eFX Darth Vader Helmet - A New Hope part 4

Reaction score
Well the whole thing with the anvos helmet is that it will be an ESB mold, which I don't think any other company has done a high quality replica of before. I personally like the ESB mold better, but I'm sure eFx will be better quality wise.( and will include a damn display too)

Reaction score
For $300 these will be quite cool for trooping (lighter than fiberglass) and for budget displays (compared to LE/LG helmets prices). Especially considering they will be reasonably accurate too.
Yes you're right. But for trooping I personally would prefer an ESB version. :)

Reaction score
Awesome, Modelzone are really good, and especially for pricing. I got my case from Acrylic Display Cases, cost around £85 but well worth it....mine turned up in a HUGEEEEE box about an hour ago, and does add a hint more quality to the piece. I was worried my mates will touch it up, so i needed this really. And compared with the MR ROTS Vader which is heavily based in clearcoat, the paint work on the EFX will so shine marks if handled a lot as the finish is almost matt on the dome.

Here's a snap not the best (dull day outside typical Britain), but gives you an idea :)

Hi Stormtim,

Does the Vader helmet fit inside the Detolf shelf without the stand/base?
(assuming based on the latest Efx PCR version)

Reaction score
they look great, and a very nice price also!

I am wondering if the special edition will be a limited / numbered run, is there a planned batch size or will EFX keep making them for as long as orders are there? either way il be watching development of this product with great interest...

Reaction score
A very good stand that you wouldn't expect: a silver paper towel holder I bought from Target. Don't have a picture handy, but they actually look much nicer than you would think.

Reaction score
This is a recreation of our Limited Edition
..whut? what does that even mean?

it's not a recreation of the a screen used helmet.. but rather.. it's a "recreation of the limited edition" from 2010 .

in other words: a "rehash" of the 2010 product. wow. just wow.

Many of you remember our incredible Legend and Limited Edition Darth Vader helmets back in 2010. The Legend Edition sold out in less than 4 minutes, in fact we actually crashed the credit card processing company's server! The Limited Edition sold out the same day! Now, here is your opportunity to get one!

This is a recreation of our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.
a "Replica-of-a-Replica" :whistling: OMG!! LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
it's a "re-hash" of a LIMITED EDITION. :p how is this, even remotely, acceptable to this community!? LOL

-===-

recall: eFX has vowed to never release a product that MR made before them.
this "re-hash" debate has been going on for 10 years, ever since eFX was first awarded the license.
many fans (like myself) have been clamoring for "rehashes" of old MR products...
but eFX has steadfastly refused, BECAUSE this community would NEVER accept such a thing.

"Limited means LIMITED", afterall :p

I'm curious to see how... [certain people around here]... will suddenly and miraculously bend over and 'change their tune' to defend eFX over THIS now. :p LOL!!

Reaction score
Those who are constantly dismissing the idea of re-hasing everything previously done should be PISSED at this news. :p LOL

Reaction score
I'm curious what this helmet is after all: a new-old stock item found in the warehouse like some other EFX helmets before, or a rehash/re-release of the old LE helmet. My friend will get his and we'll see what this is in the end

Reaction score
Given it’s EFX I wouldn’t be surprised if they've just decided to do another run of "Limited" helmets.

After all it’s a relatively easy helmet for them to make - all the prep works done so it’s just a case of getting the factory in China to churn out another thousand.

If true then it screws over previous purchasers - but hey it’s EFX!!!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
If this is not old stocks or customer service returns, and it's supposed to be a re-hash or re-release of the LE Vader, will it have an Edition size plaque?

Reaction score
The description sure makes it sound like they’re newly made...

But then if you go to the main website and scroll down to “Latest News,” it’s just described as their latest mysterious “warehouse find,” with only a few available.

So, which is it? A replica of a replica, or old stock? Seems they can’t get their story straight.

Reaction score
Those who are constantly dismissing the idea of re-hasing everything previously done should be PISSED at this news. :p LOL
Who cares really? You advocate for rehashes, you should be the happiest about this news. Sideshow does the same thing with their very high end items. Limited doesn't mean limited anymore.

Reaction score
I can't say I'm bothered it's another run of 1000 or if it's old stock lying around. I bought mine because it was the best version of this helmet available to me. If the original run had have been 2000 I'd still have bought one. If it is another new run I'll be interested to see how quickly they sell out. I'd rather see the Boba Fett helmet than something I already own but if another run of 1000 sorts their Cash flow issues and gets other things happening then I'm all for it.

Reaction score
Shipping starts at $300 and goes up from there for me. So, not really much different from what these go for on eBay and elsewhere.

Did some looking after someone raised this issue over at the RPF, I’m pretty sure the price is so high due to Fedex now using dimensional weight to calculate costs. Back in 2010 I don’t think they had implemented that yet.

Reaction score
I personally do not give a hoot if they produce 100 units or 2000 units or more. As I have said earlier, I collect to well,.... collect. If the value of my collection goes up, hurray. If it doesn't, no biggie. I have a total of 30 individual Master Replicas items (all prop replicas and none Studio Scale). And till today,I have no plan to sell any one of them. If I really want to make money, I am putting my money in stocks or real estate. Collecting is more of a hobby and personal satisfaction. In fact, I do wish they re-release some of the harder to find items so that more new collectors can enjoy prop replica collecting like many of us older guys. It helps grow the SW fanbase.

Reaction score
Who cares really? You advocate for rehashes, you should be the happiest about this news. Sideshow does the same thing with their very high end items. Limited doesn't mean limited anymore.
I'm Delighted :p

I personally do not give a hoot if they produce 100 units or 2000 units or more. As I have said earlier, I collect to well,.... collect. If the value of my collection goes up, hurray. If it doesn't, no biggie. I have a total of 30 individual Master Replicas items (all prop replicas and none Studio Scale). And till today,I have no plan to sell any one of them. If I really want to make money, I am putting my money in stocks or real estate. Collecting is more of a hobby and personal satisfaction. In fact, I do wish they re-release some of the harder to find items so that more new collectors can enjoy prop replica collecting like many of us older guys. It helps grow the SW fanbase.
Words of Wisdom B)

Reaction score
Great post!

Reaction score
How many of the real, long term collectors are into collecting for money? That is such a red herring straw man argument. We long term collectors are the ones who espouse the motto of Collect to Collect. There are more new movies being made, so there are plenty of opportunities to grow the SW fanbase with the new items when they become available. Feel free to jump in anytime and just start collecting.

TOS

Reaction score
I totally agree with you on that....

Reaction score
In Facebook I seen many many collectors who just got into the prop replica game and there are just not enough officially licensed prop replicas to go around. Hence the crazy Ebay prices. Yeah there are more affordable custom made non licensed offerings, but there is a big demand for licensed prop replicas looking at the prices on Ebay. Let them reissue some of the harder ones to get and let these new collectors and collectors who just got into prop collecting, the opportunity to buy licensed prop replicas at more decent prices.

Reaction score
If they would have just said that they found extras in their warehouse I would have picked one up without hesitation. But instead they specifically said they were making another run of them. Doesn't make any sense...