EFX Darth Vader "Pyre" Helmet (Melted Helmet)

Reaction score
I would think if EFX was to settle up on the Legend Edition Scout Trooper and blaster that would go along way. This will be difficult as by now I am sure addresses have changed etc. I would like to see this happen. However, with that being said I would not even think to belittle folks responses on asking where is my helmet and pistol that I paid for after so long. I do not agree with the mods response here and think it’s completely unprofessional and uncalled for as a comment. It’s a fair question to ask. Where is my order EFX?

I will be blunt. EFX is delivering on current licensing commitments due to its tie to Disney. End of statement... The mando helmet, the Fett Helmet, the Vader pyre and yes even the Dark Rey are tied into that agreement. They will deliver.

The Scout Trooper Legend edition with pistol is not. I dont think it will ever happen.. However I hope it does for the folks that paid in full or at least are refunded to be made whole. Even the Ironman mask still hasn’t been delivered.

Preorder is a crappy way to do business when you don’t have confidence in if it will ever be delivered. ICONS, Master Replicas, Master Replicas Group and Chronicle Collectables all folded filed for protection and hosed a lot of collectors. This has made the hobby pretty risky at this time. MRG and CC both just folded within the last 7 months.

While I was happy to receive my Vader Pyre ... I wasnt sure it would ever show up. I have more hope the Dark Rey Saber will also show up. However EFX does not get a pass.... well by me anyway, until they resolve the sins of the past. Then we can move foward if that’s the business model that they want to embrace for the future. I feel they will just try to bury this with the hope it will simply go away with time.

I think it’s reprehensible to insult the prop replica fan base and then to be told by a MOD to basically suck it and deal with it. I am a forum mod in two Corvette Forums and a technical advisor on another that/this is not how a mod should respond to a business that basically stole those funds in both those preorders.

GC

Last edited:

TOS

Reaction score
I'm sure Mauricio, as a Rebelscum administrator, will receive his free gift(s) from EFX for such a good comment.......

Reaction score
I'm sure Mauricio, as a Rebelscum administrator, will receive his free gift(s) from EFX for such a good comment.......
I receive nothing for my Forum Mod roles. It is a hobby I simply enjoy and I help to promote the hobby. The opposite is happening here in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have watched EFX for many, many years, only to see promised stuff never delivered and people screwed over on products. That said, I will never order directly from EFX and if I use a pre-order place like Sideshow, I use a credit card that I know will back me up in a dispute. The Scout helmet is a very sore issue with a lot of people that have nothing to show for it after many years. I am surprised anybody would take EFX's side on that, especially a mod.

Reaction score
Very nice display and turn out of the pyre helmet.

I'm still on the fence about it because of the price.
Its just me perhaps - thinking it over as to having to pay more for a melted helmet whereas I had purchased the full helmet limited editions for less that price.

Glad to see others who got their pyre version nevertheless.

Reaction score
I had to check that Mods post wasn't made on April the 1st. EFX are inexcusable the way they've treated their customers over the Legend Scout.

Reaction score
Moved the Pyre helmet on top of the EFX X-wing base cover. While that factory EFX cover is HUGE the right and left tips of the base triangle STILL lap sightly over the Edges.65C20C47-C91B-4BAA-AE15-34DE67F93F0F.jpeg

Mauricio

Reaction score
However, with that being said I would not even think to belittle folks responses on asking where is my helmet and pistol that I paid for after so long. I do not agree with the mods response here and think it’s completely unprofessional and uncalled for as a comment. It’s a fair question to ask. Where is my order EFX?
I'm not belittling anyone. All I said it was remarkable reading some collectors here complain and complain about EFX on one thread and then ordering and buying product from EFX through a distributor. Kind of contradictory, IMO.

I will be blunt. EFX is delivering on current licensing commitments due to its tie to Disney. End of statement... The mando helmet, the Fett Helmet, the Vader pyre and yes even the Dark Rey are tied into that agreement. They will deliver.
What else did you expect? They are a licensed company and they have to abide to their contract and deliver product.

