EFX's Darth Vader "Pyre" Helmet (Melted Helmet)

Reaction score
EFX is finally selling Darth Vader's "Pyre" helmet via their website;

https://www.efxcollectibles.com/collections/star-wars/products/pyre-darth-vader-helmet

Price is $1,599.00 w/o shipping.

My questions are as follow;

1) The listing says this helmet will be "LIMITED" and numbered plaque that specifies its limted number, will be included upon purchase. However, EFX neglected to mention HOW MANY they are producing. The "cart" only allows us to add 242 Darth Vader helmets. I assume the helmet is limited to 500 and around half are available via website and another 250 sold via conventions and direct sales? Could anyone clarify?

2) Definitely cheaper than Prop Replica's $5,000 helmet. If EFX's Pyre Helmet quality is equivalent to Prop Replica's, should I get it? Would you get it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good points raised. I don’t think anyone but EFX will be able to clarify the “limited” issue. Seems similar to what Sideshow does. Some things are numbered editions, some are just “limited.” Available until they aren’t.

It is cheaper. Doesn’t come in a ridiculous wooden box, and doesn’t have the silly microchip thing. Also not made by people claiming to be the prop makers from the film’s like the Prop Shop one was. Price seems fair to me, but I want to see better pictures to be sure that the level of detail is nearly that of the Prop Shop one. What I’ve seen looks a little soft.

For this price, I’m interested, even considering the fact that I already own one (an excellent fan made piece by MasterEdi). I love the design of this prop. Very curious what the “themed” base is. The base of the Prop Shop replica was one of its weak points in my opinion.

All that said I would be a little surprised if this sells out quickly. We’ll see. I’d be more tempted if Sideshow offered it as a distributor, which seems possible given that they’d advertised it when EFX first announced it a year or so ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is more of an timed edition. However many are ordered by certain date I believe will be made up to that point.

They combined the screen used and the digital file to come up with this. It will be more accurate detailed at release.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot] just can’t see paying $1600 for a melted Vader helmet that was barely used for 30 seconds in TFA[/FONT]

Reaction score
I like this. But it is advertised a 3D printed. Ok,..... 3D printed material doesn't exactly lasts long from what I read? My friend actually held the Prop Shop one which is 3D printed and its pretty underwelming feeling really light.

It being light is fine with me. Just don't want to plonk 1.6 grand to know that the material will disintegrate in a couple years.

Reaction score
Timed edition is when something is put out for ordering and closed within a certain date. All orders within that time are what the final edition is. So if in a couple months only 300 are ordered let’s say, then that’s the edition size.

This is will not be 3D printed. EFX knows 3D materials don’t last long and are too porous. This is based on the 3D scan and screen used version. Will be more detailed and painted better. 100%.

Reaction score
Those timed editions are done by XM Studios most of the time.
In the end you exactly know how many people were actually interested in the collectable.
Chris

Reaction score
I like it.. Not sold yet as $1,600 is more than i expected.. I thought it would be around $1,000.00
Will wait to see what the base would look I like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The EFX website says: “3D printed like the original screen-used prop.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like this. But it is advertised a 3D printed. Ok,..... 3D printed material doesn't exactly lasts long from what I read? My friend actually held the Prop Shop one which is 3D printed and its pretty underwelming feeling really light.

It being light is fine with me. Just don't want to plonk 1.6 grand to know that the material will disintegrate in a couple years.
Yep, that would be my big concern about ordering this item. Will the paint on 3D printed material hold up or will it start to flake off in time? Will the prop retain it's shape over time or become more deformed than it already is? Who knows. And it's a rather big gamble on an expensive prop like this.

Reaction score
I just preordered mine.
I have been eyeing to add Melted Vader Helmet by PropStore, but the price-tag of $5,000 ~ $10,000 made it impossible for me.
$1,600 surely sounds more reasonable and I understand that despite the long, long.... LONG possible waiting time, EFX's prior Vader Masks (limited, legendary, MQ editions) have been stunning.

BTW, this is response that I received from EFX regarding the Pyre Helmet's limited status:

"
Hi Arnold!
We apologize for the delay in the responding toyour email, but as you may know, we were at Star Wars Celebration! We are justcatching up on emails!
The edition size will be based on the quantity ofthe pre-orders, so we do not have the number yet.
However, the edition will not exceed 500 pieces.
Thanks!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Heard something interesting about this, direct from EFX, responding to a question about how the EFX version compares to the previous Prop Shop release:

Our helmet is basically the same as the Prop Shop version, but it has a little more detail and the painting is closer to the actual screen used helmet.

We started with the same file as Prop Shop, but as you may know, in film production, they will change the prop slightly by adding more weathering, details etc.

So what we did was start the with same file but also scanned the actual screen used helmet and combined the 2 files together. Also, we had the extra paint details that was not on the original prop that Prop Shop made for the film.
Certainly interesting. If I knew it’d ship when it’s supposed to I’d be really tempted. And if there wasn’t the whole ongoing Scout Legend issue...

