Ellorrs Madak - Fan's Choice #1

Reaction score
Re: I REALLY LIKE DUROS

Wanna sob story? Before I ever seen a Star Wars movie, or figure or anything. I got a package of STar Wars cards. I was like three years old and like Elvis cards...Go figure. Anyway one day My Moms or Grandma gots me some Elvis cards and a pack of Star Wars cards. Well when I opened the Cards I see Duro staring at me. And Im like WOW that freak is so cool..What is this Star Wars stuff? And all I could talk about for days was Star Wars and I didnt even know what Star Wars was!! A few days/weeks something later my Star wars fever convinced them into taking me to actually see the film. I didnt see Duro in the Film, Or as an action figure for the whole of the vintage line.
When Hasbro broke him out in the fans choice awards my vote was easy.. Duro!! all the way!!
I still have not found a Duro. I want him more than any Star Wars toy ever!!
And you know what? the force file carded with Duro? Is the same photo they used on the card that was my very first memory of star wars. So I will wait patiently and get two. One to open and for a very first with POTJ one to keep carded.

------------------
Wage war in the floor.
Im your Huckleberry.

Reaction score

OK mystery jedi you have a serious problem. It's people like you that makes it hard for people like me to get what i want. I'll tell you why. Yesterday i decided to hit up target and they had the Duros Wave finally! Well all i saw was 3 Bespin Guards and 2 Sabe. Now at the register some woman told me that she just sold six other figures to some lady that just came in before me. She happen to buy all of the duros and Ketwol. Now you tell me what is wrong with this picture.

GNT

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by plo koon:
don't worry GNT I don't have any ether.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can be buddies!

G

Hey guys, I was driving around today, and on a whim I decided to call the Galleria Mall here in Houston to see if they had any POTJ figs...the guy answered and said he'd check for me...he came back to the phone and said, "I've got a Bespin Guard, a Sabe, and an.....uhhhh, (talking to another employee) how do you pronounce that? El-lors Mad-dak" I didn't understand him so I asked him to kindly repeat himself. He stumbled through the pronunciation again and I'm trying to make it out while in my head scanning all of the POTJ figs that I'm aware of trying to come up with a match......finally I get it....Ellorrs Madak?? "Yes," he say's... "Can you hold it for me??" He say's no problem and I'm off....Anyhow, I pick up the fig and I am just blown away...very nice sculpt job (as with all of the POTJ)...he mentions that he thinks this one is a hard one to find and I agree...I haven't found or heard of one in the area (Houston) before this, so I'm wondering how many of you have scored one and how many of you are still searching....is this old news? I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe I'm the last one to score one....anyhow, just curious as to how others luck has been finding this figure, and your opinions of it, thanks!

-Lanny

Reaction score
Re: Duros (Ellorrs Madak) ....finally scored one....what\'s the distribution like?

Never found him as well as the Bespin Guard, R2-Q5, Dagobah Vader, Lando, IG-88, and Tessek..... I could name a lot more but I only want the OT figs.

------------------
"It is quite safe from your pitiful little band..."

[-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

G

Re: Duros (Ellorrs Madak) ....finally scored one....what\'s the distribution like?

Wow ezehogan...really? I'd be more than happy to pick up nearly all of those for you if you need help finding them...Obviously I'd give them to you at cost and you'd just have to pay for shipping....There's only a few I haven't found down here......I hate to see people miss out...all of those sculpts are to incredible to pass up...

-Lanny

[This message has been edited by Lanny (edited 08-21-2001).]

Reaction score

I got them mine in a case from New Force Comics. This weekend...I was doing some shopping and I found some more...I bought two and put them up in the trade forums. This wave actually hit up where I live (Fairbanks)...I was quite suprised to see these figures on the pegs.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

Log

Reaction score

I'd say the distribution on Ellors and friends has been pretty good. When he came out, a bunch of local people I know found him right away and I scored both of my Ellors' in late June.

Good to hear you had a helpful employee help you out. Enjoy the figure

G

I saw a ton of Duros in my neck of the woods! They are actually becoming a pegwarmer , if the scalpers didn't get um 1st!

------------------
When 900 years old you reach, look as good you won't - Yoda

Reaction score

I would not say pegwarmer, but he'll last a few days. I got 2 of em over a month ago. I'm not doing my toy runs (nothing I'm looking for) but if I'm in a store, I'll look. I'd say he's there 1/3 of the time.