While I was happy to receive my Vader Pyre ... I wasnt sure it would ever show up. I have more hope the Dark Rey Saber will also show up. However EFX does not get a pass.... well by me anyway, until they resolve the sins of the past. Then we can move foward if that’s the business model that they want to embrace for the future. I feel they will just try to bury this with the hope it will simply go away with time.
Yet, you continue ordering and will continue to order their product, you say through a distributor, but in the end is product from a company you complain about.

I think it’s reprehensible to insult the prop replica fan base and then to be told by a MOD to basically suck it and deal with it. I am a forum mod in two Corvette Forums and a technical advisor on another that/this is not how a mod should respond to a business that basically stole those funds in both those preorders.
I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just stating the fact that some here complain and complain and belittle EFX and their team, yet continue to buy product from EFX. Again, kind of contradictory.

Do you really believe that? I have never received free gifts from any company. Nor from EFX. I developed a good friendship with some people from the original MR team, way before some of you even started collecting. The only thing I receive from them is heartfelt greets and conversations whenever I rarely see them at conventions or through PMs in social media and different forums.

I paid full price for the Vader Pyre helmet as I have paid for every prop replica that I have bought since 2002 (I might have paid less for some of the early pieces through eBay).

I receive nothing for my Forum Mod roles. It is a hobby I simply enjoy and I help to promote the hobby. The opposite is happening here in my opinion.
So do you think RS forum mods are special then? No, we don't get paid or get free stuff from anyone, we just develop great and respectful friendships with Star Wars collectors and that's it. I'm sorry you don't get paid at the Corvette forums or the other forums you moderate at. It seems like you expect them to give you something and you don't get anything.

BTW... I received my Pyre Helmet today and I have to say it is great. I wanted to get the Propshop one but thought it was too expensive. EFX's one looks a lot better than the one from Propshop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not belittling anyone. All I said it was remarkable reading some collectors here complain and complain about EFX on one thread and then ordering and buying product from EFX through a distributor. Kind of contradictory, IMO.
Go back and re read your entire thread. You are giving EFX a victory lap and a high 5 while still managing to minimize the impact of no delivery on previous prepaid for items from forum members.

What else did you expect? They are a licensed company and they have to abide to their contract and deliver product.
I would EXPECT them to deliver. Which is the point...they HAVE NOT delivered on the Ironman mask and biker scout legend edition. They STOLE all the preorder money. They will deliver on the CURRENT Disney items as they don’t want to lose there agreement the mouse.

Yet, you continue ordering and will continue to order their product, you say through a distributor, but in the end is product from a company you complain about.
I complain about a company that has issues with delivery and fulfilling their promises. See above. I will no longer buy direct from EFX because of this. If they plan on stiffing Sideshow then they can fight that out in court and I will get my money back. Getting your money back from a direct EFX purchase.... yeah that will happen

I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just stating the fact that some here complain and complain and belittle EFX and their team, yet continue to buy product from EFX. Again, kind of contradictory.
Yeah you did and I wasnt the only one to point that out to you

Do you really believe that? I have never received free gifts from any company. Nor from EFX. I developed a good friendship with some people from the original MR team, way before some of you even started collecting. The only thing I receive from them is heartfelt greets and conversations whenever I rarely see them at conventions or through PMs in social media and different forums.
Another forum member stated that. I did not.

I paid full price for the Vader Pyre helmet as I have paid for every prop replica that I have bought since 2002 (I might have paid less for some of the early pieces through eBay).

So do you think RS forum mods are special then? No, we don't get paid or get free stuff from anyone, we just develop great and respectful friendships with Star Wars collectors and that's it. I'm sorry you don't get paid at the Corvette forums or the other forums you moderate at.
I only said that because I did not believe you were getting paid... that was again not mentioned by me. I said I DO NOT get paid for my forum work and don’t expect too.

BTW... I received my Pyre Helmet today and I have to say it is great. I wanted to get the Propshop one but thought it was too expensive. EFX's one looks a lot better than the one from Propshop.
Good for you, enjoy it. Gabe’s video hits the nail on the head with his review.

Last edited:

Mauricio

Reaction score
Go back and re read your entire thread. You are giving EFX a victory lap and a high 5 while still managing to minimize the impact of no delivery on previous prepaid for items from forum members.
I gave them a victory lap because of the Pyre Helmet and the other stuff they have released. They are great items. What is the problem with that?

I complain about a company that has issues with delivery and fulfilling their promises. See above. I will no longer buy direct from EFX because of this. If they plan on stiffing Sideshow then they can fight that out in court and I will get my money back. Getting your money back from a direct EFX purchase.... yeah that will happen
I just find odd complaining about a company, calling them thieves and still buying their product.

Yeah you did and I wasnt the only one to point that out to you
Can you tell me with which sentence of my post I belittled or insulted someone here?

Another forum member stated that. I did not.

I only said that because I did not believe you were getting paid... that was again not mentioned by me. I said I DO NOT get paid for my forum work and don’t expect too.
Haven't you noticed when you said: "I receive nothing for my Forum Mod roles. It is a hobby I simply enjoy and I help to promote the hobby. The opposite is happening here in my opinion"?

You did imply I receive free stuff from the aforementioned company. I don't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I gave them a victory lap because of the Pyre Helmet and the other stuff they have released. They are great items. What is the problem with that?
The items that they have created are great items.... THAT is not the issue. The issue is until they make the customers whole that they haven’t delivered on....they should get zero victory laps or high fives.

I just find odd complaining about a company, calling them thieves and still buying their product.
You might find it even more odd that I am not affected in anyway. The last EFX item that went south on me was via Chronicle Collectables in which I had to file a Visa Dispute. Eventually I received my money back. However, I do feel EFX needs to make the rest of the forum here whole that were burnt.

Can you tell me with which sentence of my post I belittled or insulted someone here?
lets start here shall we ?
Some stay stuck in the Biker Scout Legend Edition situation and basically throw trash at anything EFX announces and comes out with. Its funny how some keep this attitude even though they order their products indirectly. That is kind of foolish, IMO, but to each its own.
Some stay stuck???? Its belittling and insulting to cast away others grief when getting hosed by a company. We order indirectly because we can’t trust them directly. Which is a sad statement really but if that is your business practice... then own it. It’s also far far from “funny”

Words have meaning.... As a forum mod you should be understanding at best neutral and helpful vs. attempting to shame “stuck“ forum members here who’s preorder money has disappeared.

Haven't you noticed when you said: "I receive nothing for my Forum Mod roles. It is a hobby I simply enjoy and I help to promote the hobby. The opposite is happening here in my opinion"?

You did imply I receive free stuff from the aforementioned company. I don't.
Another member accused you of getting free stuff. I said I get no free stuff meaning neither do you. I implied you are NOT promoting the hobby. I suggest you tone down your praise of a company with less than ethical standards. Do they produce excellent prop replicas ? Yes they do. Can you trust them? History has proven that to be a moral dilemma. Others please chime in here. GC

Last edited:

TOS

Reaction score
The items that they have created are great items.... THAT is not the issue. The issue is until they make the customers whole that they haven’t delivered on....they should get zero victory laps or high fives.

You might find it even more odd that I am not affected in anyway. The last EFX item that went south on me was via Chronicle Collectables in which I had to file a Visa Dispute. Eventually I received my money back. However, I do feel EFX needs to make the rest of the forum here whole that were burnt.

lets start here shall we ?

Some stay stuck???? Its belittling and insulting to cast away others grief when getting hosed by a company. We order indirectly because we can’t trust them directly. Which is a sad statement really but if that is your business practice... then own it. It’s also far far from “funny”

Words have meaning.... As a forum mod you should be understanding at best neutral and helpful vs. attempting to shame “stuck“ forum members here who’s preorder money has disappeared.

Another member accused you of getting free stuff. I said I get no free stuff meaning neither do you. I implied you are NOT promoting the hobby. I suggest you tone down your praise of a company with less than ethical standards. Do they produce excellent prop replicas ? Yes they do. Can you trust them? History has proven that to be a moral dilemma. Others please chime in here. GC
You did a great job here GC. My english is not so good to say what I feel but even if Mauricio doesn't receive any free gifts, we can understand that he made great friends with guys in those companies so he certainly doesn't like when we talk about them in bad words......but to me, those guys have no honor to sell things that will never see the day of light and take people's money.........WE can't defend such practices, even if we have friends involved.

It remindsme a recent post here, where a member asked some news to EFX regarding his order(s) and received no answer and 24 hours later, behind a false identity, he asked informations to EFX about one of their products and he received an answer few hours later.........how do you call that ???

Reaction score
I think because so many friendships have been developed and built up over the years it has some kind of influence when posting pro or contra. I was a long time Pop Culture Shock fan myself and protected them in the statueforum. I was just blind till it was inevitable to admit that they really did not deliver anymore and eventually went bankrupt. Buyers only got Sideshow points instead of their money (Sideshow bought PCS at that time).
Imo posts like that already are critical in case a normal user is posting them. When they come from a moderator, of course it gets more attention, because mods usually ensure that situations in which too many emotions are involved do not escalate or arise. Especially when it comes to a topic where it can't be denied that eFX does not deliver the two products mentioned for years.
That eFX does a good job when they deliver (which should actually be a matter of course in this price segment) is out of the question. To give them kudos is no problem either, but to praise them with the sideline that collectors constantly keep complaining, to me is an affront to buyers that have obviously been cheated. Whether intended or not, for me personally, the post sounds like a reproach to collectors that keep reminding eFX of their failures.
That collectors still buy their products is simply because they are the only company that is allowed to produce the products we as a community of SW fans are waiting for. If the risk is zero I can understand the new orders (I stopped buying from them). Doesn't change the situation. I personally hope they lose their license and a fresh, better organized team takes over and delivers like it should be.
My 2 cents
Chris

Last edited:

Mauricio

Reaction score
This has gone way way overboard...

I have never said I condone or support stealing money from someone. Period.

All I'm saying is that I firmly believe that EFX will deliver the Biker Scout Legend Helmet. I prepaid for it and it's not the end of the world if there has been a delay, even if it has been 5 years. The company still exists and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere.

I also said that I find odd that more than one person here complain and complain about EFX yet they keep ordering from EFX, it doesn't matter if they do it through a distributor or direct. Them complaining on one side and supporting EFX through purchasing their items is kind of ridiculous. "Oh, yes! They are thieves! They robbed people! They suck!.... oooooohhhhh.... look at what EFX is releasing.... ooooohhh... I'll order it through Sideshow... that will make them learn!"

I have read many times here some saying that they wish EFX would lose their license so someone else could come and take over and be the dream prop replica maker they expect. Please.... haven't you seen? Anovos, PropShop, Icons (in the past) and others have proven being an LFL-Disney licensor is extremely difficult while keeping a profit and staying afloat. You want reasonably priced prop replicas? You want great customer service? You want the most exciting releases? And on top of that you dont want delays or issues with your deliveries.... hahahaha... allow me to tell you the crude reality... YOU WON'T HAVE ALL THAT... period. The market, the hobby, the manufacturing process and the costs have changed dramatically.

The only other player that is on that level of quality is Regal Robot. They have started to do some stuff that are creature replicas. They are amazing. The problem is that the price is way too high because they are made in the U.S.A., they're small edition sizes and they are cast, built, painted and prepared in a process that doesn't compare in terms of costs with a specialized factory in Asia or the Pacific. I can imagine that if they try to do prop replicas, their price will be way higher than what we are accustomed.

I'm thankful EFX survives and keeps working on new releases, I want them to stay afloat, because I firmly believe no one else will come to the market offering the quality they have for prop replicas at an still-affordable price. I can keep waiting on the Biker Scout Legend Helmet as long as they keep releasing interesting and high quality products like the Vader Pyre helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Indeed....and as you are unable to promote the hobby and be understanding of those that have had pre order money stolen from EFX then in my opinion I suggest that you have no business being a forum mod.

Actually quite the opposite as you asked folks to quit complaining about a companies lack of ethical standards.

All I'm saying is that I firmly believe that EFX will deliver the Biker Scout Legend Helmet. I prepaid for it and it's not the end of the world if there has been a delay, even if it has been 5 years. The company still exists and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere.
All I am stating is I hope I am wrong, but since there is been zero communication or
updates on both the legend scout helmet and the iron man helmet.... I am doubtful. At this point just return the money. That’s all I am asking EFX to do.

I also said that I find odd that more than one person here complain and complain about EFX yet they keep ordering from EFX, it doesn't matter if they do it through a distributor or direct. Them complaining on one side and supporting EFX through purchasing their items is kind of ridiculous. "Oh, yes! They are thieves! They robbed people! They suck!.... ooooooh
I find it odd again belittling the forum membership who can’t trust a seller with a direct purchase but will take a chance with a trusted vender.

I have read many times here some saying that they wish EFX would lose their license so someone else could come and take over and be the dream prop replica maker they expect. Please.... haven't you seen? Anovos, PropShop, Icons (in the past) and others have proven being an LFL-Disney licensor is extremely difficult while keeping a profit and staying afloat. You want reasonably priced prop replicas? You want great customer service? You want the most exciting releases? And on top of that you dont want delays or issues with your deliveries.... hahahaha... allow me to tell you the crude reality... YOU WON'T HAVE ALL THAT... period. The market, the hobby, the manufacturing process and the costs have changed dramatically.
Again we don’t find this amusing... deliver and don’t treat the fan base like trash. Yeah “ha ha ha“ Sure we want more exciting releases again that is not the point here.

The only other player that is on that level of quality is Regal Robot. They have started to do some stuff that are creature replicas. They are amazing. The problem is that the price is way too high because they are made in the U.S.A., they're small edition sizes and they are cast, built, painted and prepared in a process that doesn't compare in terms of costs with a specialized factory in Asia or the Pacific. I can imagine that if they try to do prop replicas, their price will be way higher than what we are accustomed.
Completely concur that Regal Robot and Tom Spina is one of the best. The current EFX saber is advertised as being made in the US. That was one of factors I was willing to pay for as it was made here EVEN at the higher price point. The Rey dark saber is ALREADY at one of the highest price points EFX has ever had on a saber to date....

I'm thankful EFX survives and keeps working on new releases, I want them to stay afloat.
I am thankful that EFX makes replicas of high quality. However, they also have a business reputation of low moral and ethical standing. It’s sad really....to trash your own company due to the lack of a moral compass. If they make folks whole.... then I wish them nothing but success. They are just hoping this all goes away like a Jedi mind trick after time. [/QUOTE]

No discussion needs to continue.We will have to agree to disagree. You want to high 5 and give EFX a victory lap. Everybody after your initial post disagrees. Some have even followed up on that disagreement. Let’s leave it here.... We do not agree Nor does anybody after your first post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have not been buying efx's products since they took my money 7 (not 5, Mauricio) years ago. Nor do I keep trashing the current releases...they seem like nice products. But to say "Some stay stuck in the Biker Scout Legend Edition situation" makes light of the situation. As though I don't have a right to complain. I do have the right after paying $900 and waiting 7 years. And I will from time to time pop in here to remind folks of the matter. The last update from efx on the Legend Biker helmet was 4/30/20. Yeah, a year ago. WTF has happened since then?!? Where are the updates?

Mauricio

Reaction score
I have not been buying efx's products since they took my money 7 (not 5, Mauricio) years ago. Nor do I keep trashing the current releases...they seem like nice products. But to say "Some stay stuck in the Biker Scout Legend Edition situation" makes light of the situation. As though I don't have a right to complain. I do have the right after paying $900 and waiting 7 years. And I will from time to time pop in here to remind folks of the matter. The last update from efx on the Legend Biker helmet was 4/30/20. Yeah, a year ago. WTF has happened since then?!? Where are the updates?
Yes, we need another update after the last one from last year.

I'm sorry if my words were taken in a different way than I intended when I said that "some stay stuck". I don't find constructive to keep re-hashing the same issue over and over from people that keep buying from EFX. I understand you stopped buying so that shows real commitment with your words and I respect you 100% for doing it.

I think once more there were problems with the manufacturing in Asia, so I suppose Bryan and EFX are doing all they can to reach the goal and deliver, even after all this time.

I didn't pay in full, but paid the pre-order amount and I chose to wait for the eventual release. As I said, I'm hopeful it will happen.

