EFX Millennium Falcon

Reaction score
I couldn't find a separate thread for this, but it looks like the preorder goes up tomorrow!!

• Pre-orders start Wednesday, August 31, 2016
  • 2 Payment Options to place your pre-order: Full Payment* ($599) or Deposit ($200)* Benefits of the Full payment option: Receive your model first, free Ground shipping to US addresses in the 48 continental states (Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, US territories and International customers receive a $25 credit toward the shipping/handling costs)* Note: Both Full Payment and Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE upon placing your pre-order
  • High quality Die Cast and ABS plastic construction.
  • Approximate 1:100 Scale
  • Lighting effects for the cockpit, headlights & engines
  • EFX Display Base with mirror bottom to see all of the incredible detail on the bottom!
  • Certificate of Authenticity/Prop Story

https://www.efxcollectibles.com/collections/star-wars/products/millennium-falcon

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, based on what EFX has said previously about new preorders, this means my Scout Trooper helmet will be delivered tomorrow, right?

Or...?

Reaction score
I've been following this product for quite some time. It's nice to see that they are making headway. I also noticed that they opted for the cheaper base rather than a scenic one....although the one that they did choose looked like a POS, quite literally. The mirror base is perfectly fine in my books as it shows the bottom details too. My only reservation about this is their notorious delays in releasing products.

Now that QmX displayed one that they intend on producing, I'm on the fence about waiting to hear about that one (the cutaway features are really neat) in more detail as far as production goes or snag one of these up.

Reaction score
Well, knock me down with a spade! If they manage to get this out in a timely manner it will restore a LOT of much-needed faith.

Good luck eFX - I sincerely hope you can do it.

Reaction score
How is it lighted? Batteries? Plug?

"EFX Display Base with mirror bottom to see all of the incredible detail on the bottom!" But we're not shown even one picture of the bottom.

I'm not yet sold either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing about the dimensions and sh*tty photos. I'm not sold.
These forums are filled with good images of this model going back literally years. The size of it can easily be discerned by many of those images as well.

These were all shot in July at SDCC.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do recall seeing these photos & they are very nice & vivid. I guess that I'm just a little bit disappointed that they didn't take better photos of their own product when they posted it onto the website...especially since they are putting it up for pre-order. I've worked in the product development / website design / photo taking industry & one thing is for certain...and this goes for across all things...presentation is EVERYTHING!!! If I were the photographer there @ EFX, I would've been taking better HR pics of the details such as the more notable areas of the ship...the radar dish & blaster holes behind it, the cockpit, engine vents, and some really close ones of the sides showing off all of that intricate detail work they've done.

It's a marvelous ship & the craftsmanship ranks right up there as far as I can tell. I'd love to own this piece don't get me wrong but am anxious to see what QmX has in store for their version. Unfortunately, my budget can only go so far and I also have to take into consideration if QmX's version is more expensive in which might make the decision extremely easy for me to make...but if its similar in price...then it's going to be a tough call for me to make.

Reaction score
When I emailed Bryan about the dimensions a couple of months ago he said it was about 13 inches long. So quite small in comparison to the MR version. Although it would definitely take up less space, I think it's a little too small for my liking. And the fact that it doesn't even appear to be limited edition, doesn't really gauge my interest either.

Reaction score
My background is advertising product still life photography, but these are shot quickly as part of my Star Wars collecting hobby and not as my job. I agree presentation is everything.

Reaction score
When I emailed Bryan about the dimensions a couple of months ago he said it was about 13 inches long. So quite small in comparison to the MR version. Although it would definitely take up less space, I think it's a little too small for my liking. And the fact that it doesn't even appear to be limited edition, doesn't really gauge my interest either.
This model does not hold a candle in comparison to the MR Falcon in either size or detail, however it is only a fraction of both the size and price. It makes for a good desktop display for many.

Reaction score
Don't have to think about it twice. Ordered.

Got to to say that I'm not a fan of their web site as every time I try to log in, I have to re-register. This happens each and every time. Still, looking forward to receiving this. Even if i do have to wait a little.

Reaction score
FYI:

Subtotal
$599.00
Shipping
$0.00
CA State Tax
$53.91
Los Angeles County Tax
$53.91
Los Angeles Municipal Tax
$53.91
Total
$760.73 USD

Reaction score
So, based on what EFX has said previously about new preorders, this means my Scout Trooper helmet will be delivered tomorrow, right?

Or...?
The Scout hit a tree so is in hospital now, more delays, sorry.:p

How is it lighted? Batteries? Plug?

"EFX Display Base with mirror bottom to see all of the incredible detail on the bottom!" But we're not shown even one picture of the bottom.
It's using the Force :grin:

Yeah I had to pull the trigger as well. But really, $160 in taxes?!
You are getting international price for it...

Reaction score
Did anybody that order get a error message?
Second time it worked for me..
I hope I didn't pre order 2 of them.
Sent customer service a email asking for clarification..
Hopefully they respond :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I do recall seeing these photos & they are very nice & vivid. I guess that I'm just a little bit disappointed that they didn't take better photos of their own product when they posted it onto the website...especially since they are putting it up for pre-order. I've worked in the product development / website design / photo taking industry & one thing is for certain...and this goes for across all things...presentation is EVERYTHING!!! If I were the photographer there @ EFX, I would've been taking better HR pics of the details such as the more notable areas of the ship...the radar dish & blaster holes behind it, the cockpit, engine vents, and some really close ones of the sides showing off all of that intricate detail work they've done.

It's a marvelous ship & the craftsmanship ranks right up there as far as I can tell. I'd love to own this piece don't get me wrong but am anxious to see what QmX has in store for their version. Unfortunately, my budget can only go so far and I also have to take into consideration if QmX's version is more expensive in which might make the decision extremely easy for me to make...but if its similar in price...then it's going to be a tough call for me to make.
at Comic Con the QMX people said the falcon would not be ready until the next Comic Con ( so Sept 2017) . If it even sees the light of day I would be surprised so you might want to grab this one.

Reaction score
FYI:

Subtotal$599.00
Shipping$0.00
CA State Tax$53.91
Los Angeles County Tax$53.91
Los Angeles Municipal Tax$53.91
Total$760.73 USD

Can't order from another vendor that deals with efx? Also a little dubious that all three tax rates are identical, seems like an error.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Or...?
THIS!

- I think that tax thing is also a glitch where it's charging it three times in error.
- I too am wondering why there aren't any quality pictures of the actual Falcon and mirrored base in their site. The only picture they have on their site of the Falcon and the base looks distorted/photoshopped and not of the actual product. The picture is a joke. As others have mentioned, presentation is everything.

- I'm going to hold off on ordering right now 1) based on the tax glitch 2) because of their historical product delivery times, and 3) mostly because they said that they wouldn't take any preorders on new products until the Biker Scout Helmet started shipping. Really eFX?

Last edited:
Reaction score
at Comic Con the QMX people said the falcon would not be ready until the next Comic Con ( so Sept 2017) . If it even sees the light of day I would be surprised so you might want to grab this one.
After waiting for years, I think I can wait a little longer for a new offering from a different vendor that shows promise. Nothing against this offering at all, just looking at all the choices.

Reaction score
Through conversations I've had, I think Bryan does the product shots himself. He has a photography hobby as well with some serious pro gear.

Reaction score
Until I get my Biker Scout Helmet, EFX isn't directly getting another penny from me! BBTS has this up for preorder now, no taxes and no money down. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Update: BBTS DOES require a $150 non-refundable deposit! That sucks.
2nd Update: Razors Edge, $50 deposit, no taxes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure I understand EFX's business model, but if they are reserving the right to keep your money if there isn't enough interest (preorders) then I'll have to pass. They should be willing to refund the money if for whatever reason they don't go to production. When they start shipping the product, I'll think about giving them my money.

Reaction score
An NRD is standard practice now with many vendors. It never means you don't get refunded if the vendor cancels the product. It means you lose the deposit if you cancel the order yourself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What email did you get a hold of him through? Ive tried CustomerService@efxcollectibles.com and bryan@efxcollectibles.com for months (actually years) with no luck.

Reaction score
I emailed the customer service website and got a reply from the Bryan one. Sent the email July 12th and got reply the same day.

Reaction score
Until I get my Biker Scout Helmet, EFX isn't directly getting another penny from me! BBTS has this up for preorder now, no taxes and no money down. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Update: BBTS DOES require a $150 non-refundable deposit! That sucks.
2nd Update: Razors Edge, $50 deposit, no taxes.
I was just about to mention this too but I wasn't aware of the non-refundable deposit at BBTS.

An NRD is standard practice now with many vendors. It never means you don't get refunded if the vendor cancels the product. It means you lose the deposit if you cancel the order yourself.
A little off-topic, but I just preordered the Aliens Levitating Dropship from BBTS with no deposit required. And no tax!

Reaction score
Amounts to the same thing if the product is not "officially" canceled but never produced/shipped.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
BBTS?
I'm a big aliens fan..
Email Link please ...

If your a fan of aliens..
You might want to check out ..
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/home.php?cat=273
Sorry for the off-topic post everyone but here you go Imperial. Maybe this will be helpful info for other fellow scummers who love Aliens. I think the dropship looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the HCG link.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KLG10090&mode=retail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHTUfbdz04&feature=youtu.be

Reaction score
Not interested in swinging this thread into a discussion of the Scouts, but, with an expected delivery of November/December 2016, I wonder if this will ship before the Scout helmets do, too. Wouldn't be thrilled about that, mostly since it seems like the company can really only handle doing one thing at a time.

On topic, is the roughly 13" size of this thing similar to the QMX one? Don't remember seeing dimensions of that, only the Con images where it looked pretty close.

edit: never mind, I see the answer has been given this very morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do yourselves a favor and dont buy anything from eFX. They are not capable. Year after year they show stuff at sdcc that never gets made.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk