eFX Darth Vader Helmet - A New Hope part 4

Reaction score
I'm just a little confused here, and I hope someone can clarify; so, what happens if someone initially missed out on the Legend, then ended up ordering a Limited? Do they now have two helmets on order? Does Efx convert an existing Ltd. order to a Legend?
Just how does this work?

Reaction score
AyGeeDee said:
I'm just a little confused here, and I hope someone can clarify; so, what happens if someone initially missed out on the Legend, then ended up ordering a Limited? Do they now have two helmets on order? Does Efx convert an existing Ltd. order to a Legend?
Just how does this work?
364 people successfully completed their orders for the Legend Helmet and received their confirmation numbers. Instead of eFX cancelling 114 oversold orders, they went ahead and just honored them. Nobody received a "Congratulations! You can now have a Legend Helmet!" email and at the same time by eFX upping the edition size, nobody had to receive a "Sorry, you're SOL" email either.

Reaction score
LEGEND
1. Mauricio
2. DarthWaller
3. RichiePhoto
4. Xopolos
5. kaidoy021
6. Vader71
7. Outer_Rim
8. Tusken Raiders
9. Apokai
10. jeditopher
11. chrischob
12. ambasah
13. Gianco_Fett
14. Jack Fauth
15. demorathis
16. yodasan
17. Azuryte
18. Darth_Brian
19. DarthRage
20. r.p. mcmurphy
21. Medusa
22. rupert
23. IrishJedi
24. Jedi534
25. cruxz
26. oblagon
27. Foxer
28. JediMaster82
29. SirTristram
30. SilentMan
31. SolidLiquidFox
32. jcoffman99
33. Jedi_knite
34. TallShips
35. Tom_B
36. flapper97
37. Jedi_Me_77
38. teecrooz
39. Kompi5
40. AyGeeDee
41. andyfd
42. Steampunk
43. Hedji
44. darth_saber
45. Chris Wyman
46. mtho33
47. CommTech
48. DPrtp
49. DarthTad
50. Myth
51. MrFlavaFlave
52. icruise
53. myempire
54. darthinwah
55. Insanefett
56. Boba_Fett_9969
57. Darthrobbler
58. skoota73
59. lexomil
60. G_A_Thrawn
61. Msjedi36
62. TK421mv7
63. Ultimate Weapon
64. Vaderperp
65. poopsko24
66. Yeh-da
67. Only1Kenobi
68. DARTHZERIMAR
69. Rockola
70. curt
71. LucP7
72. Sunscout
73. Raiders
74. GromitFan
75. Darth Jaxx
76. bighead5
77. brewser
78. Dutchskywalker

LIMITED
1. Wolv3rin3
2. BenObi_70
3. Gianco_Fett
4. Moses_Kaldor
5. JediDave76
6. jediwatto
7. Darth_Finger
8. sithmasterjedi
9. Vitus
10. DarthShader32812
11. Azuryte
12. Xopolos
13. ScaryGuy (ToyPalace)
14. Woody
15. PittsPilot
16. Dunk
17. Reficul
18. LucP7 X2
19. shenphong
20. Zapcity
21. Andle_Pevan
22. Mark_the_Wookiee
23. xwing717
24. Chr2win
25. DPrtp
26. cruxz
27. DarthRican
28. GromitFan
29. Michael Ritter
30. DarthLuis
31. zenwalker
32. wildunc1
33. demorathis
34. Verbal21
35. DarthLuumzl
36. Spudmanski
37. ZVSITH
38. dfmaverick
39. Yeh-da
40. Vaderperp
41. icruise
42. Tommy_Windu
43. jaymac
44. Weasel27
45. Dutchskywalker

Reaction score
ambasah said:
has anyone else NOT received the email yet?
Is the email only going to certain people? Or was it a blanket email to the full mailing list? I haven't seen anything yet either, and I quite frequently get on the boards after getting one to see that nobody is commenting on it.

Could someone who has received this post it for us?

Reaction score
Here you go:

First, we would like to thank you for your pre-order of the Legend Edition of our ANH Darth Vader Helmet. For your reference, your order number is: XXXXXX.

Due to the very unique nature of this piece, with all the dents, scratches and other imperfections, we thought that this helmet would only appeal to a small group of fans, thus the edition size was determined to be 250 pieces worldwide. We could not have been more wrong!

