eFX Red Five X-Wing Part 8

Reaction score
Best offer that was accepted was $1900 with $60 shipping.

Retail was $999 back in 2012. It's crazy to think that was six years ago. Feels like just yesterday to me. Chalk it up to being old.

Comparing quality of EFX vs Icons, $2000 is not a bad deal for the Tie Fighter. Especially the EFX one, it is a dam fine replica.

Reaction score
One just sold on eBay but the price is hidden. It did not sell for $2199 but sold as a "best offer". Apparently their housekeeping is as bad is how they handled the Scout Helmet ;) to keep finding this stuff just laying around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EFX-Star-W...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It sold for $1,900.00 and you can find it here by entering the auction number 233060410033. It is the same tool for any Best Offer Accepted auction. : FlipperTools

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please buy them so I don’t. My CC has taken enough abuse this week! Lol

Reaction score
I would still wait, there are still a few Millenium Falcon's coming, because these boxes are also very quickly overlooked in the warehouse.Also, the price will be a bit higher, but no matter, it may be an artist proof:D!!

Reaction score
Well what do you know. I just found an artist proof MR millenium falcon in my shed. Looks exactly like the Deagostini Falcon but that's only coincidence haha

Reaction score
So what is the current going rate for the eFX X-wing? Not a new one, mind you...

Reaction score
Red14 you are right. I have seen them go for about that also. I did see a damaged one , I think it was the left upper wing that was damaged go fro 1800 ? I think. They are getting scarce though.

Reaction score
Red14 you are right. I have seen them go for about that also. I did see a damaged one , I think it was the left upper wing that was damaged go fro 1800 ? I think. They are getting scarce though.

Yes, notwithstanding any random Artist Proofs that pop-up and eFX may try to sell for $8,000 USD, I think there are only 838 that were released.

Reaction score
So what is the current going rate for the eFX X-wing? Not a new one, mind you...
3rd one was a real auction and the last one I found, if there will be any new auction I'll be posting it as well:

https://equi-nox76.jimdosite.com/

I could have bought one in the Netherlands for 2400 Euro + personal pick up (about 2 hours of driving for me).

Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a question concerning the X-Wing to all owners.

from these pictures on the sale thread it looks like the x-wing is not 100% horizontal:

Was the intention of eFX to have the front a bit higher than the back so that it looks like the X-Wing lifts off a bit?

Chris
As far as I know they all tend to sit like that. There is actually a electrical connection that runs through the pole that connects to the xwing before placing it on the pole.

Here's a quick pic if mine. Sorry for the quality but you can see they look pretty similar.
2bd8e21b1aeac8a7a4915dd278b056f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup looks to be the same on all the X-Wings I can find in the www, so I assume this was intended. Just wanted to make sure it is no defect :)
Thanks a lot for checking and taking the pic.
Chris

Reaction score
I am tending to agree Chris as I cant look at mine at home at the moment. As all the weight on the model is in the wings and engines extensions that is rearward on the pole and the pole is only secured but a single screw below. There may be a slight tilt up. At least its not the EFX Tie fighter tilt that they all tend to have to one side. I had to pull the pole apart on that one. Reglue the plastic acrylic plug in the pole and sand off the excess and then not over tighten the screw. Then it was level probably for the first time since new.

Reaction score
At least its not the EFX Tie fighter tilt that they all tend to have to one side. I had to pull the pole apart on that one. Reglue the plastic acrylic plug in the pole and sand off the excess and then not over tighten the screw. Then it was level probably for the first time since new.

My EFX TIE doesn't have that problem

Reaction score
My EFX TIE doesn't have that problem

EVERYONE I have seen for sale on Ebay have that problem Sergiu. I am sure there are exceptions. Glad to hear you did not have to take those measures I did. I believe it occurs if the pole is over tightened GC

Reaction score
I have seen 2 other EFX TIEs in person in a couple friends' collections, and also quite a few in various displays online, none had that issue.

Reaction score
Even mine you didn't see because I fixed it before I posted it. I am sure there are some that are fine and some that are off. This is all I am saying its not meant to be a argument

Reaction score
Still my most favorite SW thing I own. Glad “it” made a cameo in Episode 9 and the comics went into how Luke got it back after ESB. It’s still THE definitive Star Wars vehicle to me.

Reaction score
Even mine you didn't see because I fixed it before I posted it. I am sure there are some that are fine and some that are off. This is all I am saying its not meant to be a argument

No argument :) I guess it is all about how it was assembled, if the owner wasn't assembling it correctly it could have had this issue. I always assemble the stuff I got with the most care, and I think many others are too.

Reaction score
Very nice! Can't wait to see it! Where did you get the pedestal?

I'm waiting on my EFX X-Wing acrylic case to come in. I hear it's big...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Its not just big its heavy !!!!!!! Will not fit in a small car. Chris has them ordered (Pedestals) and then he does the texturing and painting himself !!!! As he really has the hang of it by now lol....... Chris always has pedestals rising lately

EFX over-packed em and its a box in a box concept to protect them. Which is why they survived. Well done where did you find one FuzzyWampa ? I found mine on Ebay about 6 months ago. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its not just big its heavy !!!!!!! Will not fit in a small car. Chris has them ordered (Pedestals) and then he does the texturing and painting himself !!!! As he really has the hang of it by now lol....... Chris always has pedestals rising lately

EFX over-packed em and its a box in a box concept to protect them. Which is why they survived. Well done where did you find one FuzzyWampa ? I found mine on Ebay about 6 months ago. GC
I'm going to be a little tight lipped on who it it because I'm negotiating with them on some other items, but the case is still in it's original box never opened and I only paid the shipping cost for it.

Reaction score

If you are in Europe you can get any pedestal you like. I order them raw so I can give them the 1 to 1 look of my basement, but you can get them in any kind of form, colour, with or without acrylic cover etc...

My next one is for the eFX Tie Fighter, still looking for one that I can get in mint with all boxes for 1.8K, for that price I will buy immediately.

I can recommend them, fast, cheap, perfect quality.

Good job on finding one by the way, I had to get a different car for that box, it's bigger than the box of the X-Wing itself and it does not fit in the trunk of my car. Make sure you get it, because it is absolutely worth it!!! That square base is badass and really heavy, much better than the base the X-Wing came with. Also you do not need to get a custom made cover for it (so money saved haha).

Chris

Reaction score
If you are in Europe you can get any pedestal you like. I order them raw so I can give them the 1 to 1 look of my basement, but you can get them in any kind of form, colour, with or without acrylic cover etc...

My next one is for the eFX Tie Fighter, still looking for one that I can get in mint with all boxes for 1.8K, for that price I will buy immediately.

I can recommend them, fast, cheap, perfect quality.

Good job on finding one by the way, I had to get a different car for that box, it's bigger than the box of the X-Wing itself and it does not fit in the trunk of my car. Make sure you get it, because it is absolutely worth it!!! That square base is badass and really heavy, much better than the base the X-Wing came with. Also you do not need to get a custom made cover for it (so money saved haha).

Chris

LOL Chris I warned you about that base box!!!!!! I had to borrow a co workers minivan I could not get it in the trunk or past the doors!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is a LINK to some more pics of the room, but I made a lot of changes lately and still more to come, so those pics are not the latest status.

Chris

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion of a fair price for an EFX X-Wing with the limited base that was sold separately? Thinking of selling mine and was curious.

Thanks!