Ellorrs Madak - Fan's Choice #1

Reaction score
It's not that I'm ungrateful for a new alien, but how did he win? I was thinking back about the poll, and wasn't he up against Anamanimanminm? If memory serves me, wasn't there also a good deal of confusion at the end of the poll? I just find it hard to believe he truely beat the most wanted figure I keep hearing about.

I personally voted for which ever Council Memeber was up at the time.

------------------
Are you like me and want to see a new set of Ewoks? Sign up! 357 names and going strong... http://www.geocities.com/chiefchirpa_888/

Reaction score
Re: Who here voted for Ellors Madak?

What I believe happened was Hasbro already started making sculpts for Amanaman. So when they had their voting poll they stuck him in there just to add to the character choices. I believe that Duros was actually the second place winner. Which for the fan choice is #1 since Amanaman was already being sculpted.
I voted for the Jedi Council member.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Log

Reaction score

I voted him for him.

Was Amanaman in the first FC poll? I thought he was in the second one. Or did he lose out to Ellors Madak in the first poll?

Reaction score

OK, Amanaman and Duros were both in the first fan poll. I voted for Duros. Duros had a very comfortable lead throughout the voting process. This led to a lot of questions in the SW web sites since Amanaman was clearly one of the most demanded figures out there. Bottom line, a vocal group of collectors does not necessarily mean that a figure is in demand or would sell well (Porkins anyone???).

I checked the results one evening, and the tally was moving quite slowly. 50000 votes, 44% Duros, 29% Amanaman.

Next morning. 70000+ votes, Amanaman in the lead. I did the math. The only way that worked was that 20 000 votes were logged overnight (it took 2 months to get the 1st 50000) and every one had gone to Amanaman.

Clearly a hack job. Two days later, Duro's was declared the winner. Hasbro must have realized what had happen and ignored the ballot box stuffing.

I did want both figures, but I think it worked out great! I always loved Duros, was part of the mystery of that scene, and I've never thought I'd see that figure made. I figured that we'd get Amanaman one way or another. And we are, in an ultra deluxe format. Glad we waited...

Darth Ray

Reaction score

I'm very happy with the way the poll turned out, don't get me wrong...it just seemed strange to me. And remember how fast that prototype got on the internet? Where's the Amanaman prototype? I smell a conspiration!

Reaction score

the whole thing has left a foul taste in my mouth. If you're running a poll to see which figure will be made "for" the fans, one of the choices in that poll shouldn't already be in the design stages.

Reaction score

Hear hear. I think Amanaman was in the desigm stages as well. They knew they were going to use him for the new deluxe line. Why not really place obscure characters that arn't on any current plans of being made.

GNT

Reaction score

I voted for the Duro more than 1 time

I'm glad to see him win it!

GNT™

Reaction score

i voted for duros. only because, i knew, sooner or later they would make amanaman. duros wasn't as popular. i thought he needed all help he could get to be immortalized in plastic. now, if we could only get hem dazon and bom vimdim and djas puhr, just to name a few.

Ty

Reaction score

I voted Amanaman both times. I'm glad how things turned out though, and Hasbro gave A-Man a second chance... now, onto poll #3!

Reaction score

I also voted for Duros because I figured with all the hullabaloo about Amanaman, he'd get made regardless of poll results. But since the Duros were a little bit more obscure, I figured I'd vote for him, since Amanaman was a sure thing anyway.

G

Who else was in the first poll? Anyone remember? Cuz I know I wouldn't have vote for Amanaman, and I don't think I would have voted for Duros, so there must of been someone else I liked better, but for the life of me I can't remember who I voted for.

Also, who were the choices in the second poll? Wasn't there an Ewok? I thought I voted for an ewok. Maybe not. Maybe I voted for Ozzel....

Reaction score

I voted for him (Duro), and I'm happy he won.

Reaction score

The second one was Admiral Ozzel, Amanaman, Ben Quadinaros, Major Bren Derlin, and Yarael Poof.
I don't completely remember the first one but I feel like they were Teemto Pagalies, a Jedi (Even Piell?), and (I think your right reeyees-tessek) Bom Vimdin and of corse Duros and Amanaman.

I voted for Duros in the first one (but it was before I made my list of most wanted figures [which Duros isn't even on] so if I was to vote today it would be for the Jedi) and Derlin in the second one.

[This message has been edited by SnTrooper (edited 06-17-2001).]

Ty

Reaction score

Thanx Sn

I think it was Eeth Koth though, and not Even Piell..evenstill I am a bit baffled though.

Still if Amanaman didn't win on #2, I'd vote for him again. I just hope hasbro doesn't let us down on his likness! (I'm sure they wont)

Reaction score

I voted for Amanamann both times, but I almost wavered for Ozzel that second time. Lets hope he makes it next time! I'm sure Mr. Sheard wouldn't mind little boys and girls running around with little plastic figures of him from back in 1980. I'm sure he'd love it.

Ty

Reaction score

I think Ben Quad, some Hoth Commander (Reikken?!?) dude and... hmmm... oh...um... AHHH!!

That cantina dude with the horn in his head and the black eyes..

G

I REALLY LIKE DUROS

I really do like ellorrs madak"so much i have 6 and counting.he really is a cool figure.i know some dont agree'but come'on check this guy out" he look's the way an alien has been describe for generation's.

Reaction score
Re: I REALLY LIKE DUROS

No sh*t, why do you have six? He's not an army builder? Is he?

Reaction score

Nope he sure aint. He's one guy. Ellors Madak. He's like Bossk. He's one guy, theres lots of his secies running around in the films, none look like him, they all dress different.

G

yes i am useing him as an army builder,and so far he's my all time favorite.I LOVE THIS ONE.

Ty

Reaction score

There's one in Jabba's Palace that you can see for less than a split second, and the two in the cantina, ellorrs madak and Banis Keeg. The one from Jabba's Palace is named something like Leslomy Tacema..

Anyway, it's a GREAT, GREAT figure, but don't hoard. I am sure there are a lot of collectors who have now gone without, because you bought so many. Sorry to be negativo on ya, if you really want so many though, wait till everyone has one

G

OH and im going to paint different color outfit's.im gonna experiment painting different color shceme's.and when im done ill put up the picture's for you to see.its gonna be awsome.you'll see :p

G

your right reeyees tessek" Ill wait till the end of summer,im sure they'll be many'I just couldent help myself.plus in my area the competion is insane.their's a comic book shop on every corner.and thats no s**t" as a matter of fact i was talking to a hasbro toy stocker driver at wal-mart today and i was telling him how hard it is to get the potj.and he said to me'i dont douht it i see those comic book guys all the time'waiting outside the store's at opening and have seen them take everything.and i said dont get me started on those scumbag's.so i hope you can undrestand my greed on my favorite figure.:}

G

Fine, mystery jedi...you amass your army of Duros, and I'll gather my forces of Ketwol. We'll meet on the battlefield at dawn on December 31st. Pistols VS pants. We'll see who makes it out alive....

Of course by that time, General Amanaman could be leading my army, which would mean certain victory for me.

------------------
"People of ze world, relax!"

Log

Reaction score

Ellors Madak is indeed one badass figure. I love the way he looks carded.

3rd...pants vs pistols? LOL...funny stuff

------------------
Billy Madison-"I think Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever made."
Little kid-"Donkey Kong sucks!"
Billy Madison-"You know what? You suck!"

G

I need to make a correction. Pants VS BLASTERS, not pistols.

GNT

Reaction score

No wonder I don't have the Duro yet!

GNT™

Reaction score

I don't see how Mystery Jedi in Mass. having 6 Duros prevents me near Philly from finding him...

------------------
"I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think
I have tobacco leaking out of my breast implants."
--Jimmy James, NewsRadio

Reaction score

lol... six duros... I agree, from pics I've seen, he looks very nice... but six? Leave some for the kiddies, dude.

Trev <-- buys two of some of his fav figs, but has never thought of buying six...hmm

Ty

Reaction score

I got 3 Tesseks... I planned on getting 11. seemed like a nice round number, but I decided to stick with three..well, and that prototype

Reaction score

If somebody buys every figure to scalp them and I can't get any, I have a problem with that person. I someone buys every figure for his or her collection because they honestly want that many and I can't get any, I can't fault them. I blame Hasbro and the retailers for not meeting legitimate demand.

They have failed on that account an alarming amount lately.

Reaction score

BTW, I don't have Duros, or any figure from that wave.

G

well dirty sith-there are female scalpers out there"ive seen them,same girl's all the time.im just a fan who's favorite is duros.and im sure there are many others out there who have a favorite,and have them many times over.im on the hunt every day and lose out often.when i hit the duros wave last friday at target,there were 10 sets,i grabed 5 duros,and left 5,i allready had 1.but not to flote my own boat,check out the-look what i found forum,to see my post from that day.

Dax

Reaction score

Guys, these have only just started to ship and I'm sure there's more to come. Mystery Jedi just happened to get lucky and find the first ones so more power to him. I'm sure 6 less figures out of the 50,000 shipping will not impact on things too much. Also this wave is repeated in the next case of W assortment so in the words of a famous dictator... Relaaaaxxxx....

Dax

Reaction score

It must be similar to the whole "catcher and the rye" thing in "Conspiracy Theory"... You just can't pass on the figure!

I must admit, had I found a Han Bespin anywhere, I'd have bought another... two if they had them. (One more to open if mine were to break)

Trev