Reaction score

Yep, that would be my big concern about ordering this item. Will the paint on 3D printed material hold up or will it start to flake off in time? Will the prop retain it's shape over time or become more deformed than it already is? Who knows. And it's a rather big gamble on an expensive prop like this.
Does anyone have any more information on 3D decay? I too am interested in purchasing this, especially based on Jagjaguwar's info, but what chance is there that the helmet will crack or break down in the years to come? It's definitely something that needs to hold its value for MANY years if they are charging this much.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more information on 3D decay? I too am interested in purchasing this, especially based on Jagjaguwar's info, but what chance is there that the helmet will crack or break down in the years to come? It's definitely something that needs to hold its value for MANY years if they are charging this much.
I'm sure eFX will quickly replace any units that become faulty.

Reaction score
I'm sure eFX will quickly replace any units that become faulty.
If they are immediately faulty -- but the voiced concern is the longevity of 3D printing. If EFX is only producing as many units as ordered, if a few years from now your helmet gets a crack from just sitting on a shelf and breaking down, I don't think EFX will be able to do anything about it.

Does anyone have any experience buying 3D printed props? How have they aged?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If they are immediately faulty -- but the voiced concern is the longevity of 3D printing. If EFX is only producing as many units as ordered, if a few years from now your helmet gets a crack from just sitting on a shelf and breaking down, I don't think EFX will be able to do anything about it.

Does anyone have any experience buying 3D printed props? How have they aged?
They hold up well if after the process if they treated /lacquered. The few I have for 3 years show no signs of degradation.... Yet. A lot will determined as time goes by and the condition of how the are stored. In Alabama in a non climate storage facility I'm sure your mileage will vary

Last edited:
Reaction score
They hold up well if after the process if they treated /lacquered. The few I have for 3 years show no signs of degradation.... Yet. A lot will determined as time goes by and the condition of how the are stored. In Alabama in a non climate storage facility I'm sure your mileage will vary
I live in Mobile, AL and there is no way I would put anything in storage that isn't climate controlled! And then, I'm still careful of what I put in there just in case.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

I wish they'd post higher quality images on their site. The Propshop one was beyond expensive, but they did a good job of trying to justify the price with the images and video.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about this? I see the delivery date has now passed.

Reaction score
Anyone placed a pre-order on this? After the whole fiasco of both eFX and Anovos, I will no longer pre-order anything unless they have it in stock.

Reaction score
Anyone placed a pre-order on this? After the whole fiasco of both eFX and Anovos, I will no longer pre-order anything unless they have it in stock.
What fiasco are you referring to again? Anovos, perhaps, but EFX?

There is Galaxy’s Edge if you are dismayed with current Prop Replica makers. No point bantering about EFX at every chance given.

Last edited:
Reaction score

There is Galaxy’s Edge if you are dismayed with current Prop Replica makers. No point bantering about EFX at every chance given.
You do know that efx has been holding $450,000 in customer preorders for five+ years now on the Biker Scout Legend helmet and folks have nothing to show for it, right? That certainly qualifies as a fiasco to me.

Reaction score

You do know that efx has been holding $450,000 in customer preorders for five+ years now on the Biker Scout Legend helmet and folks have nothing to show for it, right? That certainly qualifies as a fiasco to me.
Efx taught Anovos everything they know. From how to take preorder money with no product or updates, ignoring customers right through to flat out lying about delivery dates to secure an order. It probably won’t be long before Anovos find some old product to scalp on eBay.
Efx are the original and the best, at being awful.

Reaction score
I am off course referring to eFX failure to deliver the Legend Biker Scout for 5 years now. They are sitting on close to half a million dollars of fully paid preorder money on the Legend Biker Scout as what Benobi_70 said. And not to mention how much more hundreds of thousands of dollar on the undelivered but fully paid preorders of Mark 7 Iron Man helmets (regular version and exclusive) and also the Star Lord helmet.

Reaction score
Yeah the Iron Man Helmet where Marvel Fans are waiting for for years now, I think they went up at the same time.
I honestly doubt this one will ever be shipped. We will know better in 5 years.
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
That helmet (Mark 7) was featured in the first Avengers movie. Since then, we now have the 4th Avengers movie (End Game) and still that helmet has not shipped. My fellow friend (also a scummer) pre-ordered it. And still has not received it till today.

Reaction score
Kind of like just the Star Lords helmets mentioned above as well.. will we ever see those preorders ? along with Vader Pyre?

The Vader pyre is supposed to be a 3D print piece.. how hard is that to knock out??? I guess after the dice are made?

Credit card disputes are coming... I’m sure...

Just continual disappointment. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
What’s the deal with the timed release on this? It’s still open for preorder yet expected to ship in the next month or so?
Anyone order and have updates from Bryan? They can’t be far of being finish now? :)

Reaction score
I am actually waiting if this will see the light of day. Wanted the Prop Shop one but was way over priced. If it actually gets released and there is actually stocks in hand, I will go thru a 3rd party retailer or e-tailer.

Reaction score
My hope even though it might be a slim chance..
Is for master replicas to pick up the star wars license again.. For now .. I'll buy my EFX items thru a 3rd party or eBay..

Last edited: