Elite Praetorian Guard

Reaction score
Just bought the 6" version tonight, so I figured I'd share some comparison thoughts. I love both versions to death, and it's a VERY close race, but I do slightly prefer the TBS3.75 version. The 6" elbows bother me a little more than I expected (although not a dealbreaker), and the shoulder pads tend to fall off a lot. Definitely recommend both versions, but the functionality with the Walmart one is slightly better IMO.
And screw what I said about the 3.75" one being superior! Playing around with the 6" one, the elbows have started cooperating over time. And I do prefer the soft plastic skirt (although the cloth one is still great). Still very close, but now in reverse!

Reaction score
So if you want the full suite you need 8. Two sets of four. Double blade, curved pole arm, straight pole arm, whip/ sword

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yes, there are 4 different ones. I think two share the same head but have different weapons. Confirmed at the red carpet premiere this weekend.

This means I still need two of these guys. I hope the double head doesn't come from the forcelink 2-pack.

Reaction score
I really think this is too much like the Martial Arts armor in TNG(Riker and his dad wore them). And the one looks even more like a duck than the FO ST's. The "hat" part makes it look like a red Donald Duck that graduated something.

I much prefer the ROTJ Royal Guards. They should have been a closer evolution of that armor. Like how the PT had the Blue Coruscant guards.

I'm willing to get some of these for custom fodder if they're on sale. :{J

Reaction score
i don't mind most of the look per say, but the arms are what really throws it off. They're just too busy. Did they think accordion style armor would have better range of motion?

Reaction score
i don't mind most of the look per say, but the arms are what really throws it off. They're just too busy. Did they think accordion style armor would have better range of motion?
Huh, for me it's the helmets. I know what you mean about the shoulders though.

You can tell that Star Wars is taking influence from Samurai yet again. :{h

Reaction score
Got 3 of these guys today at my local Wal*Mart. 8 bucks each! I haven't opened them yet, but they look good.

Reaction score
Got 4 of them now. $8 CDN each. Thank goodness they came when Walmart was still clearancing this line.
Yeah! I got Luke today and Rose yesterday. Still haven't seen the Executioner, but he was the one I cared least about anyway.

So, do we reckon Wal*Mart will be getting more of these as cases? All the ones I've seen are out of that displayer.

Reaction score
I have a total of 3 Executioners, Luke, Rose, and 4 Praetorians. I plan to use the other 2 Praetorian 5 POA styles and putting the heads and weapons on them so I'll have 2 regular ones (one will use the sword from the TRU pack) and 1 with the TRU pack head and whip and 1 with the Rey/Guard 2-pack head and weapon. Not going to try to get all 8 as the TRU pack is too expensive to do that.

Reaction score
I have 9 of these guys but I think I only saw 2 of this version in the movie so I'll probably get rid of the other 7. Do you guys think they'll make the rest in 3.75 SA versions?

Reaction score
So, I have the four that I wanted. Since they don't have the heavy blade weapon, I'm just sticking with this so they are using all 4 different variants of the weapons currently available.

However, the hands on these guys are so small. I'm scared the one with the straight sword's thumb is going to break cause I slipped and bent his thumb almost 90 degrees back when I was putting the sword in his hand. Wish they made the hands slightly bigger or the other weapons' handles a little smaller.

Here they are. The heads on the 5 POA ones have slightly larger sockets so I had to modify them a little to fit.

Reaction score
So, I have the four that I wanted. Since they don't have the heavy blade weapon, I'm just sticking with this so they are using all 4 different variants of the weapons currently available.

However, the hands on these guys are so small. I'm scared the one with the straight sword's thumb is going to break cause I slipped and bent his thumb almost 90 degrees back when I was putting the sword in his hand. Wish they made the hands slightly bigger or the other weapons' handles a little smaller.

Here they are. The heads on the 5 POA ones have slightly larger sockets so I had to modify them a little to fit.

Looking great! I bet they make the heavy blade version part of the Blu-ray 4-pack this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've decided to pass on these guys, just don't care for the look. Especially after running across my old Imperial Knight figures.
There's just too much bland red here. I may get the two staff weapons though for other uses.

Reaction score
So there are 8 of these guys in the movie?
and so far three have been made
1. Black Series 3.75 - how many of him in the movie ?
2. bb8 pack in- how many of him in the movie ?
3. Rey/guard 2 pack- how many of him in the movie ?
also any guys in movie the havent Made or any weapons?
are there 2 sets of 4 identical weapons and guys on smokes team so we are only missing one guy to make two sets of 4?
please help lol

Reaction score
So there are 8 of these guys in the movie?
and so far three have been made
1. Black Series 3.75 - how many of him in the movie ?
2. bb8 pack in- how many of him in the movie ?
3. Rey/guard 2 pack- how many of him in the movie ?
also any guys in movie the havent Made or any weapons?
are there 2 sets of 4 identical weapons and guys on smokes team so we are only missing one guy to make two sets of 4?
please help lol
ok just saw there was also a toys r us force link 2 pack with 2 weapons, now I'm really confused. Does anyone have a picture of all 8 with the proper weapons?

Reaction score
My dealer sold the four figure as a set. I didn't really want the Guard or the stormtrooper. I opened three of the figures, but still haven't opened this one. I think the articulation is great and all, but the character didn't really appeal to me at all.

Reaction score
I wasn't too impressed with this character. I purchased a couple of the figs months ago, and the sold em. I also had a couple of the Executioner Trooper...and I couldn't give those away, so then I did, and sent em to my nephew for Christmas

Reaction score
Only issues I have with the releases is that none of them have electro-energy bladed effect. The BB-8 Base version attempted it but its not detailed enough. Least back in he AOTC toyline up to around Legacy they were not cheap on the Force or energy effects.

Reaction score
I have never seen this figure at a Wal-Mart. At this point since they have all been clearance it seems unlikely. But you would think there are a bunch of them out there somewhere.

Reaction score
I have never seen this figure at a Wal-Mart. At this point since they have all been clearance it seems unlikely. But you would think there are a bunch of them out there somewhere.
They need to release a 4 pack including one of each - or a two pack with additional helmets.

Reaction score
I had 4 of them all customized so they were four different ones with all the different 5 POA heads. However, their hands were so small I'm scared to even touch them or take the weapons out for fear that their thumbs will break off.

Reaction score
I’m sure Hasbro will re-release this figure in TVC, they’d be foolish not to. I never even saw this wave, so I’m hoping to see the whole wave again

Reaction score
They werent particularly important numerically, so two is not that bad. I think the characters would've been better suited for a box set featuring all 8 warriors. Seems the better releases are almost always going to their 6 inch linse for almost 10 years now.

Reaction score
I’m sure Hasbro will re-release this figure in TVC, they’d be foolish not to. I never even saw this wave, so I’m hoping to see the whole wave again
Yes...seems like a sure fire shoe-in for the Vintage line.

Reaction score
Considering how many times previous waves got shipped, there has to be a ton of these sitting in some warehouse somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see this wave hit Ross at some point.

Reaction score
I have one that I haven't opened yet. I could only get them here in Germany as a set of four. I only wanted Luke and Rose (before I saw the film), but I ended up with all four. Had I seen the movie first, I probably would have only bought Luke.

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth has this figure (and it's whole wave) up for pre-order if you missed it the first time. They are $13 each (original retail). I ordered 4.

I figured these had to go somewhere cuz there had to be a ton that just didn't make it stores the first time around.