EFX Tie Fighter - conclusions needed

Reaction score
Hello together,

you helped me in the past very well, so I need your conclusions again please.

I found a EFX Tie, sadly the original package and the coa missing. Also the fighter has some damages. The cockpit is Brocken (can be fixed easy I guess) and one wing is damaged on the backside buttom. (Will try to post fotos) It comes with an case.

The last Tie’s I saw went for 2.400-2.800 € (complete sets, perfect condition)

So, what you think is a fair price for the set?

Greetings
Cody

Reaction score
Hello together,

you helped me in the past very well, so I need your conclusions again please.

I found a EFX Tie, sadly the original package and the coa missing. Also the fighter has some damages. The cockpit is Brocken (can be fixed easy I guess) and one wing is damaged on the backside buttom. (Will try to post fotos) It comes with an case.

The last Tie’s I saw went for 2.400-2.800 € (complete sets, perfect condition)

So, what you think is a fair price for the set?

Greetings
Cody
It would be exactly as much as you are willing to pay for it and feel comfortable.

Reaction score
I'd make some enquiries with a modeller and see how much repairs are likely to run to. See if you can negotiate a price drop similar to the cost of repair.

Reaction score
Pictures would be helpful but I would echo that you should only pay as much as you're comfortable paying. Also ask yourself if you'd be happy with the damage if you weren't able to fix it yourself or find someone who can.

Reaction score
My best advise would buy the best model you can afford. Having the COA and original packaging is about 40% of the value vs. a complete model. Having to do repairs and the cost of that should also be considered. However without pics that’s the best I could provide conclusion wise for you. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it has the original base and stand and you think you can fix it yourself then I would not spend more than $1000 USD on it. For price comparison, I just ordered 2 of these for $999 a piece plus shipping. Shipping about $250 a piece. https://www.mycsculptures.com/model-t

Reaction score
More reply’s are welcome. Hope anybody has an idea what a repair would cost and it’s even possible.

Greetings
Cody

TOS

Reaction score
It's mostly resin so I would say that everything is possible for a propmaker !!! The best bet is to have a quotation of the work before to make an offer but I don't see too much work in your pics....

Reaction score
Well it's repairable, but as stated I would get that cost stated upfront. Then it really depends upon the cost you can get it for. It has a lot of negatives so the only possible positive would be a extremely low cost point.

Reaction score
I recommend that you join the SciFi Studio Modellers Facebook group at
www.facebook.com/groups/scifistudioscale They sell a very accurate studio scale Tie fighter kit that was the foundation for the MYC Tie fighter. You should find modelers in that group to help with the repairs.

Here are some addition questions you want to ask the seller.
  1. Does the efx Tie include the base, plaque and plaque stand? If so what is the condition of each of the parts
  2. Are the pictures of the wing damage the same wing? Can the wings be attached to the body such that the damaged corners are on the backside? The idea here is that if the damaged corners are on the front you want a higher quality repair and paint, than if it was on a back bottom corner where it is less noticeable.
  3. Is the cockpit cover and trapezoide piece included? If so, what is the condition? If not, check SciFi Studio Modellers for replacement parts. The replacement part may not be a perfect match but it should be close enough
  4. In the photo with the Tie pilot, the texture of the hands are inconsistent with the rest of the body. Was there work done on the pilot? If so that would explain why the cover is off.
  5. In the photo with the chip paint, ask if it came that way or if the chip was caused by an accident. If it was caused by an accident, simple touch up might be sufficient or it might be a paint adhesion problem requiring some additional work.
  6. In the photo of the rear hatch, you can see the two arms on the left side of the piece that is attached to the top of the hatch. It looks like the right arm is there, but it's hard to tell. Rrecommend getting aonother photo of the hatch from top down point of view to verify the presence of the right arm.
  7. Ask if the lights work.
Good luck.

Reaction score
I recommend that you join the SciFi Studio Modellers Facebook group at
www.facebook.com/groups/scifistudioscale They sell a very accurate studio scale Tie fighter kit that was the foundation for the MYC Tie fighter. You should find modelers in that group to help with the repairs.

Here are some addition questions you want to ask the seller.
  1. Does the efx Tie include the base, plaque and plaque stand? If so what is the condition of each of the parts
  2. Are the pictures of the wing damage the same wing? Can the wings be attached to the body such that the damaged corners are on the backside? The idea here is that if the damaged corners are on the front you want a higher quality repair and paint, than if it was on a back bottom corner where it is less noticeable.
  3. Is the cockpit cover and trapezoide piece included? If so, what is the condition? If not, check SciFi Studio Modellers for replacement parts. The replacement part may not be a perfect match but it should be close enough
  4. In the photo with the Tie pilot, the texture of the hands are inconsistent with the rest of the body. Was there work done on the pilot? If so that would explain why the cover is off.
  5. In the photo with the chip paint, ask if it came that way or if the chip was caused by an accident. If it was caused by an accident, simple touch up might be sufficient or it might be a paint adhesion problem requiring some additional work.
  6. In the photo of the rear hatch, you can see the two arms on the left side of the piece that is attached to the top of the hatch. It looks like the right arm is there, but it's hard to tell. Rrecommend getting aonother photo of the hatch from top down point of view to verify the presence of the right arm.
  7. Ask if the lights work.
Good luck.
Very nicely detailed post ictvtom!

With regards to #4, I think the texture of the hands are the same, it's the lighting that's making one look different. Just my opinion.