EFX Biker Scout release has been announced

Reaction score
Haven’t seen a single limited scout that *didn’t* have a large gap on the top and poor closure on the sides at “cheek” parts. On mine it’s clearly two issues: one is that they over-trimmed the gap, possibly so that it would have clearance when opening, but there’s too much space even then. Looks really ugly in any event.

The other issue with mine (and I’m assuming others to varying degrees) is that the placement of the hinges is poor, and so the angle it makes when the visor is shut is such that it could never be flush and clean looking I’m not saying it needs to be perfect but it’s not even possible to close mine in such a way that the black chin strap material that loops through is hidden. Again, looks really ugly.

I’ll be curious to see how the Legend version fares.

Reaction score
Mine closes pretty well. The biggest issue can be seen in the first picture where the line formed by the top of the ear is not parallel to the line of the side visor. Doesn't bother me much though because the way I've got it displayed, you can't really see the sides.

Reaction score
Mine closes pretty well. The biggest issue can be seen in the first picture where the line formed by the top of the ear is not parallel to the line of the side visor. Doesn't bother me much though because the way I've got it displayed, you can't really see the sides.

I know it's not the topic but man, that AT AT Driver is sweet!

Reaction score
Yep, that shows a bit of what I mean. On the screen-used pics I’ve seen, that line is much more continuous/straight from the back piece to the visor. The difference in heights of the *bottom* of the helmet also doesn’t look right, compared to the screen-used where it’s more even. I think that issue is due to the cheek flare- if I hold up my visor slightly to where it would rest naturally with narrower cheeks, the bottom of the visor is more flush with the bottom of the main helmet. AND doing so corrects the “straightness” of the line discussed above (the one running above the ears and continuing onto the visor, parallel to the line below the ears, and parallel to the line formed by the very top of the visor and the “bump” part on the back of the main helmet.)

I believe all of the cheeks probably are flared, and the way each helmet was finished as far as drilling of the hinge holes may have something to do with how well they close. Thinking on it some more, if there are helmets that DO close well, and the cheeks don’t seem flared, then it would make sense for the issue to be in the hinge placement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
November 10, 2018

First, I want to personally thank you for your continued patience and support in regard to the delays associated with the Legend Edition of our Scout Trooper helmet. Rest assured that we are still working diligently on the manufacturing of the helmet.

Due to significant quality hurdles, we were forced to change vendors and are now working with a vendor who we are confident can manufacture our helmets to our standards. Although production has not begun yet, but we are working with the new vendor as quickly as possible towards that goal.

Please expect to get periodic updates as we get closer to shipping the helmet, which is on track to be shipped in the first quarter of 2019.

Our (obsessive) dedication to producing the most accurate, quality representation of the original prop is the root of this extended delay, and we take full responsibility for that!

We apologize if you received this emailed in error!

I thank you once again for your continued patience.
Thanks!
Bryan

Last edited:
Reaction score
July 8, 2014 payment was made for my biker scout legend.

Coming up on 5 years. This has to be the biggest cluster***k in SW collecting history.

:mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score

Were all 500 Legend sets sold and paid for? If so with tax and shipping included, EFX received approx. $500,000.00 just for these Legends sets alone. Half a million dollars. Where is the money? Felony Grand Theft comes to mind. Why are they getting away with it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I was at Star Wars Celebration, Bryan was in the eFX display area. I was really tempted to confront him but decided that probably wasn't going to be very productive. I'll tell you though, I spent more than a few minutes thinking it over at the convention. It's too bad, because they had some beautiful helmets and models there, but you just can't rely on them.

Reaction score
When I was at Star Wars Celebration, Bryan was in the eFX display area. I was really tempted to confront him but decided that probably wasn't going to be very productive. I'll tell you though, I spent more than a few minutes thinking it over at the convention. It's too bad, because they had some beautiful helmets and models there, but you just can't rely on them.
Should have done it man, these scum bags get away with this because people for the most part don’t want to start static. I get it, also you don’t want to get kicked out of the con, but this guy deserves our rage, disgust, and enmity. He’s a thief, plain and simple, and a liar. If he’s so great like some moderators like to say why hasn’t he refunded everyone’s money and relied on how great he is to sell all the helmets when they are done? The only good thing to come from efx going down the tubes is geno is finally gone from almost all the boards. Lol

Reaction score
I think $699 for this helmet is a fantastic price.
Especially when you consider that it is the only helmet in fandom that has ever been offered that was made directly from using the original production molds that made the original helmets for ROTJ.
In addition to that, this helmet is incredibly complex and difficult to produce and manufacture. One of the reasons I believe it was never produced back in the day when Don Post had the deluxe line of helmets. I don't think it ever made it past the prototype stage.
And if you recall, back in 1995, the Don Post Deluxe Vader helmet retailed at $1200 and it had very poor pedigree and questionable execution. And a much simpler helmet to produce.
So here we are almost 20 years later doing it for much cheaper then they were able to then. And soooooo much better. B)

Lol I’ll just leave this here

Reaction score
Just as FYI--Don Post did make a deluxe scout trooper helmet. I have one, though I think they were extremely limited...I believe I have #2 on the brass plaque.

