EFX Millennium Falcon Diecast Replica

Reaction score
EFX just is happy with the bare minimum. It is embarrassing they left Peter Mayhew blank and sent out a photocopy piece of paper with no real signatures. Just another example of EFX doing the very least they can. I would be livid at the $3,000 price point. At least MR got the signatures right.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 7.16.05 AM.png

Reaction score
Ya I'm not happy. I received my plaque and its not even finished... It's missing the black in the engraving so it barely shows up when displayed. I have contacted EFX about it but I doubt I'll even get a response. Also they sent the funds that were going to Mayhew to his foundation but they still took all their profit from his signature we paid for and we end with nothing but a photocopied piece of paper?? These could have turned out great if handled properly.

Attachments

Reaction score
They should offered an alternative .. Maybe get the new guy who is playing Chewbacca sign it?
Or even a digital signature?
Or even a RIP message ?

All this options would been better than leaving blank..
Money grab for EFX.. No effort to fix it .

Reaction score
I might (can't stress that enough) have someone put something in the spot. I'm coming up with a list of things that would look good there. But then again it may just be too much trouble.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They should offered an alternative .. Maybe get the new guy who is playing Chewbacca sign it?
Or even a digital signature?
Or even a RIP message ?

All this options would been better than leaving blank..
Money grab for EFX.. No effort to fix it .
For the blank Mayhew spot, you could probably find one of those autographed Topps trading cards that's signed on a sticker. Carefully peel the sticker off the card then glue it on the blank spot on the plaque. Just a thought.

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe they left the signature field completely blank. :eek:
When those 25 went up for 3K I almost bought it, I am so happy I did not and decided to go the other way with getting the signatures separately in MR style on metal plaques, although I also was too late for Mayhew unfortunately. I payed 500 Euro for the Falcon (including shipping and custom fees) + 200 Euro for the Williams signature (including plaque, strand, COA, photo of the signing and shipping) + 1400 Euro for the Ford signature (including plaque, strand, COA, photo of the signing and shipping). Makes a total of 2.100 Euro and I am very happy.
It is just my opinion, but this plaque from eFX just looks incomplete to me now, at least they could have added a printed signature + a R.I.P. note next to it. Lazy job!
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not too bothered about the 3rd signature, but I would’ve liked to have seen R.I.P. on Peter Mayhew’s part of the plaque as a sign of respect.

Additional signatures would be an additional cost to EFX and the plaques would be Impossible to change as HF and BDW have already signed. Any other actor would’ve been disrespectful. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I think EFX did the right thing.

I am disappointed with the QC issue on superironbat’s one. Those plaques shouldn’t leave their warehouse unengraved.

Last edited:

Dax

Reaction score
You shouldn't be disappointed, you should be livid! $3000!!! Everything should be bloody perfect for that amount of money, and they only had to control the quality on 25 of them and they couldn't even achieve that.

Let this be the straw that broke the camel's back for eFX, that demonstrated they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery with a fist full of fifties.

Reaction score
Sorry to the unlucky 25 owners but this isn't worth 3k. It wouldn't be worth 3k even if everything was perfect imo. Would it have been so hard to place a little in memoriam instead of leaving Peter Mayhews space blank? Something? Anything? It just seems so half assed.

Reaction score
In fact from reading above posts it seems this piece was $3300, not just $3000, and I guess even more, if ordered from outside US. 😶

Reaction score
It's funny that EFX convinced buyers that they were respecting Mayhew's memory by leaving his space blank.

Reaction score
Wait, no! My comment was solely my own opinion. Do you think it’s more respectful for EFX to falsely generate Peter’s signature?

Aside from some QC issues, I’m happy with my purchase. It maybe a more expensive one than I’d like, but I’m pleased. Tig, are you really that unhappy with yours?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait, no! My comment was solely my own opinion. Do you think it’s more respectful for EFX to falsely generate Peter’s signature?

Aside from some QC issues, I’m happy with my purchase. It maybe a more expensive one than I’d like, but I’m pleased. Tig, are you really that unhappy with yours?
I don't think anyone would have wanted a fake signature personally I think the ideal solution would have been something along the line of -

In memory of
Peter Mayhew
May 19, 1944 – April 30, 2019

Reaction score

The fact that you state "aside from some QC issues " is disturbing in itself. For 3000 it should be perfect and do not forget that those 25 plaques were done way before anybody signed them. They were too cheap to make new ones and yours is not the only one with obvious mistakes.

Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried displaying the falcon with the new plaque? I had to make the mount hole bigger as the metal support tube for the falcon didn't fit in what they cut lol. That's a pretty pathetic mistake in itself.

Reaction score
Luckily it was an easy enough of a fix and didn't damage the plaque in the slightest but its a pretty crappy mistake on their part. Just a heads up for anyone that plans on displaying it.

Reaction score
I've taken a couple of EFX old school stands apart when I was looking at acrylic cases options and the tolerances on the thin metal plate are pretty tight against the aluminum pole. Normally you cant simply drop any of the EFX thin plates straight down into position without turning it (the plate) on the pole as you are guiding it down. In other words once the plate is over the stand pole lip while holding it straight you need to carefully rotate it back and forwards while it descends down the tube and then you can apply the EFX thumbscrews through the top of the acrylic after getting the plate into position. Those holes are laser cut and they are that precise. All three stands I did this too were the same way. You cant simply "yeet it" into position and a little slow guided patience is needed

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've taken a couple of EFX old school stands apart when I was looking at acrylic cases options and the tolerances on the thin metal plate are pretty tight against the aluminum pole. Normally you cant simply drop any of the EFX thin plates straight down into position without turning it (the plate) on the pole as you are guiding it down. In other words once the plate is over the stand pole lip while holding it straight you need to carefully rotate it back and forwards while it descends down the tube and then you can apply the EFX thumbscrews through the top of the acrylic after getting the plate into position. Those holes are laser cut and they are that precise. All three stands I did this too were the same way. You cant simply "yeet it" into position and a little slow guided patience is needed
The new hole they made wasn't even close enough to fitting the aluminum pole I was supplied with. There was no carefully rotating it back and forwards if you can't even remotely get it started. I compared it to the past plaque stand they had for the falcon and its smaller and not the same cut. These are normally quite easy to put on as I've dealt with a few and this one wasn't cut properly. I'm surprised they gave us a new plaque to put on in the first place and didn't just have it shipped with it installed. But I guess this is due to the falcons really just being extra they had made from the standard edition and then just made the new plaques with an extra 2k+ charge.

Reaction score
The new hole they made wasn't even close enough to fitting the aluminum pole I was supplied with. There was no carefully rotating it back and forwards if you can't even remotely get it started. I compared it to the past plaque stand they had for the falcon and its smaller and not the same cut. These are normally quite easy to put on as I've dealt with a few and this one wasn't cut properly. I'm surprised they gave us a new plaque to put on in the first place and didn't just have it shipped with it installed. But I guess this is due to the falcons really just being extra they had made from the standard edition and then just made the new plaques with an extra 2k+ charge.
Well there you have it. if it cant even rim onto the pole stand... Yikes that is a problem

Reaction score
I'm very chocked to read all your comments.
I can't imagine spent such amount of $and being as screwed as you were.
Since Peter passed last year and theygot plenty of time to redesign the plaque (adding an engraved signature of him or an "In Memorial" note on it.
They could have easily ask those 25 owners (just 25!) options design through a pool.
While for sure an option would reach a 100% it would at least let people an idea and have a chance to received something who appeal to them.
But the most outrageous thing is to learn that plaque does not fit properly and might be bend during the process.
For a 3000$+ item it is almost insulting.

Reaction score
What a total cluster.... I would be seething, having thrown that amount of money down the drain on an average replica, and a (sadly) unfinished product. The moment Peter passed, they should have changed gears and come up with an alternative - the way they have just left his signature area blank is a joke (and a total slap in the face of those that laid down 3K).

3K!!!!! It's mind blowing to think that people are happy to cop this; I guess it's why some people are wealthy, and some aren't. Everything reeks of the absolute bare minimum effort on EFX's behalf (just for something different).

How they released it like this is beyond comprehension...