Reaction score
We don't need more updates from them. We need product. At nearly 7 years and still going strong, and refusing to reply to the customers they owe money to, they have long lost any benefit of the doubt. At this point it doesn't really matter any more if they ship the item or not. 7 years and no communication, its quite frankly embarrassing how people in the SW community defend them or support them.

I'm an admin on one of the larger VSW groups on Facebook. If someone sell an item in any major group and doesn't ship it, its a big deal. If in the process they don't reply to messages from the person they owe, they are pretty much globally banned in all groups. I've banned people in our group for way way less. What's the threshold where people stop defending them? (And BTW, I no longer buy from them. I have a near full collection of MR items, a near full collection of sideshow lifesized busts, but stopped collecting 1:1 scale items due to EFX. I couldn't do business with someone who treats their customers like that. I've done several thousand in business with them, and there is zero excuse to not replying to my emails. The last 1:1 item I bought was the xwing pilot helmet from them)

It was mentioned a few times on here someone claimed to send them some emails, they ignored them, then they created a fake account, emailed them about new products, and they responded. This was me. Quite simply, they've wasted enough of my time and I was looking for closure to this. Instead they've wasted more of my time. For that, I cannot forgive them. If they ever ship the helmet it will be damaged goods to me and has no place in my collection. I will most likely just auction it off and donate the proceeds to some childrens charity so something positive comes out of this.

Anyways, here's screen shots of the emails I took. My wife joked I was going undercover like Fletch, so I figured I'd use Dr. RosenRosen as my sock account. Couldn't remember the first name, so I put another nod to fletch in and went with John from John Coctoastan. To the best of my knowledge the only email replied to was the one from Dr. Rosenrosen. I did my best to check filters and my spam folder.

EFX1.jpg

EFX2.jpg

EFX3.jpg

So time to call in Fletch...

EFX5.jpg

Since Bryan replied to that one, I figured I'd give him one last chance to answer my question...

EFX4.jpg

Regardless of the money or the goods... they have wasted my time. For that I cannot forgive them. My time is precious, and by putting the burden on me to attempt to resolve this its the ultimate slap on the face.

Sorry for being such a downer on a thread where everyone is happy they are getting their new items from a company who has (and continues to) screw over many of us. Just hoping at some point the community can see this company for what it is.

Reaction score
Its been 7 damn years. They are not sending the Biker scout helmet. You have to be delusional to believe they are still working on releasing it. It doesnt take this long to work out kinks and produce a helmet. And the vaccuforming issue the claim is complete BS. Ive seen a ton of mass produced vac formed items over the years. Even Anovos manages to send quite a few Vac formed TKs.

Delivering new product does not help any at all for EFX. It still leaves buyers of undelivered products out in the cold. It adds salt to an old wound. Who is to say Efx will not do it again?

Even though they released product it has been very little. Boba Fett PCR, Pyre Vader and Mando helmet in how many years since the scout was on preorder? 7. And dont for get promised products that never saw any light like the TK hero suit or Legend edition Boba or anymore reveal sabers or resin cast sabers, which were a complete failure due to how brittle they were. Their track record is complete garbage yet people snatch up what little they release. They deserve no victory lap or anything like that until all customers are taken cared of and release what they announce.

Independent artists who pull stunts like this are castrated. Why is EFX getting a special treatment?

I have said it before. Buying their product only hurts the ones who are left behind. It sends a messaged to EFX that everything is fine. It is not fine at all. The place I work at wouldnt even be open if we pulled stunts like this. Let someone order our food and not make it. Lets see how that turns out.

I will always remain vocal on this because its so morally wrong and sickening that EFX keeps getting pat on the back just because they shipped something out.

Reaction score

I also said that I find odd that more than one person here complain and complain about EFX yet they keep ordering from EFX, it doesn't matter if they do it through a distributor or direct. Them complaining on one side and supporting EFX through purchasing their items is kind of ridiculous. "Oh, yes! They are thieves! They robbed people! They suck!.... oooooohhhhh.... look at what EFX is releasing.... ooooohhh... I'll order it through Sideshow... that will make them learn!"

I'm thankful EFX survives and keeps working on new releases, I want them to stay afloat, because I firmly believe no one else will come to the market offering the quality they have for prop replicas at an still-affordable price. I can keep waiting on the Biker Scout Legend Helmet as long as they keep releasing interesting and high quality products like the Vader Pyre helmet.

What's the point of buying a product just to wait years for it? I dont get that mind set.

Reactions: TOS
Reaction score
I will tell you one thing. There is NO DENYING that IF and WHEN EFX delivers, they will deliver a pretty good product. Their customer service, questionable business ethics and lead time however is unacceptable and is IMPOSSIBLE to defend.

Everyone here knows and will agree with 1 thing. We all love their products (if they ship what we paid for). The thing we outright despise is their shady business practice and horrible customer service.

That being said, many here will buy the products (for the love of quality licensed prop replicas and Star Wars) but will never deal directly and give them money upfront.

Still remember when a product is released for pre-order. Bryan will gladly be in the forum asking for sales. Then disappear once pre-order window closes. These days he doesn't even come to the forums (for obvious reasons).

And only recently there was a fellow facebook friend of mine in a facebook group who actually send various emails to eFX asking and asking for his Biker Scout Legend helmet. No replies after 3 months of numerous emails. Then he creates a fake email and emailed them on pre-ordering something. BOOM! Got a reply within 24 hours. What kind of company does that?

And I got a fellow scummer buddy here who bought the PCR Vader EFX Exclusive helmet. Bryan sent him a tracking number. He tried tracking it and it just said the mailing label was created. That's it. And the tracking information never changed for months (its been 3-4 years now I think). He also sent numerous emails to Bryan. No replies. Seriously, that is outright stealing is it not?

Reaction score
We cant forget how the limited scout turned out. It has the large gap between the crown and viser, flared out jaw and soft mouth detail plus that frail looking stand.

Reaction score
I think the main question here is can a company redeem itself? Yes, it can, but.... it cant if there are still outstanding orders that have not been fulfilled in 7 years. I may be wrong on the 7 years, but for a company to still push new stuff out the door and to have customers that are being ignored on past orders that are not fulfilled is something I have a huge problem with. I do love the EFX stuff and I am more of a studio scale guy than a helmet guy. There were many rumors to drop a y-wing, slave ship, and they had them on display at their booths only to find out that they were never ever going to be into production. I bought a y-wing that was part of that cast that was displayed by EFX from the guy at the RPF forum as he did a limited casting run. I will not name names, you are welcome to go look at the RPF forums but that was years ago. While I will not buy anything from EFX directly, I will pre-order on a reputable site. I want EFX to succeed because there are just not that many avenues to get well-done props. Hopefully they will get back into some studio scale models, but right now, just make your customers happy and deliver!

Reaction score
We cant forget how the limited scout turned out. It has the large gap between the crown and viser, flared out jaw and soft mouth detail plus that frail looking stand.
Yeah, the Limited Edition Biker Scout took ages to release and when it is finally released, they were plague with many flaws. I was also pretty bumped seeing so many flaws despite taking such a long development time. Its unfortunate.

Since then, their PCR Boba, Mando LE and now Melted Vader thankfully didn't have any major issues.

Reaction score
I believe they rushed it just to get some sort of scout helmet out thinking it would relieve any pressure they have on themselves.

Reaction score
Gotta love the comedy of people being so upset at eFX for delays and lack of communication but yet still buying their products. If youre so outraged, stop buying and supporting the company.

Reaction score
Gotta love the comedy of people being so upset at eFX for delays and lack of communication but yet still buying their products. If youre so outraged, stop buying and supporting the company.
This is exactly what I keep saying. Buying from them or a retailer either way still puts money in their pockets. Its money that should go to outstanding orders.

Reaction score
This is exactly what I keep saying. Buying from them or a retailer either way still puts money in their pockets. Its money that should go to outstanding orders.
I am not defending EFX, but there are just not that many companies putting out products like the Mando Helmet, and other items. Like I have said before, just pre-order from Sideshow or other companies that you feel safe with.

