EFX Boba Fett PCR Helmet

Reaction score
Just seen this on a UK site :

http://www.amerang.co.uk/index.php?r...lter_name=bobafett&product_id=60785

EFX are pleased to announce the release of their 1:1 Precision Crafted Replica of Boba Fett’s iconic helmet. As like the screen used helmet the EFX version features a moving range finder which features functional LED’s as well as all the battle scars from previously collected bounty’s!
Features:
1:1 Replica
Functional LED Range Finder
High quality ABS & machined Aluminum construction
Master patterns cast from the screen used helmet
Certificate of authenticity

Can't find this on EFX's site though....

If the pictures are like the final product, this looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's worth it for the metal ears alone. I'll preorder for sure.

Reaction score
So we ain't getting that Legend Fett yet?
we are getting a legendary but we knew the PCR would be coming out first. I spoke to EFX at SDCC and they told me this. Legendary would be hand painted but not a huge difference. The PCR May be the better deal. Although I thought Bait Me would get it first. Seems plans changed. I’ll know more next weekend at WonderCon.

Reaction score

We see Boba Fett in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back as one of the 6 bounty hunters that Darth Vader hires to capture Luke, along with Princess Leia, Han Solo and Chewbacca. He tracks the Millennium Falcon to Lando Calrissian's Cloud City, where Darth Vader hands over Han, encased in carbonite, to the bounty hunter to take to Jabba the Hutt to collect his reward. Boba Fett meets his fate in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi with the Sarlacc in the Great Pit of Carkoon on Tatooine. The master patterns for the EFX helmet were made from a direct casting of the screen-used helmet. Also, the paint reference and even the timing of the blinking LED's in the rangefinder are based on an extensive study of the original helmet! SPECIFICATIONS: -ABS & Aluminum construction - 1:1 Scale replica - LED Lighting effects for the rangefinder - Master patterns cast from screen-used helmet - Certificate of Authenticity - Requires 3 X 357 (L1154F) batteries (included) - 4C printed box Weight : 4500 gram Package Dimensions : 38cm x 36cm x 38cm (LxWxH )

Reaction score
we are getting a legendary but we knew the PCR would be coming out first. I spoke to EFX at SDCC and they told me this. Legendary would be hand painted but not a huge difference. The PCR May be the better deal. Although I thought Bait Me would get it first. Seems plans changed. I’ll know more next weekend at WonderCon.
I wasn't under the impression it was going to be hand painted! That'll bump the price up a lot if true.

Reaction score
I wasn't under the impression it was going to be hand painted! That'll bump the price up a lot if true.
perhaps just the weathering will be hand painted like airbrushed. Legend Vader was hand brushed, and wasn’t significantly more. I’ll know more hopefully next weekend.

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few pre order prices in the UK starting at £650 and up to £800. These have since been removed so seems they’re still deciding on prices.

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few pre order prices in the UK starting at £650 and up to £800. These have since been removed so seems they’re still deciding on prices.
You wouldn’t be able to send the links my way would you?

plus - does anyone know when this is actually due out?

i love my efx trooper helmet and really want a Fett, but don’t want to wait years for it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The links were taken down pretty quick last week though I think someone just posted it’s up for preorder on a German site at €599.

Reaction score
Close to 800 US dollars for the PCR. Wow. That's high for a mostly ABS helmet. I'll reserve judgement till I see a production model

Reaction score
First time in years eFX wasn’t at WonderCon. Maybe because it’s so close to celebration. Well we’ll know more in 2 weeks.

Reaction score
First time in years eFX wasn’t at WonderCon. Maybe because it’s so close to celebration. Well we’ll know more in 2 weeks.
eFX will be at Celebration along with an exclusive Celebration pin that are exclusive to each vendor.

Reaction score
Such a bad rendition. Purified.
Bobas right cheek looks as big as his left & the mandible lines are too curved. Hope they don’t do this to the legend version

Reaction score
what would be the "material" difference between this ABS helmet and the eventual Legend Helmet?
Probably nothing. Ideally the Legend would be fiberglass (personal preference) but EFX uses the Legend moniker to denote it's screen used lineage.

Reaction score
What if you purchase one of the Boba helmets and the Scout Trooper Legend problem happens to you?

Hope you can wait five years...or more. Is it worth the gamble?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably nothing. Ideally the Legend would be fiberglass (personal preference) but EFX uses the Legend moniker to denote it's screen used lineage.
And the helmet is padded inside... hopefully.
But I have the signature MR helmet, I would never wait another 5 years for a Legend version.
Chris

Reaction score
And the helmet is padded inside... hopefully.
But I have the signature MR helmet, I would never wait another 5 years for a Legend version.
Chris
The MR Fett helmet is stunning. It was one of my favorites.

Reaction score
I was tempted at first, but I also have the MR signature helmet which is amazing! I keep it safely stored in it's box until I plan to wear it on occassion and would only buy the efx one to display all year...but roughly $400 is tough right now with so many other things I want to purchase.

Reaction score
The PCR helmet is very nice for the price point.

1) It's missing details. No thumb print among other details.
2) Diecast ears make the helmet a great value.
3) All physical damage that are "tells" from the hero helmet have been removed.

I'll be pre-ordering to take with me to different places such as cons.

Reaction score
Ordered. I couldn't help myself and don't want to pay $2k for the legend.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk