EFX Darth Vader "Pyre" Helmet (Melted Helmet)

Reaction score
There is a reason if someone on any respectable group sells an item, takes the money and doesn’t ship the product, they are quickly kicked out. First it sends a message to anyone in the future that such actions will not be allowed. Secondly it attempts to minimize future damage by them.

The legend biker scout to my memory was an edition of 500. Full cost was $900 and I think $200 could hold your spot. That means these guys probably have taken between $100k and $450k from our community and not shipped product, are not answering emails, and appear to just hope we forget and move on. And that’s not counting what they took for the Iron Man helmet.

And they can’t have the decency to send periodic updates or respond to an email.

That’s a loss in our community that I think the only real comparison point is Carl Cunningham’s theft from Philip and Rancho Obiwan.

But many chose to be enablers. Disney continues to renew their license. 3rd party resellers launder their product to give them a legitimate channel to sell their goods. People buy from them (whether directly or indirectly). Heck people limelight and review their products to actively recruit more potential victims (sorry I mean customers) for them. Respectable Star Wars sites and groups still post announcements when they offer new items.

Efx has shown no hint that they have reformed. The community has just decided to look the other way.

Nothing will change because the community has decided there is no negative feedback loop. It’s frustrating and sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yet im sure you have bought items from them recently.

Reaction score
Yet im sure you have bought items from them recently.

Last item I bought from them (directly or indirectly) was the Wedge Antilles helmet which was purchased in the same PO as my legend biker scout and limited edition biker scout.

They have some products I would have been interested in but I refuse to support a company that behaves as they do. (And as I’ve mentioned before I have a pretty extensive prop replica and lifesized collection so choosing not to do business with them definitely impacted my collecting habits)

So you might be sure I have bought items from them recently, but you would be wrong.

Reaction score
Lots of hypocrites in this discussion. pick a side and stick to it. If you keep buying eFX what good does it do to complain about the company? Youre the one enabling them to continue.

GOLDCYLON: What makes you say the vader, rey, fett, etc are tied to Disney but not the Scout helmet? doesnt make sense to me.

Reaction score
Lots of hypocrites in this discussion. pick a side and stick to it. If you keep buying eFX what good does it do to complain about the company? Youre the one enabling them to continue.

GOLDCYLON: What makes you say the vader, rey, fett, etc are tied to Disney but not the Scout helmet? doesnt make sense to me.

prelicensing before the buy out by Disney in late 2012. I believe the EFX presale ended in late 2013 early 2014 for final payments and it might be right on the line. The REY Dark Saber, FETT PCR Helmet and Vader Pyre were offered way later with a new licensing agreement and definitely linked to Disney. Nobody actually knows the date the "NEW" licensing agreements that were once actually linked under Lucas Arts under the older licensing agreement and moved to new agreements under Disney. Make sense?

In other words there is a flash to bang time in licensing. My argument is that EFX probably had a license with LA for the Legend Series Biker helmet vs Disney which is why EFX has dropped the mic so to speak and walked away from it. Along with all the pre-order money.

If EFX would refund that pre-order money for the biker scout legend edition as well as the iron man helmet…. it would go a long way but I don't think that will happen. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, I wasn’t exactly expecting this to happen this quickly. Prices will only skyrocket from here.
before they changed it to sold out, they had 181 left. I would think they sent those to sideshow..etc and other vendors. The waitlist is still open at shideshow so you might sign up there if you still are looking.

Mauricio

Reaction score
Gotta love the comedy of people being so upset at eFX for delays and lack of communication but yet still buying their products. If youre so outraged, stop buying and supporting the company.

And that was my point back when I posted about the subject. It's laughable.

While EFX continues releasing great product, my hopes of receiving the Scout Legend bucket and Pistol remain alive. That is way better than the company disappearing, not getting anything and having another company come with overpriced items and then fail miserably.

Reaction score
Well focusing on new items is taking away the time to fix back orders like the Scout Iron man and Star Lord helmets.

Again if any of us on here pulled this we are hanged like a 17th century accused witch. I want to know why EFX is getting a special treatment and that people who are fully aware still buy from them. I have brought that up many times yet I never got an answer. Just why is EFX being treated so differently in a situation that happens quite often?

I bought from SPFX or Shadow FX a couple of years ago. I was attacked for it because I was aware of his past. He currently mails out new items just like EFX but has past undelivered items just like EFX.

I want an explanation to this.

TOS

Reaction score
Well focusing on new items is taking away the time to fix back orders like the Scout Iron man and Star Lord helmets.

Again if any of us on here pulled this we are hanged like a 17th century accused witch. I want to know why EFX is getting a special treatment and that people who are fully aware still buy from them. I have brought that up many times yet I never got an answer. Just why is EFX being treated so differently in a situation that happens quite often?

I bought from SPFX or Shadow FX a couple of years ago. I was attacked for it because I was aware of his past. He currently mails out new items just like EFX but has past undelivered items just like EFX.

I want an explanation to this.

Because some here have friends involved in that company certainly......

You're right : it's unacceptable to support a company which steals money from customers.......some older companies were burried for such acts and faster than EFX !!!
And NO, I'm not an EFX buyer so I have no grudge on this thread....

Reaction score
I dunno, seems like people are free to buy what they like, or not. Support the company if you feel like it, or don’t. I don’t think anyone needs to give any explanation for what they’re doing, honestly.

Like I said before, some probably feel that current sales will help with getting the old items completed, whether there’s merit to that idea or not. Others know the risks and are willing to chance it. Only time will tell how it all works out.

As for companies getting a “free pass” on various websites and forums, well... I would direct you to the very old thread where people were complaining about EFX, and the person who runs this site came in to basically say- it’s not a democracy, doesn’t have to be an entirely open arena for sharing ideas, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOS
Reaction score
I dunno, seems like people are free to buy what they like, or not. Support the company if you feel like it, or don’t. I don’t think anyone needs to give any explanation for what they’re doing, honestly.

Like I said before, some probably feel that current sales will help with getting the old items completed, whether there’s merit to that idea or not. Others know the risks and are willing to chance it. Only time will tell how it all works out.

As for companies getting a “free pass” on various websites and forums, well... I would direct you to the very old thread where people were complaining about EFX, and the person who runs this site came in to basically say- it’s not a democracy, doesn’t have to be an entirely open arena for sharing ideas, etc.
EFX had a lot of promise back then, 2013..ish...that never developed. It was everything from the Y-wing, to Vaders fighter to the Slave 1. EFX still has customers because they are selling out, but most of those people do not know of the Scout Trooper history. I said in an earlier thread that does a company that does what they did with the Scout helmet ever gets redemption. I would say they could if they take care of those customers, but they still are not taking care of that group. When it comes to getting a "free pass', you are correct, they are not getting one here. I for one will also never order direct from them.

TOS

Reaction score
".........As for companies getting a “free pass” on various websites and forums, well... I would direct you to the very old thread where people were complaining about EFX, and the person who runs this site came in to basically say- it’s not a democracy, doesn’t have to be an entirely open arena for sharing ideas, etc........."

Nothing more to add, everything is written......

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here wants EFX (or Anovos for that matter) to fail and go under. Collectors want good prop replicas, that come constantly and to be affordable. EFX has their old problems with the lack of communication, crazy delays and very expensive international shipping. It wasn't like this when they started, it was such a different approach. But now they really need to reset their way to approach the customers.

These days I realized that my two helmets from EFX are at the extremes of how this company acted over time: the Stormtrooper LE helmet I bought when EFX just made their first steps in the prop world, and Bryan really helped me to get this helmet. It was one of my best experiences with an online shop, with great communication and excellent shipping rates. Then the Vader Legend helmet is at the exact opposite side of the spectrum, EFX was starting to lack in their communication with the fans, their respect for international customers was not present anymore, the international shipping costs were absurd, and they delays were starting.

Reaction score
before they changed it to sold out, they had 181 left. I would think they sent those to sideshow..etc and other vendors. The waitlist is still open at shideshow so you might sign up there if you still are looking.

Entirely possible as even sideshow shows the pyre helmet as waitlisted. However this is odd as EFX normally ships to their partners first. They did that with the V1 Mando helmet as well.

Reaction score
Collectors want good prop replicas, that come constantly and to be affordable. EFX has their old problems with the lack of communication, crazy delays and very expensive international shipping. It wasn't like this when they started, it was such a different approach. But now they really need to reset their way to approach the customers.

I would have to agree with Sergiu that they definitely need a reset.

Reaction score
I actually don’t see anything wrong with saying I hope they go out of business.

A company that steals from their customers and doesn’t return emails SHOULD go out of business. Am I missing something?

It’s been 6.5 years. Enough is enough. They’ve had more than enough time to remedy things. Instead they ignore us.

By allowing them to stay in business and by Disney continuing to give them a license we are actually encouraging this behavior in both them and future companies.

Reaction score
Maybe it is good when EFX and Anovos will be gone forever? Don't know. I will know that many here and elsewhere will cry saying there might not be licensed props anymore. Not my case, don't care about that, I've been going the fan made route for a decade already, and haven't look back since, not that I didn't buy some licensed props since then, but much less.

Though when EFX is gone, I'm not sure too many other companies will jump on this route of prop making. Seems the hype that was years ago with MR is gone and the business model doesn't apply anymore either. Both Anovos and EFX have huge problems with their customers, it could happen to a new company as well. This seems to be one of the collecting domains where the companies have big problems.

In the end EFX needs to make the Scout lid and blaster, or refund the customers now, not tomorrow, not next week, and give full apologies to people who ordered them and offer some real compensation for the unacceptable delay and lack of communication all these years.

Reaction score
And one more thing, if EFX and Anovos go down before they make the products customers pre-ordered or refund them in full, those same customers might lose the money from those pre-orders. This has happened before.

Reaction score
The times have changed.

Once, the licensed prop route was the only way to go to get the highest-quality prop replicas. Now, the independents have equaled or in a lot of cases even surpassed the official outlets. If I have a choice & the objects are good, I'll go with the licensed stuff. But when there's a vacuum/gap or the quality isn't up to snuff....let's just say that today there are options out there. Good options. Where there's a collector need and a will, some enterprising person from far off on the planet will find a way. 5-7 years ago I shunned these unlicensed items, but now w/the help of improved technology & the networking of groups, the prop game has changed. Probably forever.

Here's one of my display areas that highlights the modern age: Official Efx V1 Mando helmet, Regal Robot grav charge, Gentle Giant Mando mini-busts, & an Efx Mythosaur necklace. But additionally, these pieces are accompanied by officially unavailable, unlicensed objects including a Beskar signet (Germany), bounty holo-display discs (US), weathered tracking fob w/working light (Italy), and a New Republic Marshall Badge (Asia). All amazing quality and highly screen accurate. All of these easy to find in the usual areas around the internet.

Bottom-line...if the license holders can't pull their weight or meet demand, so be it. It doesn't bother me anymore. Ultimately, it will be their loss, not ours. The market will respond as markets do and someway, somehow collectors will get what they want to buy.

Reaction score
The unlicensed game is quite powerful these days, there are prop makers who have access to screen used or production made props and helmets and their pieces are very accurate and beautifully made. You need to know who they are, it has been discussed here, on other forums and on FB groups, as there are lower quality fan made props as well, and people need to be aware of those too. But the thing is you can get great stuff from these fan creators, and is available for all budgets and preferences of accuracy, some are even limited editions with signatures.

These days it even has been discussed by someone to tackle in the studio scale realm, not just statues. Someone else makes the most accurate TIE Pilot helmet, even better than RS. We also have access to excellent Stormtrooper, Vader, Scout and other helmets and even full costumes, all much better than the licensed counterparts. It's a big world out there, licensed makers already lost this battle, unless certain collectors only want licensed items, but then their options are very limited. Some collectors made their choice already, maybe it is time for the others to make theirs before is too late.

Reaction score
I never understood the desire to collect licensed pieces only because they have a COA, stand packaging and seal of approval. I want the best representation of the prop period. If its fan made well so be it. A COA doesnt need to regurgitate information I already know on a prop I know is authentic. If I stuck with licensed pieces only I would be trooping around in the yucky Supreme Vader or the overpriced Anovos version(if I was a lucky enough to get one shipped to me). No thank you.

Anyway it appears that eFx can send product as they have recently done so. It does not have anything to do with Business model or current market for licensed props. If that was the case they would still have delivery issues. So far every announced product after the Scout has shipped(what little that was announced). This is purely on eFx alone. This is criminal activity and people doing business with them even through venders is dealing with criminals. They have taken money and not sent a product. Last I knew that is illegal. Im with Thinmintoncard with this one. Going out of business is at least closure. eFx will not give out refunds. Youre delusional if you believe that getting threatened by one person who contacted Disney will get them to magically start contacting every one after 6 years abd give up all of that money.

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Prye Helmet as well. The triangular stand is huge and didn't fit any of my existing display cases. I took a gamble and ordered a Moducase DF120. I live in Houston and luckily, they have stock in their LA warehouse. I bought the DF120 with 6 warm-white spot lights. I wasn't sure how it would look while I was building it (reminded me of Ikea) but I really like the final result! Hope this helps anyone looking for a dust-free display option.

Attachments

• IMG_1991.JPEG
    IMG_1991.JPEG
    748.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1992.JPEG
    IMG_1992.JPEG
    836.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1993.JPEG
    IMG_1993.JPEG
    812 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Prye Helmet as well. The triangular stand is huge and didn't fit any of my existing display cases. I took a gamble and ordered a Moducase DF120. I live in Houston and luckily, they have stock in their LA warehouse. I bought the DF120 with 6 warm-white spot lights. I wasn't sure how it would look while I was building it (reminded me of Ikea) but I really like the final result! Hope this helps anyone looking for a dust-free display option.
Looks great !!!

Reaction score
Hmm wonder if some folks didn’t make their balance due payments? Hopefully not returns.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you're all doing well!

Recently, I received an artist proof EFX Vader pyre helmet. So far, so good. However, I noticed that there is rustling inside the helmet when you shake it slightly - the sound is coming from inside the 3D printed helmet. Have you noticed this with your helmets too?

YiN3PTX.jpg

Stay safe - Josh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you're all doing well!

Recently, I received an artist proof EFX Vader pyre helmet. So far, so good. However, I noticed that there is rustling inside the helmet when you shake it slightly - the sound is coming from inside the 3D printed helmet. Have you noticed this with your helmets too?

YiN3PTX.jpg

Stay safe - Josh

Could be the match used by Luke to burn Vader's helmet? 🙃