Reaction score
I am not defending EFX, but there are just not that many companies putting out products like the Mando Helmet, and other items. Like I have said before, just pre-order from Sideshow or other companies that you feel safe with.
That is still supporting EFX and defending because their product is still getting sold. That is what they want, money to line their pockets. Just because they currently deliver doeant mean they wont do it again. There are fan artists who make this stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is still supporting EFX and defending because their product is still getting sold. That is what they want, money to line their pockets. Just because they currently deliver doeant mean they wont do it again. There are fan artists who make this stuff.
I understand where you are coming from, but I have seen just as many horror stories, if not more, dealing with fan artists, Steve Dymszo comes to mind. True, they could do it again, but you have more protection getting it from Entertainment Earth, Sideshow.. etc.

Reaction score
Everywhere we look there are bad seeds. But there are actual genuine fan artists that will deliver your product. JS Props delivers an amazing Mando bucket for a great price.

Some i have dealt with that will never screw any one and I stand 100% behind them.
Mike Warren
Mark Edwards of CFO
The Star Wars Closet on Etsy
Devilmannsprops on Etsy
Paul/Bookface.

And I know there are more.

Those are far better then buying a product hoping you would eventually get it in the next 1000 years if they are even producing it.

I just dont think a prop from any shady seller is worth it. I have been screwed and been in the Legend Scout buyers shoes. It really hurts to get excited for a piece just to never see it while others receive there items. Its a hard blow to Receive and accept. We have to stand up for ourselves or this will not stop. Any form of buying from a crappy seller puts money in their pocket which allows them to stay in business and thus allows them to continue to not deliver on past orders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How much money does someone have to take from our collecting community before people say this is wrong, and the free market says this company should go out of business.

We’s not answering emails. Let’s not pretend there is any remorse here.

Reaction score
An argument could be made that some sort of widespread boycott of these companies would make it less likely, not more, that the Legend Scouts will be able to be completed. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if nobody buys the new products, the company will not exist for long.

There are compelling arguments to be made for either supporting these companies, or not.

As for the pyre helmet, looks like it’s on waitlist now from sideshow, which seems quick. And unavailable from EFX directly right now. So options for buying are dwindling.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for the pyre helmet, looks like it’s on waitlist now from sideshow, which seems quick. And unavailable from EFX directly right now. So options for buying are dwindling.
Wow, I wasn’t exactly expecting this to happen this quickly. Prices will only skyrocket from here.

Reaction score
An argument could be made that some sort of widespread boycott of these companies would make it less likely, not more, that the Legend Scouts will be able to be completed. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if nobody buys the new products, the company will not exist for long.

There are compelling arguments to be made for either supporting these companies, or not.

There are zero signs of EFX releasing the scout or Iron Man helmet. Whats the difference if they stay in business? Either way buyers wont get their helmet. Shutting them down is some form of closure on the subject.

Reaction score
My assumption is, that they are using their licence and direct access to the props to create and sell very limited runs of Star Wars items for a lot of $$$ that collectors like we never will see. Like that you can make a lot of money as well. But again, just an assumption how this could work out fine for them.
Chris
PS: I am not buying eFX products anymore, nowhere.

Reaction score
There is a reason if someone on any respectable group sells an item, takes the money and doesn’t ship the product, they are quickly kicked out. First it sends a message to anyone in the future that such actions will not be allowed. Secondly it attempts to minimize future damage by them.

The legend biker scout to my memory was an edition of 500. Full cost was $900 and I think $200 could hold your spot. That means these guys probably have taken between $100k and $450k from our community and not shipped product, are not answering emails, and appear to just hope we forget and move on. And that’s not counting what they took for the Iron Man helmet.

And they can’t have the decency to send periodic updates or respond to an email.

That’s a loss in our community that I think the only real comparison point is Carl Cunningham’s theft from Philip and Rancho Obiwan.

But many chose to be enablers. Disney continues to renew their license. 3rd party resellers launder their product to give them a legitimate channel to sell their goods. People buy from them (whether directly or indirectly). Heck people limelight and review their products to actively recruit more potential victims (sorry I mean customers) for them. Respectable Star Wars sites and groups still post announcements when they offer new items.

Efx has shown no hint that they have reformed. The community has just decided to look the other way.

Nothing will change because the community has decided there is no negative feedback loop. It’s frustrating and sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro