eFX Darth Vader Helmet - A New Hope part 4

Reaction score
I find the whole "warehouse find" thing to be dubious, at best. if you're constantly "finding" stuff in your own warehouse (that you didn't even know bout), then what does this say about your company? if you can't even keep track of your own inventory, then how are you supposed to fill orders? this line was funny the first time (re: Luke ESB FX sabers), but they've been repeating this line for 16 years now (since MR days). I call shenanigans. this isn't 1946. I can't imagine such a disorganized "Warehouse". not in the modern age (where companies are run by "accountants"), where inventory is computer controlled and visually counted at least once per year -- I can't imagine a scenario where this would actually happen.

((and besides, how much stuff can they possibly have in their "Warehouse" anyway -- !!this company doesn't release any products LOL!!-- we are supposed to believe their "warehouse" is stacked to the ceiling, with 'new old stock', like an episode of American Pickers? LOL))

:p

"...oops! we make&sell SO many products at eFX, we ACCIDENTALLY ordered an EXTRA 1000 units of a "limited production" DV helmet which NOBODY in this company knew about, and they've been sitting here collecting dust for YEARS, and we just "found" them, in the mysterious/untamed/unexplored entity called "WareHouse" -- (and what's more, this happens ALL THE TIME!! like, at least, once per year!! like, Christmas!!) -- you NEVER know what you're gonna find in OUR warehouse! because we have NO IDEA how many "units" we make/order/receive, of ANYTHING!!!"

^^ read: the ONLY way this flies, is IF we accept that eFX are a bunch of idiots. who can't keep track of their own inventory. it's impossible, in this day and age -- that a company would release "limited editions" (of anything) and NOT be aware of "How Many They Made" -- ROFL!! -- I don't beLIEve this.

:rolleyes:

^^ IF TRUE: then these constant "Warehouse Finds", do NOT inspire confidence in their operation -- instead it just makes the company look bad.
((how are we supposed to trust their "edition sizes"? when even THEY don't know, how many were made, in the first place?))
---> they TELL US there were 838 X-wings made -- but WHO KNOWS how many are just sitting around in the "warehouse" waiting to be "found"? ROFL!
((apparently this "Warehouse" is stacked-to-the-ceiling, with, "who knows what"..? maybe ANOTHER 1000 units of the DV helmet..? :p it's a "Mystery" of Modern Accounting!! :rolleyes: LOL))

Last edited:

Mauricio

Reaction score
Nah... the warehouse finds are a plan to mess with your head and make you write 4 paragraphs of complaints.

Reaction score
complaints? "Nah.." :p just pointing out the obvious.

(re:"warehouse" -- that word doesn't mean what they think it means) :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait! Aren't they warehouse finds?
Evidently it was just a warehouse find (just like the Luke helmet earlier this week). But they specifically said it was a re-release of another 1000 units. That doesn't make me that interested in it if a product has another 1000 units floating around since I do prioritize rarity. If they would have stated it was a "warehouse find" just like they did the Luke helmet then I would have picked one up.

And I agree, their warehouse can't be that big...

Reaction score
Ha! Well spotted, Sergiu! I’m using the little plaque from the display base Hot Toys Darth Vader.

Reaction score
Ha! Well spotted, Sergiu! I’m using the little plaque from the display base Hot Toys Darth Vader.
Interesting idea, and it looks very nice. Personally I like EFX plaques and their sliding stands, in fact I like them more than MR versions, wish EFX had sold their metal plaque holders separately, as well as their classic mirrored helmet stands. Oh well.

Here is my Legend on display:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice, Sergiu! Do you have any other Vader helmets other than the Sideshow bust & Legend?

Reaction score
Very nice, Sergiu! Do you have any other Vader helmets other than the Sideshow bust & Legend?
I used to have the LE, but sold it when I got the Legend. Didn't care about the MR ROTS neither the Anovos lid. I also had a discussion with Thomas (SL) years ago, to get his helmet, but I was never a fan of the contract you'd need to sign to get it - the things I buy, I want to be mine, and to do with them whatever I want, not to be constrained by someone's rules. So I passed and never looked back. That is why I like CfO and RS Prop Masters no secrecy policy.

Reaction score
That is a nice helmet Herb!
Thank you!
I used to have the LE, but sold it when I got the Legend. Didn't care about the MR ROTS neither the Anovos lid. I also had a discussion with Thomas (SL) years ago, to get his helmet, but I was never a fan of the contract you'd need to sign to get it - the things I buy, I want to be mine, and to do with them whatever I want, not to be constrained by someone's rules. So I passed and never looked back. That is why I like CfO and RS Prop Masters no secrecy policy.
What kinda rules are in the contract for the SL? Are you saying you wouldn’t be able to share pictures online etc?

Reaction score
Great display Serg!

Thank you!

What kinda rules are in the contract for the SL? Are you saying you wouldn’t be able to share pictures online etc?
The contract has 14 lines. An example: "11. As part of this buyers contract, the Buyer is bound not to sell this SL ANH Vader helmet copy on any public or private forum, or on Ebay, or any other public or private auction or sales venue which would lead to a random buyer for the helmet."

I totally understand the reason behind all this, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. That is why I never bought a SL nor a TM. I want my property to be my own, not to just hold it, with whatever conditions imposed by a piece of paper. I can burn my EFX helmet tomorrow, or donate it to charity, and no one would care. I would never sell it to someone else anyway, because I rarely sell stuff from my collection, but when I'm dead I'm not sure my family would care about to whom it could be sold to. Some consider these helmets an investment, I don't, the collectibles I own are not an investment, just pieces I like and enjoy. There are better ways to invest your money than a replica helmet of any kind. And on a final twist, some time ago Thomas has disappeared from the face of the planet, not answering phone or emails, and still has to refund $ to some people. Ironical, isn't it...