Elite Series - Die Cast Action Figures

GNT

Reaction score
The D23 website makes mention of some new die cast figures being released, no word on what scale, price and no pictures around as far as I know.

Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles, and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, D23 EXPO attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite Series action figures, which includes D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Something to possibly keep an eye out for.

Reaction score
I am very curious about this. I just got some Takara Tomy die-cast Star Wars figurines from overseas this past week but they have minimal articulation if at all and they are about 2 inches tall. I would like to see how articulated these really are and how much metal is used. I would love to get the C3PO and R2D2.....cabn't wait to get more info.

Reaction score
I saw this too! Exclusive R2?? MORE DETAILS!!!

Reaction score
Interest is piqued, but expectations are low. Disney hasn't impressed me so far with their exclusive Star Wars figures. OK, the BADs are great, but everything else has been pretty meh, both in quality and execution.

Reaction score
Really interested to see how these look. I'll be waiting for some pictures and more information.

Reaction score
Interest is piqued, but expectations are low. Disney hasn't impressed me so far with their exclusive Star Wars figures. OK, the BADs are great, but everything else has been pretty meh, both in quality and execution.

I think the large action figures are great! Especially the Stormtrooper and Fett!

Reaction score
The only reason I can see for them limiting it to 500 is that they are going to be charging a buttload of money for it. Or do you think these will be available separately, and it's just the gift set that is limited?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe that the individual figures will be available separately at Disney Stores, and this box set is just a D23 Expo exclusive.

Reaction score
These look superb for being die-cast. I'll probably bite on this line and pick the individual figures up when they become available.

Reaction score
Depending on the price, I may well pick some of these up. They look really nice and seem like they would go well with Black Series figures.

Reaction score
Box is $200 at Disney D23 Expo this weekend only. The figures will be sold individually later in September at DisneyStore EXCEPT R2-D2 & C-3PO, which are only exclusives to this pack (MSRP unknown)

Reaction score
Ah. From simply reading the first post, and getting some clarification elsewhere, it's the versions of 3PO and R2 that are exclusive. I'm assuming that means the versions that see individual release will be different somehow. My guess is they'll have different paint apps. These ones are very clean, so they might dirty them up a bit.

Reaction score
WOW C-3PO & R2 are exclusive?! That's such crap! I was going to pick some of these up, but I might not if I can't get the droids.

Ebay pics show the plaque in front of them is D23 Exclusive. UGHHHH

Reaction score
WOW C-3PO & R2 are exclusive?! That's such crap! I was going to pick some of these up, but I might not if I can't get the droids.

Ebay pics show the plaque in front of them is D23 Exclusive. UGHHHH
Only the "Finish" is exclusive. Whatever that means. Maybe the red armed Threepio from TFA will be the in store single, or perhaps a dirty deco, which would be my preference.

Reaction score
Only the "Finish" is exclusive. Whatever that means. Maybe the red armed Threepio from TFA will be the in store single, or perhaps a dirty deco, which would be my preference.
Yea I can't imagine that Disney would allow such iconic and popular characters to not be available in some form of wide release later on when this line hits their stores.

Reaction score
These look really nice. I might have to get the Stormtrooper and Fett, possibly a couple of others.

Reaction score
These look fantastic and have far more appeal than any of TBS 6 inch line.
Are these 1/12 scale too?

Surely i will get Vader, Boba, 2 Stormtrooper and maybe Maul and Grievous...

With the heavy die cast joints, i wonder if they can hold a pose?

Reaction score
Yea I can't imagine that Disney would allow such iconic and popular characters to not be available in some form of wide release later on when this line hits their stores.

Do you actually think Disney is any better than Hasbro.! There worse and have been doing things like this for years!

j3h

Reaction score
R2 & 3po are exclusive to this set (at least in this form)
Anakin is the weakest of the bunch. I would have picked a Battle Droid or Super Battle Droid to represent Ep2 since this is a diecast line ((maybe a phase 1 clone trooper or Jango...but both would be pretty similar to the Stormtrooper and Boba for a boxset like this)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The new Force Awaken figures look better than anything Hasbro made! AND they come with bases!

Reaction score
The new Force Awaken figures look better than anything Hasbro made! AND they come with bases!
They really do look awesome. Scale is kinda off and if you wanted to display them with BS figures but the look great on their own.

Reaction score
I'm very tempted by the Force Awakens Elite series, but the difference in scale with the BS figures and the obvious screws in the backs of some of the figures give me pause.