Raymond

Reaction score

The Ellors M. wave is filling the pegs here in Indy, IN. along with the Cold Weather Obi-Wan, Biker Scout, EU Sith Maul, EU Qui-Gon, Sandtrooper, Aurra SIng, Chewbacca Mechanic, Leia Bespin, and a few other of the newer ones and tons of Tatooine Qui-Gon, Porkins, and Maul.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

G

I haven't seen the Duros wave yet. (Ga)

Reaction score

I found one a few weeks ago at Target, but it took a lot of searching before that. I haven't seen any traces of Duros since then, either.

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanny:
Wow ezehogan...really? I'd be more than happy to pick up nearly all of those for you if you need help finding them...Obviously I'd give them to you at cost and you'd just have to pay for shipping....
[This message has been edited by Lanny (edited 08-21-2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow really?! That would be great!! Luckily I'm getting a Lando and an IG-88 in the mail soon so if you could find an R2-Q5, Tessek, Bespin Guard, Ellorrs Madak, and (or) Dagobah Vader, I would be happy to pay for the full cost of the figures and the shipping! Whatever you could find on your next run would be just great. I'm glad I finally have an opportunity to get these figures outside of eBay! Thanks!

------------------
"It is quite safe from your pitiful little band..."

[-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

Reaction score

I am finaly going to get one and a sandie thanks to holograpic elvis. Can't wait!!

Reaction score

I've never seen him, or anyone in his wave in a store. I got `em online.

Reaction score

From that wave, EM is the first picked over. I've seen the others several times, but Duros just once.

Reaction score

Haven't seen him or Bespin Guard, but I did see Sabe and bought Ketwol.
Also saw Chewbacca(MFM), but couldn't buy it. And today I went to my local Rite-Aid and was thinking about asking someone to order some new figures, since all they've had for a while are 2 Porkins, a Padme(which I want to buy, but right now isn't a priority), Vallorum and EP 1 Palpy. But low and behold, I skim past Vallorum, and there, in all it's splendid glory is the POTJ Sandtrooper! And ya know what little prize I found behind him? Snobi-Wan!! I bought 'em and I'm very happy. Now if I can just find Aurra and Tessek....

Reaction score

i need the duros real bad.
cantina peolpe are my favorate

Reaction score
Ellors Madak + More at the Fan Club

See for yourself, just click here .

It looks like they've got the entire Ketwol, Bespin Leia, and Sandtrooper waves available. Nice job, WOTC!!

[This message has been edited by Sprry75 (edited 08-29-2001).]

G

Re: Ellors Madak + More at the Fan Club

That's good news. I bit late but that'c cool!!

------------------
"Wrrow Ggrawww! Wgraaw roww roo-raaaw!"
-Ponda Baba

Reaction score

Now if they'd just start offering the Clean Biker Scout and some of the last EPI and POTF2 figures...

G

Son of frakin' nurf herder. The Sandtrooper has already soldout!!!!!

Reaction score
ELLORRS MADAK (Fan\'s Choice FIgure No. 1)

I have been able to add to this focus recently so I thought it would fun to post.

From Left to right we have:

Test Shot, Painted Hard Copy, Production for comparison, Unpainted HC Legs and Test Shot.

At the bottom two Unproduced HC Guns with a Test Shot Gun in the Middle. The gun on the left has been fitted with a little knob for attachment to waist.

Last Note: The unpainted waist seems to be from another figure but I can not tell which one. If you have any idea, please post. Here are better pictures of the waist:

Don

Reaction score
Re: ELLORRS MADAK (Fan\'s Choice FIgure No. 1)

WOW Don, awesome focus!
the painted hard copy is SWEET! Is the pelvis from a han solo of some sort? the holster looks familiar.

Randy

Reaction score
Re: ELLORRS MADAK (Fan\'s Choice FIgure No. 1)

Awesome figures. This is one of the best POTJ figures in my opinion (and one of my all-time favorite sculpts), and seeing these prototype figures is a real treat.

Reaction score
12 year bump to post my Chachi de Maal (Cantina patron) custom. Used the head, hands, and boots from Ellorrs and the upper torso and legs of the POTF CommTech Luke Skywalker with Skyhopper.

8DB6697C-9A66-41CD-951F-5FA4C31AA2F5.jpegCB127358-76B1-47A8-B06E-DA6D8F9E668A.jpeg