And you ask just how much of his "mojo" does Vader still have after 34 years? Well, according to the stats provided by our ISP, we got more than a half million hits between 8AM and 10 AM! This, of course, was due to a combination of so many people accessing our website to place their pre-order and people repeatedly refreshing. Due to this unusually high traffic, there was a huge lag on the site and the shopping cart suddenly got hit with a surge of BUY NOW requests that exceeded the inventory. The pre-order was immediately closed, but unfortunately, this took some time to take effect. Also, it did not affect customers who had already clicked on the BUY NOW button. One customer told me that he waited almost an hour after he clicked on the submit order button for his order to be confirmed.

There were too many variables, such as connection lag, credit card gateway connection, ISP connection speed, etc. for us to fairly determine the actual first 250 people to place their pre-orders. We have therefore decided to honor all CONFIRMED pre-orders and increase the edition size to match the pre-order quantity. (If you received this e-mail, you have a confirmed order.)

We have finished verifying each and every pre-order and we have determined that the final edition size to be 364 pieces.

Please note that this does NOT include the more than 100 people who signed up for our wait list after the pre-order was closed.

As a special "Thank You, " we have asked one of our favorite Star Wars artist, Tsuneo Sunda, to create a special art piece based on the ANH Darth Vader helmet. We will include a full color lithograph, made by our friends at ACME Archives, to complement your display. For those not familiar with Tsuneo Sunda, here is a sneak peak of the work in progress. You can see other works of this very talented artist at ACME Archives Direct .

And that's not all! We are not only pleased, but very honored, to announce that Brian Muir , the original sculptor of this iconic Darth Vader helmet, has agreed to sign an exclusive plaque to accompany your Legend Edition!

Also check out Brian's autobiography "In the Shadow of Vader" Order information is available on his website.

Reaction score
Got the e-mail, 364 helmets, 114 more helmets.....still a low run but not 250 ES like it's supposed to be.
Adding a print and a signature plaque of Brian Muir is a nice touch though.

Reaction score
LEGEND
1. Mauricio
2. DarthWaller
3. RichiePhoto
4. Xopolos
5. kaidoy021
6. Vader71
7. Outer_Rim
8. Tusken Raiders
9. Apokai
10. jeditopher
11. chrischob
12. ambasah
13. Gianco_Fett
14. Jack Fauth
15. demorathis
16. yodasan
17. Azuryte
18. Darth_Brian
19. DarthRage
20. r.p. mcmurphy
21. Medusa
22. rupert
23. IrishJedi
24. Jedi534
25. cruxz
26. oblagon
27. Foxer
28. JediMaster82
29. SirTristram
30. SilentMan
31. SolidLiquidFox
32. jcoffman99
33. Jedi_knite
34. TallShips
35. Tom_B
36. flapper97
37. Jedi_Me_77
38. teecrooz
39. Kompi5
40. AyGeeDee
41. andyfd
42. Steampunk
43. Hedji
44. darth_saber
45. Chris Wyman
46. mtho33
47. CommTech
48. DPrtp
49. DarthTad
50. Myth
51. MrFlavaFlave
52. icruise
53. myempire
54. darthinwah
55. Insanefett
56. Boba_Fett_9969
57. Darthrobbler
58. skoota73
59. lexomil
60. G_A_Thrawn
61. Msjedi36
62. TK421mv7
63. Ultimate Weapon
64. Vaderperp
65. poopsko24
66. Yeh-da
67. Only1Kenobi
68. DARTHZERIMAR
69. Rockola
70. curt
71. LucP7
72. Sunscout
73. Raiders
74. GromitFan
75. Darth Jaxx
76. bighead5
77. brewser
78. Dutchskywalker
79. CoolHandHan

LIMITED
1. Wolv3rin3
2. BenObi_70
3. Gianco_Fett
4. Moses_Kaldor
5. JediDave76
6. jediwatto
7. Darth_Finger
8. sithmasterjedi
9. Vitus
10. DarthShader32812
11. Azuryte
12. Xopolos
13. ScaryGuy (ToyPalace)
14. Woody
15. PittsPilot
16. Dunk
17. Reficul
18. LucP7 X2
19. shenphong
20. Zapcity
21. Andle_Pevan
22. Mark_the_Wookiee
23. xwing717
24. Chr2win
25. DPrtp
26. cruxz
27. DarthRican
28. GromitFan
29. Michael Ritter
30. DarthLuis
31. zenwalker
32. wildunc1
33. demorathis
34. Verbal21
35. DarthLuumzl
36. Spudmanski
37. ZVSITH
38. dfmaverick
39. Yeh-da
40. Vaderperp
41. icruise
42. Tommy_Windu
43. jaymac
44. Weasel27
45. Dutchskywalker

Reaction score
I still don't understand what the big deal is 364 or 250, its still the Legend helmet we ordered, but now with a SE plaque. I am glad that the other 114 Star Wars fans get a Legend helmet that they paid for. You never know it could have been any of us. Don't be surprised if you get this helmet and its number 251 or 346.

*REMINDER* If you don't like this idea then you can always cancel and eFX will be more than happy to refund your money and to pass that helmet to some one else. Trust me a 100 people are waiting for it and it was mentioned in the email. I say eFX rules and I am glad they act first class!

Reaction score
MrFlavaFlave, simply NOT an issue, call me crazy but I would much prefer 114 of my fellow collectors to have a Legend, a Sig plaque from Brian Muir and an LE litho from Tsuneo Sunda over a lesser edition size ANY DAY, but hey, that's just me.

Reaction score
I ordered the Limited as that's the one I wanted, but I think eFx have made an honourable and the right decision by increasing the edition size of the Legend rather than arbitrarily cancel a number of confirmed orders to keep to the original 250.

Reaction score
It would be nice if the people who ordered an LE got something but oh well. For an extra $200 i would have gotten the Legend had I known about the signature and the Litho. Congrats to those who are getting the legend though!

Reaction score
MrFlavaFlave said:
I still don't understand what the big deal is 364 or 250, its still the Legend helmet we ordered, but now with a SE plaque. I am glad that the other 114 Star Wars fans get a Legend helmet that they paid for. You never know it could have been any of us. Don't be surprised if you get this helmet and its number 251 or 346.

*REMINDER* If you don't like this idea then you can always cancel and eFX will be more than happy to refund your money and to pass that helmet to some one else. Trust me a 100 people are waiting for it and it was mentioned in the email. I say eFX rules and I am glad they act first class!
I am confused. No one has expressed disatisfaction with the decision to up the edition size. In fact, most seem all for it! Who is making a "big deal" about it?

Reaction score
Not happy with the increase in edition size but doesn't bother me that much, glad more people can get in on it if that was the price to pay to have Brian Muir signature plaque..

Reaction score
It does really suck that they don't tell you what you're getting until after its sold out. I may have forked out the extra money for a signature edition. I wish they would just let us know what the plan is when it goes up for sale.

Reaction score
DarthLuis said:
It would be nice if the people who ordered an LE got something but oh well. For an extra $200 i would have gotten the Legend had I known about the signature and the Litho. Congrats to those who are getting the legend though!
well, i wanted the legend - but it was all sold out by the time i was able to buy it. so i settled for the LE.

....so basically i'm getting the double screw job.....

Reaction score
OH what a wonderful gesture eFX made for us collectors!!!
Really can't understand why they didn't raise the edition # on 10 000...thus they earn more money, and that way more of collectors could get the opportunity to own that legendary edition, so more people would be happy....
I almost forgot.....and to offer more shipping options, so that we non US customers can enjoy this beauty as well....no...wait..that way courrier looses the possibility to make more money?!?!

Reaction score
forcesensitive said:
OH what a wonderful gesture eFX made for us collectors!!!
Really can't understand why they didn't raise the edition # on 10 000...thus they earn more money, and that way more of collectors could get the opportunity to own that legendary edition, so more people would be happy....
Right,i'am not happy!

Reaction score
Jedi534 said:
I am confused. No one has expressed disatisfaction with the decision to up the edition size. In fact, most seem all for it! Who is making a "big deal" about it?
I am glad to see eFX looking out for collectors . . . once again!!

I’m also glad to see so many collectors sticking to their stated principles that it is more important that every collector be able to get what they want, rather then enforce an artificially low edition size just to make something more desirable. The edition size on the Legend still is pretty low even when it was raised slightly.

Reaction score
wildunc1 said:
It does really suck that they don't tell you what you're getting until after its sold out. I may have forked out the extra money for a signature edition. I wish they would just let us know what the plan is when it goes up for sale.
Exactly, the difference between the legend and LE is $200 which is worth that because it's hand painted and screen accurate, which I understand why the price is higher. But not only are you getting screen accurate, you're also getting a signature and print. So this just went from which helmet do you prefer, to the legend being a better deal. I think everyone should get a print at the very least. That way people who are getting legend are still getting exclusivity of a screen accurate helmet and a signature, which by the way is still a great deal. Just my 2 cents, I'll stop now.

Reaction score
I think it's okay to be a little upset about a 46% increase in edition size. It may affect resale value down the road, and people made purchasing decisions at least partially based on the idea that the Legend would be super limited.

That said, it's definitely preferable to people getting their orders canceled (particularly at this point). And eFX is doing the right thing by letting people cancel if they want, and by including the bonuses (although I do wonder if they were added specifically to placate people or if they had them planned all along).

Reaction score
Everyone needs to realize that the print and signed plaque were NOT originally included with the Legend Edition. Because eFX had server issues and over sold the Legend, they decided to fulfill all confirmed orders with the signed plaque and print rather than cancel orders and upset many collectors. So all the "I wish we knew about the plaque and print before hand" talk, should stop because we ALL had NO idea about the bonus.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong but when I read the complaints I read

"we wanted the LE but please give us the Signature Plaque and the print, too. We paid less but ofc we want it all even if we do not care about a print and a plaque otherwise"

Most people do not care about a signature plaque most of the time and would not have paid the 200 USD extra just for that. I thank eFx that they added the extras but I think these were done to keep everyone calm because of the higher edition number.

I personally do not care about the limitation too much ( though I can understand if someone does as 364 is not 250 and some collectors do see their collection as an investment especially in the USA ).

So I think it is fair they added something to the Legend and I think it is fair they did not to the Limited ( btw I ordered both ... ).

Reaction score
MrFlavaFlave said:
Don't be surprised if you get this helmet and its number 251 or 346
The numbers are random though. Doesn't matter if you were first to order or last to get an order in.

Reaction score
JediMaster82 said:
Everyone needs to realize that the print and signed plaque were NOT originally included with the Legend Edition. Because eFX had server issues and over sold the Legend, they decided to fulfill all confirmed orders with the signed plaque and print rather than cancel orders and upset many collectors. So all the "I wish we knew about the plaque and print before hand" talk, should stop because we ALL had NO idea about the bonus.
I know few more collectors who are upset (including myself)...so eFX...increase the edition number more!!!

250 is 250!
they better fix the website!
..so IMO it's not OK!

Reaction score
I have no issue with eFX increasing the size of this run; I thought the initial run seemed to small to begin with and this gives more members of the prop community the ability to acquire one. They responded in a very professional manner and provided some nice extras that they didn't need to. To those that are upset about the future value or increased edition size, you have the option of not buying it and getting your deposit back. There over a hundred people on the wait list who would gladly take your spot.

Reaction score
Now that this is settled I really hope they also go all-out and do something real special for the Legend packaging.

Reaction score
forcesensitive said:
JediMaster82 said:
I know few more collectors who are upset (including myself)...so eFX...increase the edition number more!!!

250 is 250!
they better fix the website!
..so IMO it's not OK!
As it has been mentioned before...

As per Bryan "Of course, if you would like to cancel your pre-order, we will be happy to and refund your deposit."

If you are upset about the edition size, sounds like Bryan just gave you a solution

Reaction score
Bryan did the right thing considering the circumstances.
Had eFx wanted a larger edition size it would have happened from the beginning and sold through just as fast, so definitely not a money grab situation which was a concern with the previous license holder.
A helmet with this pedigree is a Star Wars prop collector's wildest dream come to be and given the issues of order day, it may have cost any one of us our helmet order and that would be incredibly disappointing to say the least.
An increase in edition size to accommodate the situation is appropriate and definitely outweighs the perceived increase in availability and subsequent decrease in aftermarket value.
This Legend helmet is probably going to be the most sought after Star Wars prop replica to date and this bump in edition size will not affect the limited nature of the item and will have a minimal impact on aftermarket value. The additional bonuses are a nice offering that make the purchase an outstanding value and should be enough of a peace offering to settle down anyone who may take issue with the increase in edition size IMHO.

Reaction score
They can't please everyone. But can you imagine the storm of anger on these and other boards if they announced, "Sorry, because of our computer malfunction, 114 of you are not getting your helmets. We're very sorry, but we had to keep the edition size as promised at 250" That would be a PR nightmare. If I had lost my order, I know I'd be mad.

They did the right thing in my opinion.

Reaction score
From a collectors standpoint, I would have preferred the edition size remain at 250, but I'd hate to see myself or 114 other people (mostly scummers probably) miss out on an awesome piece they thought they had preordered due to a computer gliche. Honoring those preorders was the better option. Besides, anything under 500 is still extemely limited.

Reaction score
Hedji said:
They can't please everyone. But can you imagine the storm of anger on these and other boards if they announced, "Sorry, because of our computer malfunction, 114 of you are not getting your helmets. We're very sorry, but we had to keep the edition size as promised at 250" That would be a PR nightmare. If I had lost my order, I know I'd be mad.

They did the right thing in my opinion.
Indeed!

I agree wholeheartedly! This was actually above an beyond what they needed to do. The alternative would have been disastrous!

Reaction score
I'm still very happy with EFX's decision on the Legend. Very exciting to have a SE at no extra cost. Wow factor!

Reaction score
JediMaster82 said:
Completely agree

Reaction score
I remember seeing post about how some scummers were GLAD they got the Limited Edition over the Legend Edition and I am sorry for those international people as well. Now this post is becoming pointless and I am glad to get Legend Vader helmet with or without a SE and Lithograph. 364 or 1, SE or not, lithograph or not, doesn’t matter to me. Just give me that HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Train out!

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why reward people with a plaque and litho for possibly being upset, when offering the deposit and refunding it is more than a kind enough gesture? At the same time I'm glad that more people can get this helmet but lets reward everyone now who is getting this helmet? That's what makes me upset.

Reaction score
DarthLuis said:
What I don't understand is why reward people with a plaque and litho for possibly being upset, when offering the deposit and refunding it is more than a kind enough gesture? At the same time I'm glad that more people can get this helmet but lets reward everyone now who is getting this helmet? That's what makes me upset.
it's not so much "rewarding the upset" as it is compensating for "perceived lowered value" that upping the numbers might have on some, so the added artwork by a well-known Star Wars artist and a signature plaque from the sculptor of this piece adds more value to the collectible...though I'm not necessarily an autograph person, it becomes even more desirable as a collectble

simply refunding money won't make someone less heartsick when they thought, that though they did everything right when they ordered, they'd NOT get a helmet unlike others who did the same ...could've been any of us...it's only fair, plus 114 isn't that many when you think of the millions of Star Wars fans in the world that'd love to have something like this, but just can't for one reason or another...it doesn't upset me that there are more of our fellow fans who were given the same chance as those of us who got it by getting up or staying up, and busting ourselves online just to order it

You know in a way, I think it makes the Helmet even MORE valuable...I mean it's from a company that cares enough about its customers to do something like this -- ok it's great for pr - but it makes for a better collectble in that the company's image is even better...it's one that cares about the collector...and that adds value to the product when the company's reputation is stellar...

Reaction score
I don't think this particular problem has ever happened before with efx or MR, where the website oversold an item. I feel that's why efx is offering the plaque and print for the legend. Kinda like Hey it was ultimately our fault and we are going to try to do the right thing by our customers, honor all orders and by the way here is a few extras to show you we're sorry about the mess up.

I ordered the limited and I don't think knowing about the plaque would have made a difference to me but I'd love to get one for the LE.

Anyway we did see something similar with GG. Wasn't their a problem with the pre-order for the blackhole stormtrooper and maybe another mini bust. Correct me if I'm wrong, and a few people who thought they got one didn't. Man the pitch forks came out! And for good reason.

I commend efx. This was a bold move and I feel like they listen to the customer base and have gone above and beyond for us. Imagine, you think you ordered the legend only to find out your order is being cancelled and oh by the way the LE is also sold out too. People would go bat****

If you think they made the wrong move you're nuts. This was the best thing they could've done.

To Bryan and everybody at efx, Bravo!