eFX Y-Wing Gold Leader

Reaction score
This seems a great idea from eFX for the fans who missed the elusive MR. And I'm sure this will be more accurate too. Good luck for those of you getting it. For me eFX please bring Vader's TIE :)

Reaction score
I missed the MR one back then and I have been regretting it all this time, so this seems like a second chance to me and I will not miss it again.

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that since the MR Y-Wing run was cut short, they will finish the run of atleast take X amount of pre-orders.

Reaction score

It seems that all we know thus far is that the price will be $799

YEEEESSSSSSS !!!!! I am over the moon eFX are producing a new Y-Wing. It's ridiculous how much the original MR version is selling for nowadays. I nearly purchased a factory sealed MR Y-Wing a few months back costing a fortune.... I'm glad I didn't now, as no doubt, this new version will be superior to the MR and CHEAPER !!!! :grin:

On a side note, I think the $799 price is advertising the Vader LE helmet. There doesn't seem to be any information/pricing regarding the Y-Wing.... yet

Reaction score

It seems that all we know thus far is that the price will be $799

Ok, what's the under/over on this actually shipping before Episode IX? I want this now! I'be been drooling over the MR Y-Wing for years but just can't justify the price. If this is a grand or under, I'm getting TWO! Ok, maybe not if I want to stay married, but, oh how sweet that would be! ;)

Reaction score
YEEEESSSSSSS !!!!! I am over the moon eFX are producing a new Y-Wing. It's ridiculous how much the original MR version is selling for nowadays. I nearly purchased a factory sealed MR Y-Wing a few months back costing a fortune.... I'm glad I didn't now, as no doubt, this new version will be superior to the MR and CHEAPER !!!! :grin:

On a side note, I think the $799 price is advertising the Vader LE helmet. There doesn't seem to be any information/pricing regarding the Y-Wing.... yet

You're are probably right but why is the sign sitting on the Y-wing display base.

Reaction score

Well, the price only shows the Vader pic BUT not the name of the product. Is the Vader helmet there at SDCC displayed?

Reaction score
I missed out on the Master Replicas version as well. I'm hoping they release this with a base that is a little bigger than the model. I hate the little bases that came with the MR SS Y-Wing and the eFX SS X-Wing.

Count me in for sure!

Reaction score
From the one photo, it does look like it, yes.
And the MR Y-Wing did MSRP for $799, so that could be the correct price for the EFX X-Wing. Perhaps as speculated as a nod to those folks who were cut out of the MR Y-Wing run.

Reaction score
Well, the price only shows the Vader pic BUT not the name of the product. Is the Vader helmet there at SDCC displayed?

It does say "Darth Vader Helmet Limited Edition A New Hope" in red over the pic of Vader...

eFxDarthSign_zps8661c016.png~original

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup, can't argue with that.

Well, hopefully it's under $1k but it is defintely more detailed than the Tie Fighter, so who knows.

Reaction score
I would think this will be round or about 1K, maybe slightly more then the Tie.

Reaction score
I was really hoping this would have a R4 unit head rather than a R2. Making some difference from the MR and EFX. since I got the MR I don't know if I should go for this one too.

Reaction score
I think the MR Y is kind of a generic Y-wing, with elements of different Y-Wings in it's build. Although it is painted kind of as Gold Leader.
I suspect (I am sure the details will come out) that the EFX is going to be much more specific detail wise to the Gold Leader miniature.

Master Replicas Y-Wing How accurate is it or not?

I was really hoping this would have a R4 unit head rather than a R2. Making some difference from the MR and EFX. since I got the MR I don't know if I should go for this one too.

Reaction score
This Y-wing and the Star Destroyer are from Neisen's team the same person I got my Y-wing kit from that I posted in the other thread. It will be an exact replica of which Y-wing they go for. Probably gold leader but he was to make each version in kit form. I’m sure EFX will only produce the one type as all the Y-wings are alike except the red jammer that I have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The difference with MR's license before was that they were not allowed to include "characters" thus no droid or human figures. With EFX, they are allowed to do and had jointly worked with Gentle Giant on the Red 5 Xwing. An R5 on the new Ywing plus light up electronics and even Gold Leader himself would be welcome. I'm also not confident about seeing a turret as well coming with this. That may be kept unique for the old product line and keeping that out would lower the price I guess.

Reaction score
The Star Wars collectibles update panel has finished and it would appear the Y-Wing was not even mentioned...

But I did find this on GalacticHunters Facebook page. They are quoting a pricepoint of $1200 for it:

Reaction score
I humbly believe EFX will have serious problems selling it at 1.2K the ship is not as iconic or famous enough for that price.. both X-Wing and TIE retailed for less..

Reaction score
I believe this will appeal to the people missing on the old MR version too. But as how well the sales will go we'll see when pre-orders are up and edition size is established.

Reaction score
I doubt efx made their targeted profit from the tie adventure. I expect that if we want top quality product, with Uncompromised research & development which will require a long lead time, plus a sturdy shipping box that will hopefully avoid the distaste rs of the vader.......We should expect to pay a little more..
You get what you pay for, or otherwise put- " don't expect champagne on a beer budget"

I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be a worthy investment.
Efx - please make sure there are no compromises when turning steve neilens research & screen accurate detailing , into reality when it's given to the factory in china.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe this will appeal to the people missing on the old MR version too. But as how well the sales will go we'll see when pre-orders are up and edition size is established.

It will appeal to those that missed out, but at this point how many are there collecting that missed out that will pay 1.2K and then not take a gamble to get it cheaper?

Reaction score
Efx - please make sure there are no compromises when turning steve neilens research & screen accurate detailing , into reality when it's given to the factory in china.

Well said sir.

Reaction score
I doubt efx made their targeted profit from the tie adventure. I expect that if we want top quality product, with Uncompromised research & development which will require a long lead time, plus a sturdy shipping box that will hopefully avoid the distaste rs of the vader.......We should expect to pay a little more..
You get what you pay for, or otherwise put- " don't expect champagne on a beer budget"

I was thinking the same thing after I watched the video that came out on Yodanews, when Bryan started talking about how the chinese manufacturers always try to maximize the process and sometimes cut corners. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hqsYh89-2oo

Reaction score
I asked Bryan about the Y-Wing specifically today. No time frame for when it will be ready yet, still a work in progress. He did mention the timeline for the TIE fighter when pressed on this, so I would be patient for quite awhile, this may be quite a bit longer before we see a finished product. He would not comment on the price point, so I think anyone who says they know are just speculating.