EFX Millennium Falcon

Reaction score
A moot point now, I’m afraid.

I’m not sure how I feel about a printed signature, though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't know why they couldn't arrange to have them signed while they were both at celebration? It's only 25 plaques plus about 7 APs.
Correct everything is assumptions at this point.... maybe they were signed ...... the communications from EFX continue to be not so stellar.

Reaction score
The last info on the eFX site from the 29.03.2019 was that Ford and Williams did sign and they are waiting for the last signature of Mayhew and then the Falcons will be sent.
But that info was taken down from their site.
Chris

Reaction score
I've sent them a message so I'm hoping that they'll get back to me in a couple of days.

Reaction score
I received this message a few weeks ago.

We are working with Lucasfilm and Peter’s family on how to resolve this unfortunate situation

We will get back you shortly, but as you probably know, we are waiting a little to give the family some time

Thanks for your understanding!

Reaction score
I received this message a few weeks ago.

We are working with Lucasfilm and Peter’s family on how to resolve this unfortunate situation

We will get back you shortly, but as you probably know, we are waiting a little to give the family some time

Thanks for your understanding!
Regal Robot managed to get a resolution a few weeks ago for their SE Chewbacca bust which was supposed to be signed by Peter - the plaque will now be signed by Angie Mayhew, and there will be a signed tribute letter from Marlk Hamill.

It will be interesting to hear how and when EFX resolve this.

Reaction score
Thanks, I will get the Ford signature too end of the year, so it will basically be the same as the eFX Signature series (but much cheaper) just missing the Mayhew signature, like eFX I was too late for that one.

Still no sign of eFX what they will do for those that ordered the Sig Edition? I would at least offer a discount for those that ordered.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks, I will get the Ford signature too end of the year, so it will basically be the same as the eFX Signature series (but much cheaper) just missing the Mayhew signature, like eFX I was too late for that one.

Still no sign of eFX what they will do for those that ordered the Sig Edition? I would at least offer a discount for those that ordered.

Chris

Good question Chris. They might go with the Master Replicas printed plate route like they did with the Enterprise or the spouse signature route for the Wookie mask or ? Discount not sure on that one...

Last edited:
Reaction score

Chris
Hi Chris,
the Ford signature is from EFX ? Or Ford is doing a signing ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Ford doing a signing. It will be pricy for his sig, but I need 2 unfortunately. One for the eFX Falcon and one for my Elite Edition Blaster.
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ford doing a signing. It will be pricy for his sig, but I need 2 unfortunately. One for the eFX Falcon and one for my Elite Edition Blaster.
Chris
What's pricey? I'm not an autograph collector type. I only have Ray Park's autograph and that was $60. Coolest guy you'll ever meet by the way.

Reaction score
Ford signature will typically set you back 700-1000. So yeah, pricey. The last autograph session with Coolwaters autographs was charging around 1000. When Official Pix last did a signing it was back in 2016 and a signature cost 700.

Reaction score
Ford signature will typically set you back 700-1000. So yeah, pricey. The last autograph session with Coolwaters autographs was charging around 1000. When Official Pix last did a signing it was back in 2016 and a signature cost 700.
Holy highway robbery Batman! All kidding aside, that's an eye-opener. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Thanks refugee. That kind of makes my $3k purchase of the signature edition somewhat easier to sell to the missus.

I hope they decide soon what they intend to do.

Perhaps Nien Numb’s signature to keep the whole triptych thing going.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And I need 2 plaques signed by Ford LOOOOL
I hoped that I would have that qMX Falcon in hand before the signing but that was just whishful thinking. I am not even sure that one will hit the market EVER, so it would be too risky to get a plaque signed for it. So for now just the Elite Blaster and the eFX Falcon.
Chris

Reaction score
And I need 2 plaques signed by Ford LOOOOL
I hoped that I would have that qMX Falcon in hand before the signing but that was just whishful thinking. I am not even sure that one will hit the market EVER, so it would be too risky to get a plaque signed for it. So for now just the Elite Blaster and the eFX Falcon.
Chris
QMX is officially out of the Studio Scale business, their QMX cutaway Falcon is a dead project now.

Reaction score
That's a shame as i loved QMX's work and really wanted to see this Falcon model become a reality.

I can understand why they'd want to get out, though. Studio Scale models are a huge risk if they don't sell.

Has Anavos also stopped producing their Star Trek SS models as well?

Reaction score
That's a shame as i loved QMX's work and really wanted to see this Falcon model become a reality.

I can understand why they'd want to get out, though. Studio Scale models are a huge risk if they don't sell.

Has Anavos also stopped producing their Star Trek SS models as well?

Same here, I have a QMX Viper and I wish they had continued to do studio scale stuff. On the EFX falcon, I just cannot see spending that much money for a sub par product. I wanted it until I saw it. Since there is a lack of SS, I have started building my own stuff and the latest one I have is Alfred Wongs Y-wing which Sith planet casted. It is huge and was a very easy build.

Reaction score
Same here, I have a QMX Viper and I wish they had continued to do studio scale stuff. On the EFX falcon, I just cannot see spending that much money for a sub par product. I wanted it until I saw it. Since there is a lack of SS, I have started building my own stuff and the latest one I have is Alfred Wongs Y-wing which Sith planet casted. It is huge and was a very easy build.
Here's an amazing option; the Bandai Ep IV Perfect Grade. I had the MR since launch, but after getting this back from being painted I sold the MR because it looked like a sloppily painted toy in comparison. Nothing in 40 years of Falcon collecting has ever come close - truly jaw-dropping level of accuracy and detail.

Reaction score
I have one of these, but need to get a professional model maker on the case. :)

Did you add any supplement your build with any 3d printed parts?

Reaction score
I have one of these, but need to get a professional model maker on the case. :)

Did you add any supplement your build with any 3d printed parts?

No. I did see there was ones available, but I didn't bother (I didn't even hook-up the lights - tried them but knew I would never use them :))

All up, including a custom acrylic case, painting, etc - I spent just under $1500.

But even if you spent up $2500 it would still be a bargain compared to anything that's ever been released.

My advice; spend whatever money it takes to get it done, you won't regret it - it's a masterpiece!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am looking for one of these, either Starbuck or Adama Edition) ;)
Chris

Reaction score
I am looking for one of these, either Starbuck or Adama Edition) ;)
Chris
fyi- If you come across one you may be able to negotiate a little bit if they do not have the upgraded cockpit canopy. It was released with a vacuform (ugly) and then they sent out a really nice one. They have skyrocketed in price on eBay and I think the last one went for over $5000.

Reaction score
fyi- If you come across one you may be able to negotiate a little bit if they do not have the upgraded cockpit canopy. It was released with a vacuform (ugly) and then they sent out a really nice one. They have skyrocketed in price on eBay and I think the last one went for over $5000.
Last year I missed one on Ebay UK. Went for a bit more than 1000 GBP, I did not know the prices so I ended as second high bid :/ Otherwise I would have payed more, but no way I would pay 5K ^^
Chris

Reaction score
I regret not getting the Viper and the Chronicles Collectibles Buck Rogers Thunderfighter.

Too rigid on my focus. :)

Reaction score
QMX is officially out of the Studio Scale business, their QMX cutaway Falcon is a dead project now.
It’s a niche high roller market and somewhat unaffordable for the basic collector . It’s sad to see that but true. However top quality kit !

Last edited:
Reaction score
I regret not getting the Viper and the Chronicles Collectibles Buck Rogers Thunderfighter.

I forgot about that Thunderfighter, also a very nice collectible.
But this time I am in for HCG's Alien ships.
Chris

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the OT and Solo Millennium Falcon models that Gentle Giant were showcasing at SDCC this year?

I wonder if the Solo version's escape pod can be displayed separately. Could be a good replacement for those who missed out on, or were unhappy with their EFX version. Thoughts?

First impressions are pretty good, but I'm looking forward to seeing a painted version.

Reaction score

Apologies for the off topic post but I've never heard of the Chronicles Collectibles Buck Rogers Thunderfighter so I decided to look it up. OMG! I can't believe I missed it! It looks AMAZING and at 22" long, it would've fit nicely among my studio scale collection. I LOVED the show growing up but I have a feeling locating one for sale will be tough. :'(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apologies for the off topic post but I've never heard of the Chronicles Collectibles Buck Rogers Thunderfighter so I decided to look it up. OMG! I can't believe I missed it! It looks AMAZING and at 22" long, it would've fit nicely among my studio scale collection. I LOVED the show growing up but I have a feeling locating one for sale will be tough. :'(

To be honest I had to look it up as I had never heard of it either. I would have loved to have owned it as well but it must have been a best kept secret. GC