Elite Series - Die Cast Action Figures

Reaction score
Agree. I had been offline for several hours and when I checked in, saw the posts and had an easy check out with the Probe Droid. Now, hopefully it arrives intact.
Agreed. I have had hit or miss luck with the exclusives from them. Grievous, Darth Maul and Anakin came crushed. ROTJ Unmasked Vader, Vader, Boba, Stormtrooper all came perfect. With these being one per person, I hope they up their packing this time.

Reaction score
I forgot about this earlier, glad I was still able to get an order in. First time ordering from ShopDisney in a while and apparently they no longer give me my AP discount. :(

Reaction score
Tried ALL day, and could not get past the “wait here page.” Eventually gave up after a couple HOURS. Sure enough, went back tonight just to see, and BAM! Ordered, paid for, and confirmation email - whole process was like 2 minutes. CRAZY. Anyway, glad to have gotten it, as I have every other release. So try again NOW if you had trouble earlier.

Reaction score
Glad I checked back on this thread. Just ordered and it went through. Thanks, everyone. Got free shipping for signing up to the newsletter (which i then unsubscribed from). Hope everyone else got what they wanted.

Reaction score
I ordered a probe droid as well, as of 9:36pm CDT on May 4 it is still available. Is this officially an Elite Series figure or is it just a die cast in a similar styled box?

Reaction score
I ordered a probe droid as well, as of 9:36pm CDT on May 4 it is still available. Is this officially an Elite Series figure or is it just a die cast in a similar styled box?
That's a good question. I assumed since it was produced by Disney and metal, it was Elite. But maybe they are not calling it that?

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some reviews and pictures of this thing in hand. I bet it weighs a lot too! I always found the Disney Elite Series figures to be in better proportions to each other than Hasbro's Black Series - so hopefully this won't seem super crazy big like the BS one does compared to the figs.

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some reviews and pictures of this thing in hand. I bet it weighs a lot too! I always found the Disney Elite Series figures to be in better proportions to each other than Hasbro's Black Series - so hopefully this won't seem super crazy big like the BS one does compared to the figs.
The GONK Droid felt like one of those chunky paperweights you used to get back in the day! Great figure though😀

Reaction score
I completely forgot to check on new Elites for May 4th as I was more focussing on any anouncement from Hot Toys. Glad I checked this thread today and even more glad that Disney still had 17 pcs in their European stock.

I was happy that other with the D23-droid packs, the website specifically says „part of the Elite series“, being a clear sign that this line indeed continues.

Expecting delivery this week!

And now I am motivated again to import those 3 crazy expensive droid packs... :-(

Reaction score
Agreed. I have had hit or miss luck with the exclusives from them. Grievous, Darth Maul and Anakin came crushed. ROTJ Unmasked Vader, Vader, Boba, Stormtrooper all came perfect. With these being one per person, I hope they up their packing this time.
Seven days after May 4th I go to buy a Probe Droid and the only outlet is ebay. This really was limited. Its a shame because i love the all of the die-cast droids.

Reaction score
ordered one of these on May 4th,got confirmation page but no email. Emailed Disney three days later for them to tell me they have no record of my order. Yesterday got a shipping email saying its on the way. What a cluster

Reaction score
My figure and mug are supposed to be here today, then I get the email that it went to Surepost. Shocking, it DID arrive today. Here are photos with the mug:
IMG_6536.JPG
IMG_6537.JPG
Good ol Disney though, they threw the Probot in a massive box, only wrapped in tissue paper! If I had not bought the mug and it they had not padded that so well, I shutter to think what the figure would of arrived like. As is, the top of the box is warped but not bad and honestly this came in better shape than I expected.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received mine today as well. Had to basically destroy the inner package to get it out. Overall I like the detail, weight and size, but I don't like the seam around the head and eyes, or the semi translucent plastic on the arms (noticeable on thin sections). On the main arm, they didn't cut out the flash between the arm and the pistons. Still, it will fit in better with my Kotobukiya ArtFX+ figures than the Black Series version.

Reaction score
Keeping mine sealed! Really like the way it looks as a package

Gotta say, for 30 quid this thing looks really impressive!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Keeping mine sealed! Really like the way it looks as a package

Gotta say, for 30 quid this thing looks really impressive!
I am MIB all the way too. That's why the condition Disney pack these annoys me so much. But you are correct, this is IMO the best looking packaging yet for the Elite Series!

Reaction score
Mine came in today as well. Fantastic shape, but with minimal packing material. The weight alone surprised me. It's a bit heavy. I was comparing it to the Black Series one and it definitely is the better choice.

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday. A special thanks goes out to Travis for letting me know about this figure going up for ordering a few days ago. Looks great next to the Han with Taun-Taun statue from Gentle Giant. Well made figure, lots of details, good weight to it. Here are some pictures of the one I got. By the way, the figure came packed with only one tiny paper/tissue inside protecting it. A miracle it was received with no damage to it nor its box ...

ZPROBE DROID 005.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 006.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 001.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 002.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 003.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 004.jpg
ZPROBE DROID 007.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received mine yesterday. Big thanks goes out to Travis for letting me know about this figure going up for ordering a few days ago. Looks great next to the Han with Taun-Taun statue from Gentle Giant. Well made figure, lots of details, good weight to it. Here are some pictures of the one I got. By the way, the figure was pack with only one tiny paper inside protecting it. A miracle it was received with no damage to it nor its box ...

Your Hoth display looks awesome man, glad you finally got it!

Reaction score
Thank you, Travis. Despite having the first 1/6 scale version of the droid Sideshow offered, this one is size-wise, a perfect companion piece for the GG diorama statue. So glad to have picked one up. Thanks again for the heads up when this went live, man! (y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Received my Probe Droid today. I am really positively surprised, even while being a fan of this line from the start!

- the weight feels awesome. Nothing beats the feeling of DieCast droids!
- the size: I was surprised how big it is, but it seems they really put it to scale to the figures. I had to google a comparism to understand that, e.g. https://www.pinterest.de/pin/799177896355888926/
- details and paintjob are awesome; plastic legs could have been a bit better, but I think making tham all DieCast would have been too difficult at this price point
- the new packaging concept again is awesome to display even in box
- Disney upped its E-Commerce game: the shpipbox is much more sturdy, it was protected through that soft tissue, the box had some filling, and the box itself has a nice Mouse-decor inside which my kids could draw on

Although I shifted to a lot of Hot Toys and stuff, this line will always have a place in my heart.