eFX: Ob-Wan Kenobi ANH Extreme Lightsaber Replica

Reaction score

Yea, that saber looks so ready...:wtf:

Looks ready to fall apart when you pick it up....

No need for one of these, I much prefer Yodas Graflex lightsabers over at the FX saber forums. I have one of his Graflex V ESB luke sabers and I love it.

But this also looks like a VERY early prototype so if and when it gets released it could be amazing.

Reaction score
I agree this is probably an early prototype with no crystal or light up functions but I still don't understand why eFX is acting so slow regarding reveals? As far as I remember, the ROTJ reveal was a financial success, they had no pb selling it out...

Reaction score
That could probably be put down as a design flaw on the replica; but it wasn't a quality control issue in the same context as the rest of the thread.
Yea, that was a design flaw. The Vader ROTS helmets had scratches all over the dame from the ROTS patch stitching on the felt bags. That would be a quality control issue, since the bags caused the problems like the Styrofoam streaks for the Legend helmets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I understand the original MR prototype helmet didnt have a pinch point it had straight mandibles. That's why in the pre-production pictures they look straight. When it was sent over to china they make a mistake in the manufacturing process and created the "pinch point". By the time MR received the helmets back from china they were running out of time because they lost the SW license and had to send them out while they still could. They had a hard deadline of when they had to stop shipping so there was no time to remake the helmets correctly. Check out the prototype pics on StarWarsHelmets.com at the bottom of the MR fett helmet pics you can see the original prototype pics. To me it's a QC issue because it could have and should have been corrected if it was caught in time. I know Shadow will disagree ;)

Reaction score
I know Shadow will disagree ;)
So what you are stating is MR had NO quality control in place during the manufacturing process and just shipped product no matter what it looked like at the time. I think that is much worse than just saying they messed up on the design of the replica. The Stormtrooper helmets were the ones that were cut off in production due to their loss of the Star Wars license and the shipping deadlines. The Fett helmets shipped before the Stormtrooper helmets.

Reaction score
I know a few people on here were associated with MR at the time and they might be able to clear it up. From what I remmber being told was the original prototypes that came back from the factory didnt have the pintch point. I assume MR approved the run, it's not like someone was in china representing MR overseeing the production. .. Received the order and saw they had a QC problem with it.. If you remmber the Fett helmet was the second to last helmet to ship.. It was in the begging of 2008, MR lost the license in 2007. That's why EFX finished the Stormtrooper order. There was no way for them to send the helmets back and get them fixed like the Vader.. it was either ship them out as is or loose ALOT of money. I personally don't think it was wrong of MR because most people are happy with their Fett helmets and the onces who aren't can fix them and its better then waiting and then just getting your money back. I think it's a great helmets but with a slight defect

Reaction score
I thought it was dead as well. I would take one for sure.Given the quick sell out of the rotj reveal I would have thought this to be a no brainer and be rushed into production.I still don't understand why they don't do blasters. Althought the MR's were fantastic I believe there is room for improvement on these. Like real blueing instead of powdercoat on the blasters.Look at the price increase in the in the collectors market for MR replicas I don't think price is a is issue anymore.
Obi would be fantastic.

Reaction score
I still don't understand why they don't do blasters.
International laws have all tightened on import/export of gun replicas and essentially governments look at blasters as guns. I've heard it stated just too many restrictions now for a licensed company to take the risk.

Reaction score
I thought this project was dead a long time ago. I heard they had issues with preventing the saber from falling apart when in reveal form (also the reason why the Starkiller also was cancelled). Its too bad since the Obi ANH is arguably one of MR's best sabers and the weathered was a work of art that they can improve now all the accurate parts have been revealed.

Reaction score
I thought this project was dead a long time ago. I heard they had issues with preventing the saber from falling apart when in reveal form (also the reason why the Starkiller also was cancelled). Its too bad since the Obi ANH is arguably one of MR's best sabers and the weathered was a work of art that they can improve now all the accurate parts have been revealed.
Looking at eFx's Luke Reveal, I am pretty sure they would deliver Obi ANH perfectly.. I just hope they will decide to bring it back to life.. It is such a shame eFx abandoned the project when Luke reveal was on the spot!

Reaction score
I would definitely like for eFx to move forward with this... I have been wanting to get this since it was first announced.

Reaction score
International laws have all tightened on import/export of gun replicas and essentially governments look at blasters as guns. I've heard it stated just too many restrictions now for a licensed company to take the risk.
I have heard this as well,yet we have airsoft replicas as well as toy guns by the millions coming out. I just haven't heard a reasonable explaination that makes sense.With all the new knowledge on the Han ANH the MR isn't completely accurate.

Reaction score
Since lightsabers look more like candle holders and not guns, this is even better news.. eFx should concentrate their efforts on new lightsabers and not blasters! :)

Reaction score
Well the new star wars movies will increase interest but also bring in new props (new saber designs and blasters) to the mix. Hopefully eFX follows through but they do seem to have alot on their plate.

Reaction score
I really hope eFx will first deliver us some promised treasures and then move on to new replicas.. I really want them to release the Obi and Vader reveals.. otherwise, the Luke reveal will be pretty pointless on its own :)

Reaction score
Ever since I first saw SW, yup, since then, I wanted to know what the insides of the saber looked like. The released deleted scene was awesome, but it didn't prompt me to buy the Luke Reveal. My concern was that if I bought one, I'd be on the hook for any and all future releases (nearly zero self-control here folks). Those future sabers wouldn't have had their OT guts shown, and since the deleted scene didn't show enough, it seemed like too much artistic liberty could be taken. Anyway, eFX did a great looking job, and I hope those who want more get it (following at least 2 years of SS). Here's to hoping a future on-screen hilt get split down the middle...I'd buy that.

Reaction score
I am sure the upcoming episodes will intentionally include all details for weaponry to create opportunities for companies like eFX.. but first eFX need to deliver the OT stuff in reveal.. I still don't understand why they abandoned the Obi project when they already had a nice looking prototype

Reaction score
they should AT LEAST make an official statement as to whether if they are doing it or cancelled it..

Reaction score
I thought they had years ago and that this one was well out. I didn't think there had been any official comment from them to counter that this is anything other than dead.

Reaction score
Makes you wonder why it still appears on the eFX website under 'In Development'.

I had also heard that they had ditched it - but if they ever get around to putting this one together then maybe it would be my first eFX collectible.

Reaction score
I see your point with the website but it's not particularly up to date as these things go. I'll believe it's coming when a statement is made.

Reaction score
I humbly believe, if you have a business, then your website should be up to date. There is nothing difficult about it.. I mean.. you just need to give your customers updated info as to what is being made and what is cancelled.. I see lack of professionalism here

Reaction score
What's even worse, MR always monitored this forum and immediately responded to any criticism and fixed things or at least promised to fix things and they did.. I don't believe someone from eFx is even reading this forum or RPF anymore.. they just stop by ONLY WHEN they need to make an announcement, which is only about a release happening soon.. so when they feel that they need to sell something and get our money, then we see the friendly faces of eFx employees here but not any other time

Reaction score
I hope eFX can make this project come true some day, along with some other sabers of course, Vaders immediately after Obi Wan.......

Reaction score
I would totally by this saber in a heartbeat and I do not own any other sabers. I have been wanting to get into the saber game for quite some time and would be ecstatic if this could be my first.

I dont understand, after having the experience of making the Luke reveal first, why they could not have learned enough lessons to bring this one to market... Even if it was going to cost a little more. I desperately would love to own this piece!!

If eFx can't bring us products like this to market, then maybe someone else should own the license that can. Disney are you listening???

Reaction score
I bet eFX will maybe read these latest comments and still not write a single statement for another 3 months.

Reaction score
I think there is also additional pent up demand for these types of sabers, knowing that eFx can not bring other weapons to market like the blasters do to legal restrictions.

Reaction score
I think there is also additional pent up demand for these types of sabers, knowing that eFx can not bring other weapons to market like the blasters do to legal restrictions.
Exactly.. you can ship a lightsaber replica to any country.. I still don't understand why eFx does not seize the opportunity and sell out on this item on the same day it is pre-ordered

Reaction score
From what I can recall, eFx never did give any concrete reasons as to why they were not bringing this saber to market, did they?

Or was it just deemed to difficult to manufacture?