Reaction score
Just as FYI--Don Post did make a deluxe scout trooper helmet. I have one, though I think they were extremely limited...I believe I have #2 on the brass plaque.
Yea I know it’s funny how very few people ever called this expert out on his stuff, some did and it was always funny to watch him rage then quit. The dp helmet wasn’t bad and with a few mods even the cheap plastic one could look real nice. Better than the efx one anyway.

Reaction score
same thing is for their Iron Man Mark VII Helmet Direct Exclusive. Also 500 pieces and 900 USD each. Makes 1 Million for 2 direct exclusive helmets.
At the moment I do not believe we will ever see those 2 in hand. Maybe in another 5 years.
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
same thing is for their Iron Man Mark VII Helmet Direct Exclusive. Also 500 pieces and 900 USD each. Makes 1 Million for 2 direct exclusive helmets.
At the moment I do not believe we will ever see those 2 in hand. Maybe in another 5 years.
Chris
Has there been the same issues with these guys of not getting refunds? Perhaps time to sue them as well. I never bought anything from them, after the debacle that was MR at the end I knew what was coming. Anovos caught me off guard though, stuff was coming out and I did buy some of their stuff, but I have never ever preordered anything. No need I was always able to get what I wanted when it was released, preorder is such a dangerous thing in this hobby. Heck I was burned on that with non-licensed guys, so I learned way way back props and costumes = no pre-order ever.

Reaction score
And the next SDCC. And again there will be no news about the helmet.

If you are attending Comic Con, please make sure to come by and say hello ! We are booth 3635. We only have 1 booth this year (we consolidated into a larger booth!).

08.07.2019 was my 5th wait anniversary!!!

Reaction score
Same booth as C9. Nothing new. Panel talked about same lightsaber line just a different name. Sabers would be released in order of film and order of appearance.

Reaction score
The props at Galaxy's Edge are selling. I could Disney eventually do everything themselves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Items from EFX to be shown at SDCC in 2020.

Same thing we saw this year and last year.

Really sad indeed for licensed SW prop replicas.

Reaction score
Like the SW brand itself, the SW prop world is dying.

Thanks Disney - worst SW SDCC I can ever remember.
The SW brand is fine and there is more cool SW stuff to buy right now and upcoming then ever before. Just eFX and Anovos are failures right now and really failed collectors.

Reaction score
The SW brand is fine and there is more cool SW stuff to buy right now and upcoming then ever before. Just eFX and Anovos are failures right now and really failed collectors.
We must be living on different planets because there's definitely not "more cool SW stuff to buy right now and upcoming than ever before."

After 42 years of collecting I've never seen it this bad before.

Reaction score
The props at Galaxy's Edge are selling. I could Disney eventually do everything themselves.
Which is sad. The Galaxy's Edge replicas just don't seem to have the same quality/feeling that MR or EFX LE items do.

Reaction score
We must be living on different planets because there's definitely not "more cool SW stuff to buy right now and upcoming than ever before."

After 42 years of collecting I've never seen it this bad before.
Yea it’s a weird way of thinking. I’m way to negative and I know that’s a issue but I’ve never understood that way of thinking it seems delusional, the Star Wars collecting hobby is ina weird place sure there’s tons of product but very little good product and when there is good stuff it’s distributed so terribly I had to just quit. The props are just a joke anovos and efx and the new master replicas that seems to Peter out before it ever started (shock). Seems like so many no-brainer products never get made but hundreds of crap products. I just don’t understand it anymore

Reaction score
I guess if people are only interested in high end licensed helmets or limited edition numbered products then yeah it is not great for ya but there is so much GE merch, Hasbro stuff, high end statue, Black series figures, art items, Lego etc etc. You could definitely deck out a whole room easily.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those who went to SDCC, did anyone approach Bryan when they plan to ship the Biker Scout Legend, Star Lord helmet and Iron Man Mark 7 helmets?

Reaction score
Those who went to SDCC, did anyone approach Bryan when they plan to ship the Biker Scout Legend, Star Lord helmet and Iron Man Mark 7 helmets?
Totally get the desire but at this point why bother, right. I mean he would just lie, that’s what he’s best at, then he’d find something in the “archives” to sell to some idiot for ten times its retail price and then carry on going to conventions. I am shocked at the size of his, you know what’s, that he even shows his face at all these conventions. Some people simply have no internal sense of decency, they can just go on telling lies and stealing money and never feel bad at all. Return all the money to people who want it back and then no problem, but we all know there is no money left.

Reaction score
I guess if people are only interested in high end licensed helmets or limited edition numbered products then yeah it is not great for ya but there is so much GE merch, Hasbro stuff, high end statue, Black series figures, art items, Lego etc etc. You could definitely deck out a whole room easily.
I get what your saying for me I already have the only toys I’m interested in and that’s the vintage stuff, the real vintage mind you not the new stuff called vintage, current toys don’t interest me at all, if your into the lower end stuff you listed off then yea it’s a great time to buy stuff with the logo slapped on, but for me it’s just a desert out there.

Reaction score
I have been following you all for years here and on another forum.What i never could understand is how EFX will advertise something new and some folks just go bonkers,and want to get on the pre order list.Knowing full well that they will just lose money.