EFX Boba Fett PCR Helmet

Reaction score
I wanted to give this update from EFX, since Rebellions are built on hope...
Untitled.jpg
I mean sure, let's forget these were supposed to be DELIVERED in November 2019. Per EFX, this is "great news!"

Reaction score
I wanted to give this update from EFX, since Rebellions are built on hope...
View attachment 341985
I mean sure, let's forget these were supposed to be DELIVERED in November 2019. Per EFX, this is "great news!"
Sorry to tell you this this but the next update on the 7th will be about how since no one was home on the 2nd, they tried to deliver it three days in a row and it ended up being sent back to the sender. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reaction score
It is good to see them delivering a product! I'm not sure if it's something I'd grab personally though. The shape looks good and the paint looks fine for a mass produced item but you can tell it's made from a much cheaper material as it has a "toyish" look to it. Overall I still prefer the MR even though I can never find one at a decent price!!!
I wonder how the black series helmet will stack up in comparison.

Reaction score
Thanks for the photo posts! Seeing it finally in hand gives me hope and makes me happy with how it turned out :). I won't say it was worth the (still) wait, but at least it will look good on my shelf!

Reaction score
It is good to see them delivering a product! I'm not sure if it's something I'd grab personally though. The shape looks good and the paint looks fine for a mass produced item but you can tell it's made from a much cheaper material as it has a "toyish" look to it. Overall I still prefer the MR even though I can never find one at a decent price!!!
I wonder how the black series helmet will stack up in comparison.
Hasbro will be a literal toy, this is made of ABS, die cast metal & machined aluminum construction . I would say if you are leery of the materials being used in the EFX version the Hasbro one is going to disappoint you even more. I will admit though for the price, the Hasbro one cannot be beat.

Reaction score
Hasbro will be a literal toy, this is made of ABS, die cast metal & machined aluminum construction . I would say if you are leery of the materials being used in the EFX version the Hasbro one is going to disappoint you even more. I will admit though for the price, the Hasbro one cannot be beat.
I may grab this purely because I am resigned to the fact that I'll never own the Master Replicas version.
I know it's silly but I like my replicas to have a quality "feel" to them and I know that is a subjective term but plastic / ABS construction with a smattering of aluminum and visible seam line gaps ( look above the left ear in the pics above ) don't scream top shelf collectible to me but like I said this will likely win by default and end up in my collection at some stage :).

Reaction score
I had the MR when it came out. Once someone on the forums pointed out the pinched visor, I couldn't unsee it and I sold it.
Thsi looks nice..very nice. I just wish the inside looked more finished. I definitely wouldn't count out the Hasbro. Saying it won't stack uo to this is way premature. If the finished product looks like what they've shown with the prototype, I will be happy.

Reaction score
I may grab this purely because I am resigned to the fact that I'll never own the Master Replicas version.
I know it's silly but I like my replicas to have a quality "feel" to them and I know that is a subjective term but plastic / ABS construction with a smattering of aluminum and visible seam line gaps ( look above the left ear in the pics above ) don't scream top shelf collectible to me but like I said this will likely win by default and end up in my collection at some stage :).
Understood, it's a shame we don't get MR overall quality anymore. But as Peacefrog35 said it did have the pinched visor.

Reaction score
Pre order thru sideshow.. Hope they get there allotment soon..I'm ok with waiting a bit as my wallet / credit card can't take it anymore....
As scotty would say. "It canna take anymore Capn, I'm giving it all she's got " Then the Wallet explodes

Reaction score
At least it is starting to show up! I think it looks pretty good. I like others have said would love to own the MR one but this will look fine in my display case with a proper stand.....

Reaction score
I had the MR when it came out. Once someone on the forums pointed out the pinched visor, I couldn't unsee it and I sold it.
Thsi looks nice..very nice. I just wish the inside looked more finished. I definitely wouldn't count out the Hasbro. Saying it won't stack uo to this is way premature. If the finished product looks like what they've shown with the prototype, I will be happy.
Really for the price of the Black Series, who cares? Buy both I say. Both look cool to me. LOL

Reaction score
The helmet does not include a stand, is that correct?
It doesn't appear to, which is crazy considering the cost. However, EFX acrylic stands are horrible so it's not a great loss. I buy paper towel holders that are made with metal rods and marble bases for $15. They not only work, but look great! Others on here have used other metal stands that look just as nice and are much more sturdy than any EFX sell or include now.

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to, which is crazy considering the cost. However, EFX acrylic stands are horrible so it's not a great loss. I buy paper towel holders that are made with metal rods and marble bases for $15. They not only work, but look great! Others on here have used other metal stands that look just as nice and are much more sturdy than any EFX sell or include now.
I thought of doing that too but was worried I'd be thought ghetto. I wonder if anyone Ebay has come up with some awesome 3d printed stands yet. I haven't looked.

Reaction score
The helmet does not include a stand, is that correct?
No.. it was never advertised with a stand however, it was displayed in multiple EFX booths at various shows with the acrylic plastic stand that everybody hates. Those can be seen on the EFX websites as well. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very cool. Did it not come with a plaque stand ? I miss the old metal ones.
So it came as a solid piece (that cracked) of acrylic and you then are too add screws too. The plaque holder was molded into the acrylic and you were supposed to slide it in. So sadly, no separate plaque stand.

In that instance, even a "free" stand was still crap.

Reaction score
So it came as a solid piece (that cracked) of acrylic and you then are too add screws too. The plaque holder was molded into the acrylic and you were supposed to slide it in. So sadly, no separate plaque stand.

In that instance, even a "free" stand was still crap.
Yea I am not a fan of placing the plaques on acrylic. I loved the older metal ones but obviously acrylic is the cheaper option.

Reaction score
EFX really spared no expense with the box. :rolleyes:
It is of the highest quality of recycled clapboard available..

NO expense was spared on the interior lining in the helmet or the vacuumed sealed blister tray either :rolleyes: YIKES

at least some artwork made it to the inner product box but so far not impressed....

Reaction score
That looks good and a nice low profile as well. I wonder are they avail in black marble as well?
I got that paper towel holder at Home goods. I cannot recall if the bases has different colors. I do recall there was an all brushed metal one and this marble based one. However, they may have expanded on them since I got this one a year ago.

Reaction score
That helmet liner looks paper thin.
I think the reason for that is the original Boba helmet did not have much lining, hence why you always see the actors wearing a padded cowl inside of the helmet. I could be wrong, they could just be going the cheap route (more likely in all honesty), but trying to give EFX the benefit of the doubt for once I guess.
IMG_6250.JPG
uYILFR5nD9yz5qx2ZTk0FL-Sk9hWQKZo7fLZEwgpqIE.jpg

Reaction score
BTW, I have seriously considered getting the Hasbro BS version for $100 too and getting a local painter who does custom helmets to make me the horned or eyes version of the Boba helmet from the book above.

Reaction score
BTW, I have seriously considered getting the Hasbro BS version for $100 too and getting a local painter who does custom helmets to make me the horned or eyes version of the Boba helmet from the book above.
It’d be a pseudo-Mythos Version of his helmet then,lol

But if you’re gonna get a $100 toy re-repainted completely to have a PP1, just grab a Wasted Fett kit and have that painted and then you’d have the ultimate helmet:)

Reaction score
I've got a feeling the Hasbro is going to surprise many. That said, I caved and pre ordered the efx from BBTS this week.
I agree, that's why I also caved and got both versions haha. Even though as I said, might modify the BS one.

Reaction score
I agree, that's why I also caved and got both versions haha. Even though as I said, might modify the BS one.
Where did you guys find the best price on the BS Fett? Amazon?

Did anyone buy the BS Luke helmet? Is it any good? I bought the Stormtrooper and it is "mehhh"..