Elite Series - Die Cast Action Figures

Reaction score
Yeah they're definitely onto a winner making Droids with the die cast metal. Looking around the boards these seem to have brought some significant enthusiasm back to the Elite Series so hopefully Disney will take note

Reaction score
For those interested, the new droids are now available to purchase online. Just ordered the set of four for myself.

Reaction score
Picked up Gonk and TC-14 today...maybe I'll go for the other two once they go on sale. Gonk feels like it weights a ton.

Reaction score
I really want to get the GNK and TC-14 since both probably stand little chance of being made in the Hasbro Black Series line. And when I was on the hunt for the new Disney exclusive TBS figures I saw the current C-3PO. And that figure looks amazing!

Reaction score
The weight of the GNK feels like it has a real power bank inside. Maybe that is what we all need to charge our portable devices.

Amusing they bothered with the limited but appropriate leg articulation.

Reaction score
Rey in her hero outfit is all over the outlet stores this morning if anyone is local in Orlando and looking.

Reaction score
If you were waiting for the 25% off sale to order these, now is the time.
Yes! I picked up 3 of the 4 droids (don’t need another R2, not yet anyway), Poe, and Rose for $80. 25% off with FREE shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anybody who has bought the R5 can tell how well it scales with other six inch lines?
He is noticeably large sitting next to Black Series or Figuarts figures. Of the 4 new droids, the Gonk & Tc-14 work well with the previously mentioned. IMO The best R5-D4 so far has been the Bandai model, but the upcoming Figuarts will undoubtedly be the definitive. Their R2 is a work of art, a fun one at that.

Reaction score
He is noticeably large sitting next to Black Series or Figuarts figures. Of the 4 new droids, the Gonk & Tc-14 work well with the previously mentioned. IMO The best R5-D4 so far has been the Bandai model, but the upcoming Figuarts will undoubtedly be the definitive. Their R2 is a work of art, a fun one at that.
so I take it the disney elite is larger than the model kit? as for the figuarts version, unless i missed it, i doubt it will ever see the light of day. i mean, i wish ...

Reaction score
Just got a notice that the Gonk Droid and R5-D4 in my order won’t be coming after all because they ran out of stock. Not too happy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That sucks. Do you have a store near you? I thought these would sell out quickly, but I still see the full wave at the Disney Store near me.

Reaction score
As gaga as everyone seems to be over the GNK, it's the R5-D4 that seems to be disappearing at the two Disney stores near me

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this question posted before, but has anyone else experienced the middle leg no longer retracting into the body of the astromech droids? I push it in, but it just pops right back out. This is on C2-B5. Any way to fix? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind some releases of main characters. Odd not to see Vader since the 30th anniversary figure came out.

Would love to see an Empire Strikes Back Fett...

Reaction score
Got in an order for R4 on shopdisney.com. Took a few tries before it would let me checkout after adding to my cart.
https://www.shopdisney.com/r4-g9-die-cast-action-figure-star-wars-elite-series-1498448
I completely forgot about this, and I think a lot of other places did, too, because it never even came up on other sites like JTA or Yakface. And now it's completely sold out. Very surprised by this, when you figure none of the figures since Greivous & Fett sold out so quickly.

Reaction score
I completely forgot about this, and I think a lot of other places did, too, because it never even came up on other sites like JTA or Yakface. And now it's completely sold out. Very surprised by this, when you figure none of the figures since Greivous & Fett sold out so quickly.

It has popped back in stock a couple times since first going live Saturday morning. I would expect to see more of that.

The RotJ Vader with removable helmet went fast last year.

Reaction score
It says it's available, but keeps disappearing from my bag every time I go to check out. Looks like the Disney site is suffering from the amazon syndrome of this same thing happening. Just gotta keep trying.

Edit: Took about 10 tries, but I finally got a confirmation number. we'll see if this actually sticks, now, or if they cancel it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to grab R4 on Sunday at my local Disney Store. They had about 5 remaining on the shelf, though I am not sure how many they had on release day, Saturday.

Glad to add this droid to the others. Wish they weren't so expensive at first release.

Reaction score
Picked up a Gonk Droid today. I love this garbage can and never thought we would get a metal 6in version. Love it. They had the red droid, Obi Wab's brown droid, R2D2 Jabba version and the silver C3Po model one. Sorry I don't recall all the names but they were all pretty nice. I kind of regret not getting the silver one. May have to go back.

Reaction score
Picked up a Gonk Droid today. I love this garbage can and never thought we would get a metal 6in version. Love it.

Elite Series Gonk has become my prized paper weight next to my computer.

Received R4 today from ShopDisney after they never updated the status of the order to shipped. As usual an excellent Elite Series droid.

Reaction score
Picked up all the droids but TC-14 (going back for that one soon). Really dig the detail and the weight!!
unfortunately the dome on my R4 does not swivel. I’ve applied a lot of force and nothing. Oh well, at least it’s looking straight forward.

Reaction score
Picked up R2-D2 (ROTJ), Power Droid, R5-D4, and TC-14. Kind of surprised to have spotted them since they sell out online all the time.