El-Les - CW47

GNT

Reaction score
El-Les is a bounty hunter who popped up in the first episode of season 3 and was contracted to debate the fate of the Domino Squad. His partner in crime Sergeant Bric is being made so does El-Les stand a good chance? Who wants to see him made? Would you buy him?

Reaction score
Re: El-Les (**Season 3**)

since we are getting Sergent Bric as a mail away i'm sure we'll see El-Les either as another mail away or a pack in for an upcoming battlepack.

not sure if I'd actually want him though.

Reaction score

I'd be interested in El-les. Wonder why he has "normal" legs instead of the backward legs like Hem Dazon?

Reaction score

Bearded_Star said:
I'd be interested in El-les. Wonder why he has "normal" legs instead of the backward legs like Hem Dazon?
Probably the same reason his skin is green instead of dark blue

Reaction score

Or reddish brown, like the one in ANH.

Considering the original character was just a puppet head and the body was inferred by subsequent EU contributors (inlcuding Hasbro) I'm guessing the CW team didn't look into what else had been extrapolated for the species beyond the cantina appearance, so they made up their own body, possibly not knowing or caring about the precedent already set.

Reaction score

Rev's got the right idea. That's probably it exactly... could also be they didn't wanna model & rig something more challenging than 'traditional bipedal humanoid' for the overseas animators.

Regardless of the reasons and the discrepancies (the skin color being the least, since different species can have a whole range of skin tones, just like humans!), I'd like a figure of him. He's cool!

Edit: also, Lucasfilm's shown that the same species can have lots of different physical attributes over the years... just gather up a bunch of OT aliens and compare them to fellow members of their species from the PT. Hands are usually different, and Aqualish went from 2-eyes with a baby-butt hanging out of their mouths to 4-eyes with tusks that kinda look like spider mandibles. And in ANH alone, an Aqualish went from cupped flipper-hands to furry 5-digit hands in just a few seconds!

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
...could also be they didn't wanna model & rig something more challenging than 'traditional bipedal humanoid' for the overseas animators.
Yeah, good point on the rigging. Considering he's not a super important character that might have played a part in it too. Money talks and that would likely have cost some more unless there was something they could reuse from a previous model.

The skin colour doesn't bother me in the slightest for the same reasons Toon stated. The legs should bug me but I'm not too fussed. Seated in a cantina diorama, Hem Dazon's legs are obscured anyway, so teh contradiction isn't a big deal to me personally.

GNT

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
El Les is indeed rumoured to be coming in 2011 according to a tweet posted by Dan Curto. I'm in for one for sure.
Good to hear

Reaction score

capt_kulas said:
if bric is coming, el les can't be far behind. i wonder what accessory can come with him?
A blaster, of course. Looks like he's got one holstered there in that screencap.

Reaction score

OMG! i wasn't too bothered about him as an idea, but seeing him in plastic form makes me want him so much more! and he looks awesome!
Bariss-Offee and El-Les are now compulsory buys for me! haha

Reaction score

This looks like a solid figure, I will be picking one up. I guess the CW line is getting better about not putting in an Obi-Wan and Anakin in EVERY wave. I might have to start getting heavier into this line again. But only time will tell.

Reaction score

For the most part, I'm pretty much over the Clone Wars line, mainly due to the fact that I never got too in to the cartoon. However, some of the figures coming out in this line are pretty amazing. This one looks like a winner to me.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: El-Les

Looking good, it was only a matter of time before we saw him. Now we need close up pics

Reaction score
Re: El-Les

Aawesome figure! I'm kind of surprized they chose him to make when there is plenty of other characters we would like to see that had a bigger role than him but he still looks great.

Reaction score
Re: El-Les - CW**

He looks great, I love that rifle too. It has a modern feeling to it.

Reaction score

Looks good - nice representation of the in show model and a good companion piece for Bric. Surely now they have to do the rest of Domino Squad? Otherwise it's silly.

Still would rather have seen Master Di as the mailaway instead of Bric though. Ah well.

Reaction score

matt292 said:
Still would rather have seen Master Di as the mailaway instead of Bric though. Ah well.
Yes! Yes! YES! I am still holding on to a slim hope that we will see Master Di somewhere at TF2011 next month.

Reaction score

Another alien I can place in Jabba's Palace or the Cantina, I like it.

Reaction score

This is one that I'll actually be getting, he's got that cool Alien factor and looks pretty good!

Reaction score

Need a clearer pic. From this pic, he looks like the style of original vintage figures like Hammerhead (who we much later found out to be Ithorian).

Reaction score

The alien figures in TCW line as of late have been really cool. Bossk, Cato Parasiti, Embo, Robonino. Now this one.

Reaction score

The sculpt seems dead-on, but the figure still doesn't feel like El-Les. Maybe it's the eyes... at any rate, not enough for me to pass on him. Will still buy.