eFX: Ob-Wan Kenobi ANH Extreme Lightsaber Replica

Reaction score
I seen that obi-saber at comic-con 2008. My opinion was it looked like a peice plastic. Bryan asked me what I thought and I said you want the truth or a lie. I have 7 Obi-won saber why would I want that one. It's not a movie prop it's EFX's over priced toy version. As for Bryan when it's time to charge more money for a pre-order, We will hear from him.
I viewed and photographed the exact same saber at Comic-Con 2008 and thought it looked great. We have different opinions and don't agree at all, which is fine. I would buy the Obi-reveal whether you liked it or not, I'm fairly sure others would also.

I also gather from your comments that you don't like the idea of reveal lightsabers, none of them will be true prop replicas because no one saw any of these sabers on screen with their innards revealed. Even the Luke ROTJ cut scene is just that; a cut scene that was never shown on the screen as part of the movie. The exterior of these sabers can for all intents and purposes be considered prop replicas because the exterior is a known item.

Why do you feel the need to personally insult Bryan with the last part of your post? What has he done to you to warrant that kind of comment? Lack of civility and rudeness are not good traits to sport in life. I wouldn't want to contribute to this forum either if all I could expect were unwarranted assaults on my character.

Reaction score
I viewed and photographed the exact same saber at Comic-Con 2008 and thought it looked great. We have different opinions and don't agree at all, which is fine. I would buy the Obi-reveal whether you liked it or not, I'm fairly sure others would also.

I also gather from your comments that you don't like the idea of reveal lightsabers, none of them will be true prop replicas because no one saw any of these sabers on screen with their innards revealed. Even the Luke ROTJ cut scene is just that; a cut scene that was never shown on the screen as part of the movie. The exterior of these sabers can for all intents and purposes be considered prop replicas because the exterior is a known item.

Why do you feel the need to personally insult Bryan with the last part of your post? What has he done to you to warrant that kind of comment? Lack of civility and rudeness are not good traits to sport in life. I wouldn't want to contribute to this forum either if all I could expect were unwarranted assaults on my character.

With all due respect Shadow, I don't think that Rain_Rebel was lacking civility nor being rude nor was his intention to come up with an insult when he posted his comments. If at all, he was just expressing his right to give an opinion. Yes, an opinion characterized by a certain undertone of frustration but nothing more.

One can clearly see Rain_Rebel's views greatly differ from yours however, that shouldn't be a factor to calibrate Rain_Rebel's words as uncivilized nor insulting. This was Rain_Rebel posting a negative comment about a company and its representative as a result of poor communication on Bryan's part. I'm sure if collectors were kept on the loop of things more often, there would be no room nor reason for negativity.

Difference of opinions are allowed in a system where freedom of speech exists. We shouldn't assume judging rolls without actually looking into the root/reason of a comment or problem. In this case, and as aforementioned, communication or lack thereof from the person representing the maker of this particular item being the reason why.

Just my opinion :)

Reaction score
With all due respect Shadow, I don't think that Rain_Rebel was lacking civility nor being rude nor was his intention to come up with an insult when he posted his comments. If at all, he was just expressing his right to give an opinion. Yes, an opinion characterized by a certain undertone of frustration but nothing more.
I'm all for free speech and expressing opinions, I'm now expressing mine. I do disagree with you on what is a personal insult though. I think the following comment crosses that line and was uncalled for in the context it was posted.

"As for Bryan when it's time to charge more money for a pre-order, We will hear from him."

Free speech also carries responsiblities; its not just a free license to insult individuals unjustly and be considered civil for doing so. I stand by my original post.

Reaction score
This thread got.... EXTREME!!!! :awesome: I haven't been paying attention to this thing, I thought it was dead. Free speech is not nearly as important as there actually being a chance of this bad boy getting made. It's my most wanted prop that eFx might actually make (dreams of a ROTJ Han Blaster, a DC-15, or a Bowcaster long passed).

Reaction score
Do not insult Bryan when you do not understand on what he has to present Lucasfilm and whether or not Lucasfilm can say yes or no. I also have to agree with the reveal just being a "toy" its a great product but I still do not feel that its a "prop" per say. Also, I like how MasterAbsinthe just talks, nothing more or less. He just agrees to disagrees and then disagrees to agree.

Reaction score
I'm all for free speech and expressing opinions, I'm now expressing mine. I do disagree with you on what is a personal insult though. I think the following comment crosses that line and was uncalled for in the context it was posted.

"As for Bryan when it's time to charge more money for a pre-order, We will hear from him."

Free speech also carries responsiblities; its not just a free license to insult individuals unjustly and be considered civil for doing so. I stand by my original post.
And I applaud you for being a person of convictions and standing by your original comments. That's the freedom we have allowing to differ and be individuals rather than cookie cutter followers of just one single point of view.

On the same token, I stand by my observations and believe there was no offense on what Rain_Rebel said.
I do see however, resentment from Rain_Rebel as a result of the lack of updates on this particular item. This has led to negative comments and frustration that fits the context of his posting. Many of us are aware of how companies (many times ) withhold details on a certain product until is time to charge for it or get it released. Gentle Giant comes to mind on this issue.

And, yes. Free speech carries responsibilities but What or Who sets these parameters? Once we begin to control free speech based solely in other person's opinion we begin to risk that same freedom, by falling into individual thought control.

I believe none of us (unless you do ) know Bryan on a daily personal basis. My point being that, as unfair as it might had seemed to you Rain_Rebel's comments, yours could have the same impact on Rain_Rebel and others and be viewed as parting sides with Bryan. Let me just say, I stand my neither one.

I do not believe in " If you are not with me, you are my enemy" idiosyncrasy and I'm merely reading yours and Rain_Rebel's postings in a positive, constructive way. I feel though, that the same right you have to be protective of Bryan, that same right Rain_Rebel has to feel the opposite way without feeling uneasy about each other :)

Reaction score
i would buy the kenobi reveal in a heart beat! not as an exact replica but as a really nice "rendition" or "interpretation." What about the awesome MR kenobi As First Built By? I wish i had bought that. The same would go for a stormtrooper helmet if one day someone licensed by LFL made one with the interior just like the "blue prints" with all the wires, electronics, etc. not actually movie accurate but i would want

Of course, i would rather have a kenobi hilt made from all, or as much as possible, of the original parts.

When I met Bryan at CV and asked about the Kenobi reveal he said that, as stated by others on this thread, they had problems with making it. too many delicate pieces and cost was running high, logistics, etc. They are gonna wait and see if something can be done with it, just not now (2010). all of you who reach out to efx know Bryan responds, and does so in a timely manner, usually. I had a small issue with the base of one of my helmets and called about it recently. It was the only time they told me to reach out to them later as currently they are really busy. all the other times i've called to bug them, they helped. i dunno, i only speak from my experience with the eFX guys. They have definitely proved to be considerate to us collectors and scummers. They are trying to make some money and make us happy. It aint always easy.

;)

i know, blah, blah, blah, 2 cents,...opinion...etc.

Reaction score
Do not insult Bryan when you do not understand on what he has to present Lucasfilm and whether or not Lucasfilm can say yes or no. I also have to agree with the reveal just being a "toy" its a great product but I still do not feel that its a "prop" per say. Also, I like how MasterAbsinthe just talks, nothing more or less. He just agrees to disagrees and then disagrees to agree.
That is ALL so true! ;)

Reaction score
with all these communication issues, I wonder can Bryan consider doing a 'once in a month' ASK EFX day on Rebelscum where he can answer all questions let's say in 1 hour.. I know he does this once in a while, but if it has a fixed date/period, then people will be more relaxed.. e.g. every 3rd friday of a month, between 09:00 pm and 11:00pm there is the EFX Q&A session... this way, I do not think there will be any problems.. and this would also be good for EFX in terms of customer service and reputation.. I never doubted Bryan's good intentions... I am amazed how quickly people forgot about ICONS before criticizing EFX... Bryan is a man of his word.. he DELIVERS at the end.. the only problem here is the 'temporality' of the communication

Reaction score
with all these communication issues, I wonder can Bryan consider doing a 'once in a month' ASK EFX day on Rebelscum where he can answer all questions let's say in 1 hour.. I know he does this once in a while, but if it has a fixed date/period, then people will be more relaxed.. e.g. every 3rd friday of a month, between 09:00 pm and 11:00pm there is the EFX Q&A session... this way, I do not think there will be any problems.. and this would also be good for EFX in terms of customer service and reputation.. I never doubted Bryan's good intentions... I am amazed how quickly people forgot about ICONS before criticizing EFX... Bryan is a man of his word.. he DELIVERS at the end.. the only problem here is the 'temporality' of the communication
I thought the thread "ask Bryan" was going to be this way. I agree with what you are saying. For one thing, I would rather have the the truth ( sooner , later or way late) about a delivery time than nothing. Also it would give insight to future products. We waited a year for the Luke....It would have been easier if we were told prepay now delivery in a year instead of having to shell out the dough during the holidays. I'm ok with the saber but it would be very nice to get more updates. I don't think Bryan is obligated to do this in anyway, but it would be a bonus for us and I would say it would increase sales of an item the have for sale............pre paying keeps the company rolling and the edition number low so I'm cool with that, perhaps I am spoiled about upadates but I would like to have more. Overall I am happy with EFX on the luke saber and I am in for any more reveals the choose to make.

Reaction score
EFX Obi Extreme Ed. Lsb Question

I am asking this because I have no idea whether if I missed some sort of official information but I was wondering, has EFX ever officially announced that they decided to cancel the plans for the Obi Extreme Ed. lsb?

Reaction score
yes but did they ever make an official announcement of a cancellation? that thread is all about "lack of communication" and then it ends :\

Reaction score
I had the Luke Reveal. Even though it was really cool, I just found it to be more on the toy/gimmicky side, so I unloaded it. With MR Obi ANH LE being $1000+ now, it's way out of my price range to get it back in the collection. If eFX does release an Obi Reveal, I WILL get it - especially if its weathered.

Reaction score
I had the Luke Reveal. Even though it was really cool, I just found it to be more on the toy/gimmicky side, so I unloaded it. With MR Obi ANH LE being $1000+ now, it's way out of my price range to get it back in the collection. If eFX does release an Obi Reveal, I WILL get it - especially if its weathered.
I want the Obi reveal, but only if it is weathered or I won't bother. I have the weathered MR Obi and would like to display them together.

Reaction score
I want the Obi reveal, but only if it is weathered or I won't bother. I have the weathered MR Obi and would like to display them together.
I agree 100%. Weathered would be THE ONLY way to go on this. No more AFBB editions please. I'm really kicking myself for letting my MR LE go. It was my favorite saber, and from the looks of it, there's absolutely no way I'll be able to get it back - short of winning the lottery, unless eFX does a version of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - letting go of my collection was THE biggest mistake I've made, as I'm finding out now.

Reaction score
$1000? I wish. Quick glance at ebay sold items & it appears a lot of them were going for under $500 this summer, which makes it about as cheap as I've ever seen it.

Reaction score
$1000? I wish. Quick glance at ebay sold items & it appears a lot of them were going for under $500 this summer, which makes it about as cheap as I've ever seen it.
Obi ANH Weathered is definitely below $500.. I even saw one get sold for $350 in the last 6 months (ebay co uk)

EFX needs to make a decision now.... the REVEAL line is a good opportunity to promote the company and get the fans back in the groove.. I own the Luke reveal, and even though I can see why people consider it more of a toy rather than a replica, when the replica is in closed position it is as good a replica as any other out there (except for the shape of the arrows) I am still hopeful for the Obi Reveal.. EFX really needs to make a move and they need to make it NOW :)

Reaction score
Which serves as an alternate reminder that even the most highly prized items don't hold their value over the long haul for those worried about the long term investment in their collection. You really need to collect just to collect if you don't want to depress yourself.

Reaction score
I spoke to Bryan and he said they're still working on it, engineering wise. It's not officially dead.....yet!

Reaction score
So there IS hope I can get this back? YES! I would gladly pay $350 for this!!!! I just assumed they were going for $1000+. The last time I checked, they were going for around $800. A week or so ago I went through every page of the RS classifiieds to see what has been popping up and at what price stuff has been going for and I could've sworn I saw an Obi ANH LE listed at $1400 and marked as sold.

Reaction score
Which serves as an alternate reminder that even the most highly prized items don't hold their value over the long haul for those worried about the long term investment in their collection. You really need to collect just to collect if you don't want to depress yourself.
You mean to tell me the millions and millions of Star Wars collectors aren't interested in Obi-Wan's iconic saber from ANH? Oh well he was just a minor character after all.

Reaction score
You mean to tell me the millions and millions of Star Wars collectors aren't interested in Obi-Wan's iconic saber from ANH? Oh well he was just a minor character after all.
In the original context my post was written in, the MR Obi-Wan ANH LE saber has dropped in value from thousands to around $350. Since there were only 2500 of these sabers made it would not be possible for "millions" of Star Wars collectors to own one, and those who do want one aren't that interested in paying much to get one anymore when they are available. This does reflect a general lack of interest, so I may have missed your point.

Reaction score
I hope for an Obi reveal as well. Sold my MR AFBB and ANH LE years ago and made good money but it would be nice to have this saber back in the fold. I have the Luke reveal and love it. Only thing that bothers me a little about it is that it has that slight bend when it is fully open. Maybe the Obi reveal can improve on that.

Reaction score
Perfect Point!!! I NEVER bought any item for investment value. We collect because we love Star Wars and we are keeping the child inside alive... Plain and simple as that!

Reaction score
Yep, absolutely true. I missed out on grabbing one too and I'm kicking myself now. I remember when there were multiple sellers on eBay and it could be had for $399 MISB at one point lol. I'm the sort of collector companies like eFX love because I would happily purchase reveal versions of virtually any canon saber, everything OT and my favorite PO and EU pieces. I would looooooove if they came out with an ANH cutaway saber. I freaking love that concept. EDIT: Cutaway must replicate what's in the visual guide of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, absolutely true. I missed out on grabbing one too and I'm kicking myself now. I remember when there were multiple sellers on eBay and it could be had for $399 MISB at one point lol. I'm the sort of collector companies like eFX love because I would happily purchase reveal versions of virtually any canon saber, everything OT and my favorite PO and EU pieces. I would looooooove if they came out with an ANH cutaway saber. I freaking love that concept. EDIT: Cutaway must replicate what's in the visual guide of course.
I think the construction of ROTJ Luke is more similar to ANH Kenobi so regarding ANH Luke, we are a looooooong way from there... I don't expect to hear any news about it before 2015; considering if it will ever happen..

Reaction score
I think the construction of ROTJ Luke is more similar to ANH Kenobi so regarding ANH Luke, we are a looooooong way from there... I don't expect to hear any news about it before 2015; considering if it will ever happen..
2015 is fine by me, there are/will be many other pieces I'd like to add to my growing collection between now and then haha. However, there was a prototype of the ANH Luke Reveal shown at SDCC 2012 Link: Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012 Unlike the Extreme Obi shown back in '08 that Luke appears to be made with metal parts so at least it's beyond concept.

Reaction score
2015 is fine by me, there are/will be many other pieces I'd like to add to my growing collection between now and then haha. However, there was a prototype of the ANH Luke Reveal shown at SDCC 2012 Link: Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012 Unlike the Extreme Obi shown back in '08 that Luke appears to be made with metal parts so at least it's beyond concept.
wow.. I totally forgot about this one.. thanks for reminding. This changes everything.. Luke ANH might even appear sooner than Obi ANH however, be it 2015 or later, we are not sure whether if EFX will be able to/want to hold on to their Lucas License.. that is a totally different discussion I guess...

Reaction score
Lol yeah it does look it's barely keeping itself together. The details are all there though, how they're going to make it slide open smoothly and look good when fully displayed is another story.

Last edited: