefly came online at the start of January they kept coming and going, it was super stressful! Twice I went to check out with them and was met with a "no-longer in stock" alert. Finally managed to get three but it seemed like Walmart was putting them online in waves or something. Very odd, either this figure has crazy demand, Walmart is incompetent, or resellers are buying them up in droves. Though I haven't seen any Scarif troopers from Toy Wiz so part of me doubts that js the case..

Reaction score
Anyone have the link to them I am interested in getting a few more of these guys. Everytime I check they only have the 6 inch version.

Reaction score
I clicked on the link for a $10 figure & then the price tag said 39.99

Back to working on my custom :)

Reaction score
I actually had 4 it in my cart for $10.83. Then felt foolish for wanting 4 when I already have 2. So I deleted it and closed the window. Then I thought about how they are actually below the regular price and that I'd never find them cheaper. Went right back to the page. $39.99 :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yeah, figures like this don't stick around very long. You'd think somewhere at Hasbro someone must be sifting through information like this or at least some must have knowledge of which figures sell out so quickly.

Reaction score
Hasbro never really had a grasp of Army Builders though. I think they still believe it's a niche market, and doesn't amount to anything serious. They apparently have never seen some of these people armies of various troops!
Soundwave was one I remember, as well as a few other here who had massive troops numbering in the 100's for each Armor style. Not sure how many active members today still army build like that.

IMO, that's some serious Money!
Yet no type of online avenue for it...

Reaction score
Given the aftermarket price for any SA original trilogy stormtrooper, army building is currently really unfeasible for collector's just starting out. I hope we get a Sandtrooper as rumoured and perhaps access to online troop builder packs as some have mentioned.

Reaction score
It's tempting, but I don't need anymore. lol
My initial knee-jerk reaction was to just order two to get them, because of the fact they've been so difficult to get. But I was able to calm myself and let go.

Reaction score
It's tempting, but I don't need anymore. lol
My initial knee-jerk reaction was to just order two to get them, because of the fact they've been so difficult to get. But I was able to calm myself and let go.

Same here. I had 4 in my shopping cart last time they popped up...but then I thought why do I need more of these?

Ive spend the last year and a half collecting OT 2008-2012 stuff. In a way it feels how collecting used to feel...just way more expensive.

Reaction score
I chalk mine up to simply being starved for character selection/product! We go for so long with nothing, then it hits but we can't seem to catch it the first 5 times. Then we finally do get a break and a fellow member helps out, then you also finally find them in person. But the damage is done. We're so distraught over our ordeal, that when something comes in stock again, our trigger finger gets itchy!

Reaction score
I chalk mine up to simply being starved for character selection/product! We go for so long with nothing, then it hits but we can't seem to catch it the first 5 times. Then we finally do get a break and a fellow member helps out, then you also finally find them in person. But the damage is done. We're so distraught over our ordeal, that when something comes in stock again, our trigger finger gets itchy!
That was Hasbro's endgame all along. :twisted:

Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare staff/baton from this? I need one, and of course they're all gone from the pegs now.

Reaction score
I made it all the way to confirm and pay with this figure 4 times today. All 4 times when I hit the button the next screen was "out of stock". :rolleyes:

Reaction score
They must have some residual left somewhere. Hopefully these arrive in decent shape because the ones in the past (for a different figure but similar situation) came all mangled.

Reaction score
I just placed it in my cart the other day keep refreshing periodically throughout the day. When it hit "In Stock" I placed an order. With free Site 2 Store I didn't care about redundant shipping charges and ended up with a nice small cadre of these all @ $10.83 each all scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Reaction score
I didn't think you could put stuff not in stock in your cart.
If you put something in your cart while it's in-stock, it will remain in your cart, regardless of availability, until you remove it yourself. (That's my understanding, at least.)

Reaction score
I didn't think you could put stuff not in stock in your cart.
What happened was the first time through checkout I got past the payment page but by the time if finished processing it was sold out for $10.83. But it stayed in my cart at that price - so I just kept refreshing that page. Maybe a fortunate glitch?

Reaction score
Managed to snag 4 more of the Royal Guards from Walmart's site when they had them available on Friday. They showed up yesterday packed well and in mint condition. I've still never seen them on pegs.....

Reaction score
Walmart ERG(s) were delivered yesterday. The cloth difference is actually a pretty good upgrade over the VC version. Of course the VC version is more "vintage-y" but this one poses better. Seems like the helmets and removable chest part are made of a more pliable plastic and the face sculpt/paint is not as sharp as the original. Don't really care as I don't plan on ever displaying it without the ERG helmet anyway.

Reaction score
I got my last 4 two days ago after catching them available on Walmarts website for $10.83 each. Yesterday I set up all 6 with the emperor Vader etc. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be :|