EFX Boba Fett PCR Helmet

Reaction score
I just got an email from BBTS on this, saying next month. I want to believe, I really do. But reading this thread (and the $76 non refundable down) makes me say hey, let November arrive and see if it really is available. But I dream...that I could actually get this for a Christmas gift.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^ you've hit on a VERY important point.

ever since 1978 there was always a difference between "Lucas Star Wars", and the stuff that was written by other people. we used to call it "EU".

but now EVERYTHING is "written by other people".... so by definition, now EVERYTHING is "EU".... but somehow, we've ALL been brainwashed, into NOT calling it by that name. (heaven forbid).

I think the sooner we can all recognize that this is "all EU now", then the sooner we can all just enjoy it for what it is.

I enjoyed the Thrawn books in the 1990's; I enjoyed the Brian Daley books in the 1980's; I enjoyed Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978; (etc).

if we can accept these movies in that exact same context, then this would make it MUCH easier to enjoy Disney's NuSW for what it is.

but unfortunately, Disney's Orwellian Doublethink has taught us, "it's all canon now".

and this has caused a sort of 'organ rejection' among the fandom (like a human body "rejecting" a new heart transplant).

in the entire 40-year history of Star Wars, there have ALWAYS been "stories by George" (aka canon) vs. "stories by [NOT George]" (aka EU), and the fandom enjoyed BOTH.

but now we are told "everything is canon", and this places a HUGE amount of scrutiny on the NuSW. this makes it impossible to enjoy NuSW, at all.

IMO it was a mistake for Disney to declare the NuSW to be a continuation of "Stories By George" (when George is NO LONGER writing stories LOL). it's absurd.

this Orwellian Doublethink is not sustainable, in the long term -- it was only a matter of time before the fandom figured it out -- this stuff is NOT "Stories By George" LOL

if Disney would have sold their NuSW, in the same context as the Thrawn novels, then we WOULD allow ourselves to ENJOY it...

....but instead they sold it as the direct continuation of "Lucas Star Wars" -- this was a HUGE mistake.

ie: you are correct. this is NOT "Lucas Star Wars".

it's ALL "EU" NOW... and there's NOTHING wrong with that. :p LOL

for 40 years, the definition of "EU" remained the same -- "Stories by [NOT George]" have ALWAYS been labelled "EU".

we need to acknowledge this Disney stuff IS, by definition, "EU"

(this makes it MUCH easier, to enjoy it for what it is).

cheers!
This is a well written point, and I agree with it. EU was just that, be it the original Marvel Comics, Splinter of the Minds Eye, Dark Horse, Thrawn Novels, etc. And yes, in that context it was all very enjoyable, or you could pick and choose what you liked and what you did not care for and that was fine. By putting it all under the "this is cannon now" umbrella they ruined SW for me personally. I am fine with people who like the new stuff, I just do not. And for many of the reasons you pointed out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got an email from BBTS on this, saying next month. I want to believe, I really do. But reading this thread (and the $76 non refundable down) makes me say hey, let November arrive and see if it really is available. But I dream...that I could actually get this for a Christmas gift.
With BBTS carrying these, there's really no reason to PO unless you just wanna give them money to hold. Most would say there never was a reason before:rolleyes:

Reaction score
You would think that EFX would pump out these PCR helmets. Jango has never gotten a "higher end" licensed helmet for instance. While I prefer fiberglass I would get any Mandalorian helmets they make. (Once in stock).

Reaction score
You would think that EFX would pump out these PCR helmets. Jango has never gotten a "higher end" licensed helmet for instance. While I prefer fiberglass I would get any Mandalorian helmets they make. (Once in stock).
I agree, I would buy all three (Boba, Jango, Mandalorian) and even a Proto Boba if they made them!

Reaction score
I can't say I have anything really left in my Fett/Mandalorian wish-list, but an officially licensed Jango would be nice to own just because:grin:

Reaction score
Getting a fibreglass Jango Fett. I have been hoping for once since the prequels. Bummer that MR and EFX never got around to it.

Reaction score
Apparently shipping from Hong Kong in the next 2 weeks...

...apparently.

Reaction score
Of that's the case, we should see an image of an actual production sample helmet soon....theoretically.

Reaction score
Ended up cancelling my pre-order with Bait. Can always buy through BBTS if they ever arrive. If anyone is on the fence about cancelling with Bait it was a very smooth process. I paid with Paypal and got the Paypal notification of my refund the same day and it posted to my credit card within a couple days.

Reaction score
Wondering if I should cancel the Hasbro Fett and get this one instead.
Depends on if you want a toy or an actually entry level collectible. Hopefully, nobody takes that the wrong way by defending the “value” of the Hasbro but at the end of the day, it’s still a toy. And that’s coming from somebody who has all the Hasbro helmets so far. I just wouldn’t dare put them with my other real helmets.

But I also get it that some people aren’t as picky as me so do whatever’s best for you and your wallet, I suppose.

Reaction score
I've placed a few hasbro's with my other real helmets.
in this photo, the Kylo and Poe helmets are 'black series'; the FO trooper is Anovos; and the rest are all MR/eFX.

I'm not really a huge ST fan, so I have no real intention to go out and buy any 'real' Kylo/Poe stuff...
so for me, this was enough to "Represent" the ST on my helmet wall, without breaking the bank over it.

Reaction score
That's beautiful and no one would even really be able to tell. Is that the Museum Replicas Kenobi and Anakin costumes or did you get them made?

Reaction score
I made the Obi-Wan soft parts myself. the belt is from Claudio at Custom Props, and the boots are Museum Replicas.
Akakin's belt, tabards, and boots are all from Museum Replicas; the soft parts I made myself.

Reaction score
I made the Obi-Wan soft parts myself. the belt is from Claudio at Custom Props, and the boots are Museum Replicas.
Akakin's belt, tabards, and boots are all from Museum Replicas; the soft parts I made myself.
That’s a wonderful job on both of them. I have an Ep. 3 Anakin too but when I got the leather tabards sized to me, the tailor screwed it up and the projects been shelved for about four years now. You may have motivated me to finish it again.

Reaction score
Getting a fibreglass Jango Fett. I have been hoping for once since the prequels. Bummer that MR and EFX never got around to it.
Hey Jawa_Fong, who did you go with for your Jango helmet? I've been looking at the Bobamaker cold cast helmet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey Jawa_Fong, who did you go with for your Jango helmet? I've been looking at the Bobamaker cold cast helmet.

Oh, what I mean was I would love to get a fibreglass Jango. So far I haven't reached out to any 3rd party makers for a Jango

Reaction score
Oh, what I mean was I would love to get a fibreglass Jango. So far I haven't reached out to any 3rd party makers for a Jango
Oh my bad. I think we'll be waiting a long time before any licensed Jango Fett helmet is released.

Reaction score
There are already Jango Fett helmets that are available that are accurate due to their lineage available now.

Reaction score
Pre Ordering from SS is a no brainer. You get the NRD back if it gets pushed back from the initial delivery period. I wonder if they'll carry the Mandalorian helmet?
I'd say slim to none as Chronicle Collectibles is the exclusive US Distributor of it, for now.

Reaction score
Pre Ordering from SS is a no brainer. You get the NRD back if it gets pushed back from the initial delivery period. I wonder if they'll carry the Mandalorian helmet?
Most likely after Chronicle's window of exclusivity is over unless the helmet sells out. Limited edition is set at 750 though...

Reaction score
Can anybody give me a link for a helmet wall mount that you can recommend ? I see some on google search but they look cheap.

Reaction score
Reaction score
From another site. Someone asked Bait for an update on the PCR Fett and they got this reply.

”Unfortunately we have not been informed about any release updates.
We have been trying to get a hold of EFX but have not been successful.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and delay.”

Reaction score
From another site. Someone asked Bait for an update on the PCR Fett and they got this reply.

”Unfortunately we have not been informed about any release updates.
We have been trying to get a hold of EFX but have not been successful.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and delay.”
As usual: all quiet on the EFX front...

Reaction score
As usual: all quiet on the EFX front...
Agreed, it was supposed to be released in November (I got mine from BBTS). Now it says December on there. But after this last update, nope. So for people (like my wife) who thought they were getting me a great Christmas gift by pre-ordering in October...F-U says EFX. I'll be lucky to get this by my B-day in March!

Reaction score
This won't be the last delay on this helmet I am quite certain.
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
This won't be the delay on this helmet I am quite certain.
Chris
Not sure what this means, but it is already a month late. For people who wanted this as a Christmas gift (like me), per the above post from Only1Kenobi, that's not going to happen. So it is delayed already and probably into next year now per that statement.

Reaction score
Not sure what this means, but it is already a month late. For people who wanted this as a Christmas gift (like me), per the above post from Only1Kenobi, that's not going to happen. So it is delayed already and probably into next year now per that statement.
EFX is infamous on delays.