EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Reaction score
So basically Mauricio, you take one word out of my comment and take immediate defense to it, when in all honesty, i was asking a question unrelated to the issues that they have had?

My apologies if the word "fiasco" offends you or your friends at eFx. I, like most here, have committed over $1600 to this company..up front, not a payment plan or deposit, and would love to have my product in hand. I was not calling them out, complaining, or saying anything others are not feeling. Shall I just call it an "issue" or "issues", or a "problem". I am sure that your friends at eFx may classify what they have been dealing with as a fiasco, personally.

I have sat by, patiently waiting for my helmets, not one complain to them or about them. I believe that their communication skills are lacking, based on the maybe 2 emails I have received giving updates in two years, but hey, all companies have room for improvement, correct?

I am very appreciative of the gesture of the Vader helmet, and again, have made no complaints toward them. As far as their presence here, it makes me no difference one way or the other. If they are not going to come to these boards because they take offense to their customer base's comments, then that seems petty. They should take it as constructive criticism and move on. Maybe you should not be so quick to defend them knowing that many of us have put a lot of money up for little reward. I feel I have the right to call it like I see it.

That being said, thanks eFx for the free bucket and I look forward to receiving my Scout Helmets when the time comes. I will continue to wait for you because I know they will turn out exquisite!!

Reaction score
I believe the correct term is: "EFX's Great Triumph of MMXVI, forthcoming."

And of course, since they turned out so nicely these Vader PCS lids shall be known as: "the Lesser Triumph of EFX, in the year MMXVI."

Hopefully this should clear things up from here on out :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I received my free Vader helmet today from the Biker Scout fiasco, but have not opened it yet. I got a second shipping notice from them for another delivery Saturday. Two completely different tracking numbers. The package sizes are different, as is the weight of them. Anyone else see this?

The one I received today says it weighs 6.1lbs and was in a box with the dimensions 13x13x13.

The one due in on Saturday says it weighs 8 lbs and is in a box 17x16x16.

I did order two biker helmets, but understood I would only receive one free one. Maybe I should not be asking this out loud because they messed up, but now my curiosity is running for what will be in Saturday's package. I see no one else posting about tracking for the Biker Helmet, so the mystery shall be unraveled Saturday.
The larger box matches the size and weight of the eFx outer brown cardboard shipping box of the ANH PCR. Sounds like you may in fact be receiving two. Which I think they should be sending you anyway since you ordered 2 biker helmets. Not sure about the smaller box. Let us know when you get it!

Reaction score
I thought it was 1 helmet per household? I ordered 2 legends but only got 1 Vader helmet. Did some people receive multiple Vader helmets?!

Mauricio

Reaction score
My apologies if the word "fiasco" offends you or your friends at eFx. I, like most here, have committed over $1600 to this company..up front, not a payment plan or deposit, and would love to have my product in hand. I was not calling them out, complaining, or saying anything others are not feeling. Shall I just call it an "issue" or "issues", or a "problem". I am sure that your friends at eFx may classify what they have been dealing with as a fiasco, personally.

From the Oxford Dictionary:

fi·as·co
.NOUN
1.a thing that is a complete failure, especially in a ludicrous or humiliating way:
"his plans turned into a fiasco"
synonyms: failure · disaster · catastrophe · debacle · shambles

I understand that maybe you didn't mean to be that harsh, but the meaning of the word is very direct.

Reaction score

From the Oxford Dictionary:

fi·as·co
.NOUN
1.a thing that is a complete failure, especially in a ludicrous or humiliating way:
"his plans turned into a fiasco"
synonyms: failure · disaster · catastrophe · debacle · shambles

I understand that maybe you didn't mean to be that harsh, but the meaning of the word is very direct.

From Disney's "Frozen":

Let-It-Go
1.When someone drops something
"Mauricio did not like the use of the word fiasco, but he let it go"
synonyms: drop it, fuggettaboutit, don't worry, be happy

I did not expect this to be a debate, it was a question...simple as that.

Oh, and for those who did not get offended by my one word, I did get two helmets which was more than likely a mistake on their part, but one I will accept nonetheless. Thanks again eFx for the free helmets and I look forward to receiving both of my Scout Helmets when they are finished!!

Mauricio

Reaction score
Ok... I'll sing like Elsa and will let it go... hahahahaha!

I understand what you're saying, so no problem. Sometimes it's frustrating to see that a great history of quality, attention to detail and customer service can be just forgotten because of a delay with a product that has been well explained. Some here make it look like EFX are fraudulent or worse, and that's terrible.

What about the following products that EFX brought to market: Stormtrooper bucket, X-Wing model, Clonetrooper helmet, Clonetrooper Captain Helmet, McQuarrie Vader Concept Helmet, Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber, Luke ANH X-Wing Helmet, Luke ESB X-Wing Helmet, Master Orgus Lightsaber, Vader Legend Helmet, Luke Reveal Lightsaber, Tie Fighter Model, Wedge Antilles Helmet... almost all delivered within the promised timeline and with great quality. They might not be in their best moment right now, but they're being responsible (PCR Vader gift).

Reaction score
cool, just having a little fun!!

Anyway, the Biker Scout helmets were my first and only purchase I have made from eFx, so I have no idea of their good/bad history. I just have this one experience to go on. I realize they make great products and are still around for that reason. They are probably hard working guys who have hit a "hiccup" or two and I am sure they have been working really hard to sort out the issues. That being said, my focus is Scout Trooper/Biker Scout, so this will probably be my only purchase from them and wish them lots of future success.

Master Yoda taught us patience.....so I will continue to wait with anticipation!!

Reaction score
Ok... I'll sing like Elsa and will let it go... hahahahaha!

I understand what you're saying, so no problem. Sometimes it's frustrating to see that a great history of quality, attention to detail and customer service can be just forgotten because of a delay with a product that has been well explained. Some here make it look like EFX are fraudulent or worse, and that's terrible.

What about the following products that EFX brought to market: Stormtrooper bucket, X-Wing model, Clonetrooper helmet, Clonetrooper Captain Helmet, McQuarrie Vader Concept Helmet, Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber, Luke ANH X-Wing Helmet, Luke ESB X-Wing Helmet, Master Orgus Lightsaber, Vader Legend Helmet, Luke Reveal Lightsaber, Tie Fighter Model, Wedge Antilles Helmet... almost all delivered within the promised timeline and with great quality. They might not be in their best moment right now, but they're being responsible (PCR Vader gift).
Thank you for posting this. It does get frustrating when so many seem to forget the history.

Reaction score
I thought it was 1 helmet per household? I ordered 2 legends but only got 1 Vader helmet. Did some people receive multiple Vader helmets?!

I ordered one of each biker scout helmet (2 limited and 1 legend) and got 2 Vaders. They came on separate days, one day apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. It does get frustrating when so many seem to forget the history.
I think most people remember the history. I know about much of it and I wasn't around until fairly recently. It would be wrong for someone to say that EFX is a terrible company and has always been such, given how the majority of the products mentioned were released without big issues. But I'm sure plenty of people weren't around around back then (just as I wasn't.) The only EFX I've known has been the one that took preorders for the Scouts years ago with no release date yet (delayed for reasons well-discussed before, no need to revisit), I've only ever known an EFX website that is years out of date, and I watch every new announcement of upcoming EFX products with a bit more of mixed excitement and skepticism (Millenium Falcon? Legend Boba? Legend Stormtrooper armor/helmet? That whole range of life-sized busts? The studio scale models? I'm sure I've missed some of the things that were exciting when first announced but may never see the light of day.)

As far as many are concerned, how things have gone in the past is much less important than the idea of "what have you done for me lately?" Any rational person among us knows EFX are doing the best they can, and there are no grand conspiracies afoot, but I'd be lying if I said my experience thus far has been all sunshine and roses.

I haven't forgotten the history, I look back at how things were and wonder, why can't things be like that now? Once everyone has their helmets I'm sure almost everyone will be happy (as we should be) and a lot of the harsh words will be forgotten (I hope.) We're all just anxious to know when that day will be.

Reaction score

Also, let's not forget all the Marvel replicas they've put out relatively recently....which came out awesome! But I hope they spend more time on their Star Wars license instead of focusing on the Marvel one and recently the BTTF one. I don't think EFX will be going out of business anytime soon as long as they are pumping out at least a few replicas from any of their licenses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, let's not forget all the Marvel replicas they've put out relatively recently....which came out awesome! But I hope they spend more time on their Star Wars license instead of focusing on the Marvel one and recently the BTTF one. I don't think EFX will be going out of business anytime soon as long as they are pumping out at least a few replicas from any of their licenses.
My wife and I have purchased most of their Marvel prop replicas which have been awesome. Looking forward to more that they have shown.

Reaction score
Please EFX, when are we going to be able to purchase the Special Edition version? I have already had a plaque made up and signed by David Prowse in anticipation of getting this.

Reaction score
My wife and I have purchased most of their Marvel prop replicas which have been awesome. Looking forward to more that they have shown.

Yeah we've also been purchasing all their marvel stuff, I've just had issues finding places in the house to display them because they are so large. I can't wait for that ironman helmet to start shipping, but I'd much rather have the Bikerscout helmets ship first.

Mauricio

Reaction score
Please read the thread. EFX gave us a free Vader PCR helmet to all of us who pre-ordered the Biker Scout helmet (Legend and LE) as a way of compensating because of the delay.

Reaction score
I would also be very keen to hear and see more info on the special edition!

Reaction score
Wow they really cleaned it up and changed the details....like the tusks.

Ban shredded cheese, make eFX grate again!

Reaction score
Please read the thread. EFX gave us a free Vader PCR helmet to all of us who pre-ordered the Biker Scout helmet (Legend and LE) as a way of compensating because of the delay.

Have these been sent out yet? - I haven't received mine yet ordered both!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I recieved mine a few weeks back, so yes they are shipping.

ahh, now I understand why you're feeling a bit happier about them. Since my post I've had a few messages from others to say they haven't received theirs either. I ordered my Legend Biker on the first day it came up for pre-order so they're clearly not sending them out based on order date.

I think EFX needs to send these out to their customers asap!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I'am in the same boat Jez,i think all international guys must wait some month more ;-).

Reaction score
On this forum quite a few of the US residents have reported receiving the Vader PCR helmets, I was in the later batch receiving mine. I think because we were all US domestic is probably the difference. Overseas is probably going to take longer.

Reaction score
EFX SE version - the C-scar looks bad (pics courtesy of jas070680 from RPF):

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
I think the regular PCR looks better when compared to this C-scar version. Maybe the C-scar can be cleaned up