EFX Star Destroyer

Reaction score
Made on a per order basis! ROFLMAO. As much as I'd love one of these, until I get my Legend Biker Scout helmet, they're not getting another dime from me! Fool me once...

Reaction score
The only ray of hope is that they state they are handmade in USA - therefore no lame "Chinese manufacturing" excuses.

In honesty, if they can make this work somehow, it could be the best decision they've ever made. The key word here though is, "if..."

Reaction score
This is a very high risk. I don't know. We dealing with eFX. They might just hold on to your money and take years and years and years.

Reaction score
The only ray of hope is that they state they are handmade in USA - therefore no lame "Chinese manufacturing" excuses.
The "Chinese manufacturing" excuse was just that, an EXCUSE! The Limited Scout Helmet had the very same visor chasm/gap on it when released as when it was first shown years before. EFX claimed they were working for years on 'perfecting' the helmet, when in fact it was proven they were just lying/stalling.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
The "Chinese manufacturing" excuse was just that, an EXCUSE! The Limited Scout Helmet had the very same visor chasm/gap on it when released as when it was first shown years before. EFX claimed they were working for years on 'perfecting' the helmet, when in fact it was proven they were just lying/stalling.

Cheers

Jez
Yes, it was a straight up lie. Yes claimed they had issues with the helmet and tried to iron out the issues and thus the delays. And yet, after waiting even longer, it still the same thing with all the issues.

Reaction score
More, I reckon. At four feet in length, Shipping alone will be over a thousand.

Reaction score
for such a model, anyone considering to order must remember that you will have a

1- Much more accurate
2- Much cheaper replica with
3- Much better paint job

if you simply commissioned a pro builder (such as Randy Cooper, Tim Ketzer, etc...) in the community...

just wanted to remind you people :)

Reaction score
for such a model, anyone considering to order must remember that you will have a

1- Much more accurate
2- Much cheaper replica with
3- Much better paint job

if you simply commissioned a pro builder (such as Randy Cooper, Tim Ketzer, etc...) in the community...

just wanted to remind you people :)
Don't forget you'll actually get what you paid for!

Reaction score
That's so sick!! I love how this thread moved onto praising Randy Cooper's commissioned ISD. :)

eFX is definitely not getting a penny from me for preorders through them ever.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW. $16, 000 is very expensive. I don't think that the fact that the product is built in the states makes up for that price.

Is this the same as the Randy Cooper model?

Reaction score
i can nearly guarantee these will be hastily assembled in steve neisen's basement. most of the major surfaces don't even mate up properly on the replica. just another money grab from these shifty charlatans. there were many artists that got commissioned by EFX to build star wars replicas for the disney parks in 2015. several of the artists were told they couldn't be paid any money after handing over months of their work because "disney never paid us." meanwhile, mr. neisen was taking a cruise in the bahamas after "inking the deal" with disney.

EFX should not even be around in 2018, let alone still promising to produce overpriced vaporware.

a few rich suckers will get a slapped together model in 2019 and the rest in line will wait years after pre-order and receive nothing but excuses and then silence in return.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I second every single word of this!!!!! So true.... $16K???? Even QmX was more modest in their pricing and x10 higher quality... I really want efx GONE.. They are a contaminating the whole concept of 'collectibles' with posion..

i can nearly guarantee these will be hastily assembled in steve neisen's basement. most of the major surfaces don't even mate up properly on the replica. just another money grab from these shifty charlatans. there were many artists that got commissioned by EFX to build star wars replicas for the disney parks in 2015. several of the artists were told they couldn't be paid any money after handing over months of their work because "disney never paid us." meanwhile, mr. neisen was taking a cruise in the bahamas after "inking the deal" with disney.

EFX should not even be around in 2018, let alone still promising to produce overpriced vaporware.

a few rich suckers will get a slapped together model in 2019 and the rest in line will wait years after pre-order and receive nothing but excuses and then silence in return.

Reaction score
The writings on the wall with regard to EFX.

Anyone who orders one of these is a dumb fool who can afford to lose $16k.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
the guys at eFX are just making stuff for their personal collections at this point. they're using an international SW license as their own personal dispensary.

(like Micheal Jackson installing his own personal McDonalds restaurant at Neverland -- these models are not actually intended for sale to the 'general public'* -- they're just for friends and family).

* why make SW products that are completely out of reach for 99.99% of all SW fans? these products are obviously not created for the "SW collector", nor the "collector-market" (at all).

they are created for Bryan's Basement. and Gino's Garage. :p LOL (limited edition size: 2 units -- give or take a few random purchases by their own employees -- maybe 20 units total).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where is the $16k price coming from?

edit: Nevermind, I see it! o-o

Last edited: