eFX Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber

Reaction score
Available for pre-order now

Features:
  • $899 Plus Shipping and California sales tax (if applicable). For international customers, the price does NOT include any duties, taxes or fees levied by your country. FedEx will invoice you directly for those fees.
  • $299 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit required to place your pre-order
  • As Seen in the Star Wars Live-Action Series on Disney+
  • Full 1:1 Scale Lightsaber Prop Replicas
  • Worldwide Edition Size: TBD
  • All Metal Construction
  • Each Lightsaber is Individually Hand Painted
  • Modern EFX Display Base Constructed from Wood, Metal, and Stainless Steel
  • Numbered Plaque with Metal Plaque Stand
  • Prop Story
  • Metal Numbered Plaque
  • Certificate of Authenticity
Estimated to ship December of 2023/January of 2024

For the experts, aside from the price, no sound or detachable light-up saber, what will be the main differences between this and the Disney set? Help me justify the purchase, LOL!

Don’t buy much eFX stuff anymore - think the Luke Reveal was my last purchase. This is a bit pricey but I suppose there’s two sabers in this set.

Nearly passed on the original Dave Filoni signed one when it was released and so glad I didn’t in the end as that’s virtually impossible to get now.

Placed my deposit down.

Last edited:
Sorry for the naive question, are the two sabers of different respective lengths? Is that true to what’s on screen?

Nearly passed on the original Dave Filoni signed one when it was released and so glad I didn’t in the end as that’s virtually impossible to get now.

How much does that one go for nowadays? I have it too and I even have a plaque with Ashley's sig.

How much does that one go for nowadays? I have it too and I even have a plaque with Ashley's sig.

To be honest, I couldn’t even tell you. i haven’t seen one for sale on the secondary market for ages.

Considering when eFX first released that saber, Ahsoka wasn’t as such a loved character as she is now. I remember when fans disliked her when the CW was first released plus Dave Filoni’s popularity has rocketed also.

For the experts, aside from the price, no sound or detachable light-up saber, what will be the main differences between this and the Disney set? Help me justify the purchase, LOL!

I have the Disney set and sticking with those for the display and looking for a nice display stand off Etsy/eBay.

This looks really good. I am tempted. Of course, I mean this being eFX its gonna be super accurate to the screen used ones as they access to the screen used props.

The unlicensed ones are really nice as well but of course they do not have lineage. But they are usually installable with lights and sounds which this eFX shelf queen ones can't.

I don't know the Disney set but I guess they are hard plastic.......EFX are all metal and painted by hands......maybe that !!!

It still doesn't change the fact that when they use the verbiage "all metal construction" that's merely a marketing euphemism to deflect from calling it what it is.....which is a "die-cast" piece. Ask yourself, "How many other lightsabers have been done this way?"

Unless they come out and say this saber's made mainly out of machined aluminum (with brass bits-n-bobs) then again, I'm still firmly in the Saber Armory replica version camp. To each their own, I suppose.

About $3500 minimum if you can find one complete.
To be honest, I couldn’t even tell you. i haven’t seen one for sale on the secondary market for ages.

Considering when eFX first released that saber, Ahsoka wasn’t as such a loved character as she is now. I remember when fans disliked her when the CW was first released plus Dave Filoni’s popularity has rocketed also.

Last edited:
Having had the LE Disney box set, they are larger, made of metal and nice for the money. You cannot compare actual replica prop since it will look much better than the Legacy set. Just depends what you're going for. If you want accuracy and better finish, get the EFX, if you want FX function, go fan made or Disney set. I'm going for EFX. Also, considering the Dark Side Rey is $1500 for a double hilt, this at $900 is a steal lol.....

Having had the LE Disney box set, they are larger, made of metal and nice for the money. You cannot compare actual replica prop since it will look much better than the Legacy set. Just depends what you're going for. If you want accuracy and better finish, get the EFX, if you want FX function, go fan made or Disney set. I'm going for EFX. Also, considering the Dark Side Rey is $1500 for a double hilt, this at $900 is a steal lol.....
Agree, I have the LE set and in terms of value if you was to sell it the EFX would only cost you 200-300 usd.

Stop convincing me to sell my Disney Ahsoka sabers and buy these.

I'd pick up that dark Rey while you can.

Very torn on this one. Is this one confirmed to be a die cast and not LE?

I am a little confused. Is diecast material, inferior to aluminium or steel?
Diecast is not a material, it's a manufacturing process. Diecast can be made from various materials including aluminum and steel (although diecasting steel is pretty uncommon due to potential rust issues).

The question or comparison would be diecast vs machining. For higher volumes diecast is less expensive and faster, but has higher tooling costs. The main drawback of diecast vs machining is the finish may not be as smooth and details may not be as fine. There may also be a parting line where the castings join. Lastly, if it's diecast it will most likely be aluminum, which will be lighter than steel.

Hope that helps.

Indeed Diecast is an exceptionally high upfront cost in tooling. In the "hot wheels"hobby new molds are not causally thought of as the tooling alone are about 1M upfront. That cost is offset by ability to make millions of a new C8 corvette body style for instance for the sake of argument and once designed then pump them out in various colors and variants. That's how they offset their costs. Die-cast as stated above refers to the manufacturing process and indeed various metals are used, usually a mixture of pot metals. The drawbacks are seam lines (basically the halves) how they joined and bonded. Think screws, rivets and maybe even adhesives. You may have also noticed that EFX has not provided a top or bottom view because the seams will be visible and unappealing in the promotional advertisements however, at the last few shows a few folks have documented at the EFX both how they will look. I am not impressed however, one of those trade shows had an actual prop for the show on display and the seam lines are there. So...... it may be correct that her sabers are seamed and used that way in the new series. Just food for thought. I have not watched a single episode yet as they are slow rolling the series so I will wait until they have a few I can watch in a row. I have not decided yet wether to purchase or not as I really don't have the room and I have a lot of preorders coming in. In my view diecast is cheap and cheerful however, Once these start being delivered I might take the plunge. GC

Last edited:
Someone explain why the eFX Luke Mando version is viewed as great because it is screen accurate with it's huge emitter area, but these Ahsoka lightsabers are not ok because they are die-cast even though that is accurate to the screen version. 🤷‍♀️

If there are seam lines I guess it won’t matter too much since they’ll just be sitting on display. But I guess it may bug me a bit knowing that they’re there.

Ah I see. I learn something new everyday. So diecast is more of a process. I personally am Ok with the seam line if the ACTUAL prop also has that. I am all for it to look like the actual prop.

This is a controversial subject as old as prop replicas themselves. There is no right or wrong answer but I fall in the idealized camp myself. Why? Because at the end of the day you aren’t owning the original prop. You are owning a replica and even the most limited versions are still going to have at least 500 plus of them made. They are mass produced in a factory in China. So with that out of the way I have no illusions of what I own. And if it’s just a replica I have no interest in owning a terrible quality cheap piece of junk thst the effects department threw together under tight budget and tighter time constraints knowing CGI is going to be doing the heavy lifting anyway.

If you are asking me to pay a thousand dollars plus then I don’t want corners cut and cheap materials used to maximize profit margins while selling me a bill of goods that it’s all for “screen accuracy.”

Master Replicas is still the class of Star Wars prop replicas and they never used this excuse to avoid giving us the best quality replicas ever made. EFX did the same with Ahsoka and Luke Reveal and Dark Rey.

Now they are changing their business model and justifying it by saying it was diecast on set. And if for some reason they used PVC and plastic on set because everything is CGI nowadays are we going to be charged 1000 dollars for a plastic hilt in the future becaus that is true to the screen used model?

I want these limited edition prop replicas to be machined aluminum with loving care and detail. It’s sad that we are being charged over triple the price of the old MR and EFX hilts for diecast quality that is associated with cheap mass produced toys.

I don’t like it and I never will.

Someone explain why the eFX Luke Mando version is viewed as great because it is screen accurate with it's huge emitter area, but these Ahsoka lightsabers are not ok because they are die-cast even though that is accurate to the screen version. 🤷‍♀️

As far as I’m concerned I don’t think the EFX Luke Mando is great at all and I hate the large emitter because it reminds me of the Disney Galaxy’s Edge mass produced tourist trap Legacy hilts. They are the best souvenirs you can buy at Disneyland or Magic Kingdom but I would never display them as a collectible.

This version isn’t in the same galaxy as the MR V2 weathered or pristine V1 and not even the same level as the EFX reveal.

I want to own Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber … not the cheap prop they used to shoot the scene on set.

But that’s just me.

As far as I’m concerned I don’t think the EFX Luke Mando is great at all and I hate the large emitter because it reminds me of the Disney Galaxy’s Edge mass produced tourist trap Legacy hilts. They are the best souvenirs you can buy at Disneyland or Magic Kingdom but I would never display them as a collectible.

This version isn’t in the same galaxy as the MR V2 weathered or pristine V1 and not even the same level as the EFX reveal.

I want to own Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber … not the cheap prop they used to shoot the scene on set.

But that’s just me.
Get your point, but as you stated MR and even Efx have already produced like 4 versions of this Lightsaber in Le or SE Versions. So to me it makes perfect sense to have a different approach and maybe even show with this lightsaber that it is not CGI anymore but Neopixel lightsabers they are battling with onscreen which is interesting in my opinion.
If you want a perfect interpretation of that lightsaber go with MR LE or EE or Efx Reveal and that‘s perfectly fine. But this prop replica just tells a different story of how the shows are produced nowadays.

But that’s just me.
I don’t think this tried to be the MR v2 or the Hero v1 Elite Edition (which, by the way, is better than The EFX reveal). I think the Mando Luke is good for what it is, and it is screen accurate. Completionists, Luke fans, and those that missed out on the MR versions have to be thankful to have this one as an option.
Get your point, but as you stated MR and even Efx have already produced like 4 versions of this Lightsaber in Le or SE Versions. So to me it makes perfect sense to have a different approach and maybe even show with this lightsaber that it is not CGI anymore but Neopixel lightsabers they are battling with onscreen which is interesting in my opinion.
If you want a perfect interpretation of that lightsaber go with MR LE or EE or Efx Reveal and that‘s perfectly fine. But this prop replica just tells a different story of how the shows are produced nowadays.
This is also post-RTOJ version of Luke’s hero. Excited for it (having originally been skeptical).

Also I jumped in using my sideshow points. A 500 WW is low and I did not want to pay aftermarket prices later. Should have would have could have was key in my decision as well.

500 is way lower than I thought. That’s an excellent edition size actually. But also a little troubling because it gives you a hint about the overall demand out there for a piece like this. I wonder what the demand would be for Darksaber or looking down the line if they still have the license where we sit for a Kylo Ren, Rey, and Leia hilts from sequel trilogy? Propshop doesn’t really count as they never really got off the ground before losing it all.

Yeah its kinda insane how EFX has not done Kylo Ren, Rey, and Leia hilts. Hilts that would sell really well, but they do mando props. They are moving at a very slow pace while other companies announce 5 different items a month.

500 is way lower than I thought. That’s an excellent edition size actually. But also a little troubling because it gives you a hint about the overall demand out there for a piece like this. I wonder what the demand would be for Darksaber or looking down the line if they still have the license where we sit for a Kylo Ren, Rey, and Leia hilts from sequel trilogy? Propshop doesn’t really count as they never really got off the ground before losing it all.
I was surprised at the edition size as well. It is low.

Maybe a weather vane reflecting the current state of the franchise? Certainly the current state of Hasbro is a window here as well considering they laid off a good chunk of their employees late last year. Hmmm....I wonder why....just can't put my finger on it....:unsure:

Maybe a weather vane reflecting the current state of the franchise? Certainly the current state of Hasbro is a window here as well considering they laid off a good chunk of their employees late last year. Hmmm....I wonder why....just can't put my finger on it....:unsure:
Neither can I, lots of possibilities. HOWEVER, EFX is producing and delivering product which just a short 3 years ago was a problem.

Back