eFX Darth Vader Helmet - A New Hope part 4

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the right forum to be asking this question but for sure you're the right people. So I got a nick/dent on the upper bridge of the nose of my LE. It happened due to the dreaded magnet and widows peak slamming into the face of the helmet. Has anyone figured out a good paint type/brand of the gun metal color they used?

Reaction score
Try Tamiya Color Gun Metal X-10 acrylic paint (item #81510). It should be available at most online or local hobby shops, as well as Walmart. This is pretty accurate if you're looking for "touch up" solutions.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve had this helmet for three years sitting in its box. This weekend I got it out as I’m getting all my Star Wars stuff out on display.
I’ve got a few Ikea detolf cabinets but Darth won’t fit in that. Can anyone recommend me something as I don’t want him covered in dust. Any recommendations on cabinets and or some sort of glass \ Perspex case that would fit over the top. Do you have to get those made up somewhere or is there somewhere that would sell these for the Vader helmet. Appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve had this helmet for three years sitting in its box. This weekend I got it out as I’m getting all my Star Wars stuff out on display.
I’ve got a few Ikea detolf cabinets but Darth won’t fit in that. Can anyone recommend me something as I don’t want him covered in dust. Any recommendations on cabinets and or some sort of glass \ Perspex case that would fit over the top. Do you have to get those made up somewhere or is there somewhere that would sell these for the Vader helmet. Appreciate any help.
Try vicky.....they do great work. Not sure where you are from but they are from az....
Vicki Miller

Acrylic Designs, Inc.

2948 North 30th Avenue

Phoenix, AZ 85051

Phone: 602-272-9683

Toll Free: 800-209-4204

Fax: 602-272-9353

Plastic brochure holders - Acrylic Designs

vicki@acrylic-designs.com

Reaction score
Some pretty cool stuff there! Who knows if any of it will ever see the light of day!

Reaction score
Could this be something like their PCR cheaper helmets? No fiberglass, but ABS maybe - see the smooth interior of the dome?

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Maybe it is!
Did the ESB helmet really have those cut lines though?

Reaction score
From the efx fb profile:

Also, come by and check out our new tooling master (prototype) ANH Precision Cast Replica (PCR) Darth Vader Helmet. The master pattern was cast from the Rick Baker mold just like our Legend Edition! This is made in injection molded ABS. The MSRP will be $299 and they will be available starting in January.

Reaction score
From the efx fb profile:

Also, come by and check out our new tooling master (prototype) ANH Precision Cast Replica (PCR) Darth Vader Helmet. The master pattern was cast from the Rick Baker mold just like our Legend Edition! This is made in injection molded ABS. The MSRP will be $299 and they will be available starting in January.
Not bad. Especially for collectors who don't want to pay huge amounts of money for Legend and LEs.

Reaction score
Still don't get why EFX made a Legend and a LE instead of making just the Legend, have a higher edition and available everywhere, and then release this PCR version. Oh well, unknown are the ways of EFX.

Anyway a friend of mine might be interested in this cheaper Vader helmet, though only if not released in 10 years from now. BTW I have heard $400 price for it to, curious if this is it or $300.

Reaction score
Message from Gino on RPF:

This is the ANH Darth Vader helmet PCR.
It was made from a scan of the Legend master and will be injection molded.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the initial prototype as from several feet away it could just about pass for one of the fiberglass limited versions.
The helmet in the pics was the first attempt so improvements have already been made such as the widows peak, chin triangle cutout, and return edges on the dome. The paint job will be better and the lenses and mesh are just temporary stand-ins.

The price point for this piece is estimated to be $299
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

Reaction score
Anybody happen to have a lead as to where to get an extra square base these came with?

Last edited:
Reaction score
From FB 10.Okt.2015 The MSRP will be $299 and they will be available starting in January ;-).

Reaction score
The link posted is from a retailer in Singapore and is in Singapore dollars.
The price is still planned to be $299 and will come in a standard and brush painted version.
A more official announcement and pics should be coming soon.

Reaction score
I am a little confused on this as my knowledge isn't the best with helmets. I am aware of what the legend helmet is, how it was an exact mold of the original and the limited is way less quality wise, but what is this PCR version and how does it compare to the limited and legend editions? That is a very attractive price point for someone who has got back into collecting recently and doesn't want to pay those insane prices for helmets these days

Mauricio

Reaction score
I am a little confused on this as my knowledge isn't the best with helmets. I am aware of what the legend helmet is, how it was an exact mold of the original and the limited is way less quality wise, but what is this PCR version and how does it compare to the limited and legend editions? That is a very attractive price point for someone who has got back into collecting recently and doesn't want to pay those insane prices for helmets these days
LE was the same quality as the Legend, the only difference was the paint and a few scratches/marks that reproduced the original ANH prop. I haven't seen the PCR, but I can imagine that it will be a very similar mold, but the material and finish won't be as good.

Reaction score
The PCR is fabricated out of plastic while the LE are usually fabricated out of fibreglass. The PCR has no fabric padding, only foam is used. While the LE has better inner fabric padding.

Mauricio

Reaction score
What decade will these be released?
If you're trying to be funny, please stop it. The topic has been debated to exhaustion. It has been already said that most distributors are pointing as May/June as release date.

Reaction score
For $300 these will be quite cool for trooping (lighter than fiberglass) and for budget displays (compared to LE/LG helmets prices). Especially considering they will be reasonably accurate too.

Reaction score
For USD300 with the pedigree eFX is offering (Rick Baker mould) these are way nicer than the Standard Line Vader that Anovos is offering. The Anovos Vader is still not released. Looks like the race is on to see if either eFX or Anovos will be the first to give collectors a really nice Vader helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No wait, that's not exactly an apple to apple comparison. The Anovos Standard Vader it seems is fibreglass made and also more expensive.

Reaction score
We'll be making an official announcement with a lot more info very soon.
In the meantime what I can say is that from just a couple feet away this helmet could be confused for one of the fiberglass limited or legend helmets.
This project has supremely exceeded my expectations for an injected molded helmet.

Reaction score
Interesting!

Thanks for the info, Gino. As a Limited owner I'll be curious to see how these plastic lids compare. Hope it stays on schedule.