EFX Biker Scout Helmet

Reaction score
lol finishing up the tooling. THEN a pre production sample run to get approval. These guys are literally back at like square 1 with this nonsense.

I did some work on one of the Disney+ shows for costumes. I created 40+ unique concepts, modified based off feedback from LFL, refined them, got approved, created a 3d model, revisions, got approved, 3d printed it, got approved and delivered it in under 2 months.

EFX has been at this since 2014! What a joke.

Mauricio

Reaction score
lol finishing up the tooling. THEN a pre production sample run to get approval. These guys are literally back at like square 1 with this nonsense.

I did some work on one of the Disney+ shows for costumes. I created 40+ unique concepts, modified based off feedback from LFL, refined them, got approved, created a 3d model, revisions, got approved, 3d printed it, got approved and delivered it in under 2 months.

EFX has been at this since 2014! What a joke.

If you had a factory in China doing all the 3d printing, painting and detailing and then have that same factory mass producing it, you would have missed your deadline and lost your project with Disney+. And you aren't considering dealing with packaging, safety tests, etc on top of that.

Reaction score
If you had a factory in China doing all the 3d printing, painting and detailing and then have that same factory mass producing it, you would have missed your deadline and lost your project with Disney+. And you aren't considering dealing with packaging, safety tests, etc on top of that.
Jesse was making a point, which I do get.
I don't get yours though....Are those reasons for eFX be in the3 right?

Reaction score
I think he meant that if I had relied on those things I would have been out of luck and that maybe eFX should just try to produce stuff here locally.

Mauricio

Reaction score

No. What I'm saying that producing a prop for a show is very different from mass-producing licensed prop replicas.

Reaction score
No. What I'm saying that producing a prop for a show is very different from mass-producing licensed prop replicas.
It is but it also really isn't in the long run. Creating concepts, getting approvals from the license (ip) holder in this case both Lucasfilm. Creating prop, revisions, sign offs, delivery.

I have made molds and multiples of many objects in past work. I'm also a one man show that is able to do this. The sheer amount of time that eFx has had to produce the Biker Scout helmet and excuses is ridiculous. Mass production isn't a new thing and if I had access to their resources and bank roll I could wipe the floor clean with the likes of eFx. Most guys from the RPF could.

Reaction score
Still trying to justify their abhorrent business practices after all these years...

There is literally NO EXCUSE they have to justify the way they have handled this project. Furthermore, they have spent time and money producing others projects that have actually delivered. Absolutely disgusting. They've taken people's money - deliver the product and don't spend the time and resources elsewhere.

Not rocket science, and in no way, excusable.

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this, but this thread made sense. I ordered the Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster from Target and saw it today when I was picking up my Proto Troopers. I plan on painting it, and it looks like a pretty good option for a costume prop.

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this, but this thread made sense. I ordered the Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster from Target and saw it today when I was picking up my Proto Troopers. I plan on painting it, and it looks like a pretty good option for a costume prop.

Thanks for the link, got myself one.
Is it an adult size or undersized?

Reaction score
It seems adult sized, especially when looking at the pic and seeing how it fit in the scouts hand. It fit the same in mine when I held it still on the packaging

Reaction score
Just saw one the other day and immediately bought it. It seems full sized to me given that the blaster isn't very big in "real life". In fact I think the grip is pretty oversized which I guess is more in keeping with the movie prop. I can't imagine a kid being able to hold it properly. It's actually quite uncomfortable, and it seems Hasbro went for aesthetics vs. ergonomics.
I'll see if I can take some more pics tonight next to other things for scale.
VlzAezT.jpg

8PMyyxK.jpg

Reaction score
Just saw one the other day and immediately bought it. It seems full sized to me given that the blaster isn't very big in "real life". In fact I think the grip is pretty oversized which I guess is more in keeping with the movie prop. I can't imagine a kid being able to hold it properly. It's actually quite uncomfortable, and it seems Hasbro went for aesthetics vs. ergonomics.
I'll see if I can take some more pics tonight next to other things for scale.
VlzAezT.jpg

8PMyyxK.jpg
I just ordered that Mandalorian pistol from amazon. $20.99

Last edited: