Elite Commander Blaster - Build Your Own Blaster!

GNT

Reaction score
For those that are into role play items then this one is for you, looks like Hasbro has plans to release a build your own Clone Commander blaster...could be fun!

Here's the mock up, picture from actionfigurenews.ca...

Reaction score
Well heaven forbid they paint any 'gun' in actual 'gun' colors. It's not a 'gun' it's a 'blaster'

I suppose some gas station attendant would think that a clearly sci-fi weapon was actually a real gun and proceed to shoot whoever pointed it in his general direction. So it has to be white and blue

Still I bet someone would still be 'confused' by it and not take 'chances'

*edited*

GNT

Reaction score
Not really realistic is it? The blasters they released in the Legacy line are white and blue as well...now they match

Reaction score
So this is a DC-15 long-barreled rifle which breaks down to a ARC trooper's holdout blaster? Pretty nifty =)

Reaction score
Re: Elite Commander Blaster - Build Your Own Blast

Rushie said:
So this is a DC-15 long-barreled rifle which breaks down to a ARC trooper's holdout blaster? Pretty nifty =)
The little pistol looks more like the blasters that came with Bly, Deviss, Star Corps in general, Airborne, etc... ie, not ARC Trooper blasters at all. And not quite those inaccurate ROTS blasters either (the blasters Rex uses? Those are what Bly etc have in ROTS; the ones from the ROTS figures are based on a blaster prop built by the props department but never really used or even assigned for filming)

Reaction score
Oh the ennui over technicolor blasters.

God, it's so tough to be a middle class white collector.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Rushie said:
The little pistol looks more like the blasters that came with Bly, Deviss, Star Corps in general, Airborne, etc... ie, not ARC Trooper blasters at all. And not quite those inaccurate ROTS blasters either (the blasters Rex uses? Those are what Bly etc have in ROTS; the ones from the ROTS figures are based on a blaster prop built by the props department but never really used or even assigned for filming)
yes, as an Aayla/Bly fan, I know it's the Rex/Movie Bly type blaster, I just didn't know its name :p

Reaction score

I wish it WAS a Rex/movie-Bly blaster the rifle broke down into... and that it shot a Nerf dart or something. That'd be a pretty cool little toy. The pistol here, though, just reminds me too much of those incorrect blasters from the Bly figure... never liked the back-heavy design or the way they looked in a figure's hands. but it's still a fun idea.

Reaction score

I like this idea but not the color scheme.

Reaction score

just like with the lightsabers,it looks and sounds cool,but i an not going to buy it

Reaction score

Fairly intrigued by this, but the colors and the cost are off putting. Perhaps Christmas.

Reaction score

I plan on painting this with a Hammer finish black. I will still keep the orange ends on it so my nephew doesnt get any flack. I even have an old carry/brief case with foam insterts to put it in. He is going to plotz on his birthday.

Reaction score

I got one of these for my son when it first came out.

SERIOUSLY--one of the best toys out there.

Your ability to modify the gun to 3 different pistol/rifles...the clicking sound when you put on a clip... the sound effects...and the size of this baby.

This gun and the NERF long shot...two toys I bought with NO regrets.

great toy...highly recommended.

Reaction score

This one I might actually get. Then paint it gunmetal or something. Not too hard to paint them yourself after all!

Reaction score

Does anyone have loose pictures or a review? If you buy a roleplay toy you get 3 action figures. I might want to get into that deal with this blaster.

Reaction score

I don't have any pictures but since I got mine last year I haven't seen or heard any bad things about it. You can change it up in a lot of ways. Different pieces makes the blaster have differnet sounds. Excellent rool-play toy if you ask me. I wish I had my receipt still so I could send in for the free figs.

Reaction score

So let me get this straight. I can buy the blaster for about $24, get 3 crappy figures free from Hasbro, return those crappy figures to Walmart and get about $24, netting me a free blaster and giving Walmart 3 more figures they can't possibly sell? Good thinking Hasbro.

Reaction score
NickRyder said:
Well heaven forbid they paint any 'gun' in actual 'gun' colors. It's not a 'gun' it's a 'blaster'

I suppose some *edited* gas station attendant would think that a clearly sci-fi weapon was actually a real gun and proceed to shoot whoever pointed it in his general direction. So it has to be white and blue

Still I bet someone would still be 'confused' by it and not take 'chances'
That wasnt prejudice or anything :\

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
So let me get this straight. I can buy the blaster for about $24, get 3 crappy figures free from Hasbro, return those crappy figures to Walmart and get about $24, netting me a free blaster and giving Walmart 3 more figures they can't possibly sell? Good thinking Hasbro.
seeing how Hasbro sends things in white packages, I doubt you will be able to return them to WalMart.