EFX Millennium Falcon

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the OT and Solo Millennium Falcon models that Gentle Giant were showcasing at SDCC this year?

I wonder if the Solo version's escape pod can be displayed separately. Could be a good replacement for those who missed out on, or were unhappy with their EFX version. Thoughts?

First impressions are pretty good, but I'm looking forward to seeing a painted version.
Did they mention a scale for those?
Chris

Reaction score
No information available, it's literally just what i read on the RS coverage of the Gentle Giant booth at SCSS. DSTChuckPadewan on the GG forums, (who I think represents GG) said that GG know nothing of these.

If they're on display to showcase their scanning business, then I'd guess that these are probably scans of the Bandai Falcon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ford does a signing mid of December where I also will get 2 signatures from him.
Maybe the signed Falcons will be part of the signing he does and you will have him in hand in January.
I already had the Falcon but I will get a plaque for it as well. I already have Billy D. Williams, only one missing is like yours Mayhew. :/

Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing photos of your signed plaques.

I emailed EFX last week to see what was happening with their signature Falcon. No answer.

Reaction score
So I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up a MR limited edition falcon and holy crap this thing is awesome! I couldn't be happier. Anyway, I had to break out the EFX version for comparison and it turns out... it actually holds its own. The MR falcon is more detailed and refined, of course. However, for the size difference, I think EFX did a surprisingly decent job. The biggest "cons" that stand out on the EFX version are that the panels/pieces seem almost over-detailed (like a picture that's been "sharpened" too much) and the colors feel a little too bright (Mine has some funky pinkish paint in areas where it seems out of place). I don't know enough about the accuracy of these models to comment on that but, overall, I was pleased with the EFX version upon looking at these two models side by side. Just wanted to throw in my two cents. If anyone would like more pictures please just let me know. Btw, in order, pics are EFX, MR, EFX, MR, aerial of both (in case you couldn't tell ) Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
EFX falcon looks great especially if you don't want to pay MR prices or if you have limited space.. Looks awesome with a custom acrylic case / cover.
Size and space were my consideration ONLY. The MR Falcon is beautiful but it simply fills a room in a challenging amount of space. Pair that with an AT-AT and in acrylic cases and covers and BINGO all your room is gone lol.

GC

Reaction score
I also noticed that the eFX is very well done. I had the direct comparison with the MR Falcon and a DeAgostini Falcon with all upgrades available and painted just like the ILM version. Of course the DA Falcon looked the best (by far) but also is the most expensive one with a complete finished Death Star base + a X-Wing next to him.
Between the MR and eFX I had the feeling (ignoring the fact that none of them is accurate) that the colours on the eFX are better and I like that it is DieCast. The MR has the advantage of his size and that it already is a grail for most SW collectors. On the other hand I think the MR Falcon is too space consuming for a good display, unless you put him on a pedestal in the mid of a room so he has space on its own.

The last items-receive-date for the signing of Ford is the 10th of December, I assume eFX will be there as well and as soon as I got my plaques back after the authentification by Beckett all collectors that ordered the SE Edition will get theirs as well. I heard that it took them 2 years (from KLF site) to finally get another official signing with Ford, so this really is something special (a signature on an item like the base of the SE Falcon = 1475 USD). ONLY in case the SE Falcons do not ship after that signing I REALLY have my doubts those will be send out soon... ever.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos of the two of them side by side. I have the MR Falcon, but no room to display it. The EFX version is a good size to display and although it has received some criticism, I really like mine.

Goldcylon, I sent EFX an email a few weeks ago asking for an update, but they didn't get back to me.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos of the two of them side by side. I have the MR Falcon, but no room to display it. The EFX version is a good size to display and although it has received some criticism, I really like mine.

Goldcylon, I sent EFX an email a few weeks ago asking for an update, but they didn't get back to me.
I like mine as well but good grief they already had the model, Chewy''s passing may have caused a small stumble but wow really ???

Reaction score
Size and space were my consideration ONLY. The MR Falcon is beautiful but it simply fills a room in a challenging amount of space. Pair that with an AT-AT and in acrylic cases and covers and BINGO all your room is gone lol.

GC
#TRUTH Love the studio scale prop replicas but haven't had any space to display before. They all sat in my storage room for years. My MR Falcon sat in the box for more than 10 years! We were very lucky and moved into our forever house two years ago. It has a bonus room that has finally freed a few of my replicas. They can finally breathe...sort of. They're displayed a little closer than I'd like but yeah, first world problems. The falcon's footprint is huge. I had to buy a small dining table to display it.

3.jpg

Reaction score
The last items-receive-date for the signing of Ford is the 10th of December, I assume eFX will be there as well and as soon as I got my plaques back after the authentification by Beckett all collectors that ordered the SE Edition will get theirs as well. I heard that it took them 2 years (from KLF site) to finally get another official signing with Ford, so this really is something special (a signature on an item like the base of the SE Falcon = 1475 USD). ONLY in case the SE Falcons do not ship after that signing I REALLY have my doubts those will be send out soon... ever.

Chris
Ford did a send in signing this time last year with the same companies, KLF & Coolwaters, which I presumed efx would have got the plaques signed at? I thought I’d read at the beginning of 2019 they had Ford’s sig and we’re just waiting on Mayhew.
No idea what they’ve done since the sad passing of Peter?