Eeth Koth - CW51

GNT

Reaction score

Eeth Koth makes a return to the Star Wars franchise in the 2nd season episode "Grievous Intrigue" where he gets taken captive by General Grievous and held hostage.

Hasbro could release him with the containment field, so the device and blue electric stuff to hold him in place. Could make a very interesting figure.

Anyone up for seeing Eeth Koth released in the Clone Wars toyline?

Reaction score
Re: Eeth Koth

Yeah I'm keen for him. I like the way they do the Jedi. They need to do them all with the clones. Now we need a Saesee Tiin.

Reaction score

Yep, this would be a highlight figure for me, because I've always dug his look. The old POTJ version is still one of my most favourite figures too.
Hopefully this version comes with better articulation.

Reaction score

i love the character and the design, bring him on!

but pls hasbro, can you start putting knees on some if not all of the male jedi on the first try? we love nahdar, make more like him.

G

Pretty sure hasbro already has him in the works. They make figures of every jedi so don't be doubtful. He will be a nice addition.

GNT

Reaction score

Hasbro does tend to release Jedi, by releasing A Jedi Hasbro can then release their Clone trooper commander and clones. Besides it's the only thing going for the line besides the clones since we don't have to many other villains yet.

Reaction score

This is tops on my list. Eeth Koth has been a favorite Jedi of mine since TPM. I love his look in the animated series.

Reaction score

Bring him on.

I was really expecting him to die in this episode, since we know him and Galia die before Sith.

Reaction score

I certainly buy him if hes made, hes one Jedi that hasnt been used in stories much. Hopefully he returns in future CW episodes.

Reaction score

I think he will return in future eps since he is a council member and all. His animated version looks really cool. Bring on The Koth!

I also like the way that they make him sound East Indian. An East Indian accent hints of wisdom due when it isn't used comically.

Dom

Reaction score

GNT said:
Hasbro does tend to release Jedi, by releasing A Jedi Hasbro can then release their Clone trooper commander and clones. Besides it's the only thing going for the line besides the clones since we don't have to many other villains yet.
Yeah we do seem to get all the Jedi and Clones, but the line is seriously lacking on bad guys. They need to keep the troop builders in the assortments and maybe some battle packs in the same vein.

Reaction score

Dom said:
but the line is seriously lacking on bad guys.
Maybe I am missing something here, but how are we seriously lacking in bad guys? We have three types of Battle Droids, two types of Commando Droids, two types of Super Battle Droids, a MagnaGuard, Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Whorm Loathsom, Jabba the Hutt, Hondo Ohnaka, TX-20 and General Grievous. How may other bad guys are we missing? I can think of some, such as Wat Tambor, Nuvo Vindi, Lok Durd and Mar Tuuk. But I would not say that we are seriously lacking in bad guys.

Reaction score

He is almost a guarantee to be made. He is now high on my list of wants.

Reaction score

Hopefully if Eeth Koth is made later this year, Captain Lock will follow soon after. He is only a Commander Cody repainted anyway as far as i can tell from the episode.

Reaction score

There is no doubt that Eeth Koth will get made. It is just a matter of when. When I was looking at him during the episode, I kept wondering if they would use a Mace Windu body for him. It almost looks like they could pull it off with just a new head sculpt.

Reaction score

bskcase said:
There is no doubt that Eeth Koth will get made. It is just a matter of when. When I was looking at him during the episode, I kept wondering if they would use a Mace Windu body for him. It almost looks like they could pull it off with just a new head sculpt.
If they did use the Mace body, it would be a great opportunity to add leg articulation.

Reaction score

bskcase said:
Koth is noticeably heavier than Mace, and his robes extend to the floor. So, they will need to do a new sculpt for Koth.

Reaction score

Dom said:
GNT said:
Yeah we do seem to get all the Jedi and Clones, but the line is seriously lacking on bad guys. They need to keep the troop builders in the assortments and maybe some battle packs in the same vein.
yes, we need to start seeing those bounty hunters ASAP

Dom

Reaction score

RegJr said:
Dom said:
Maybe I am missing something here, but how are we seriously lacking in bad guys? We have three types of Battle Droids, two types of Commando Droids, two types of Super Battle Droids, a MagnaGuard, Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Whorm Loathsom, Jabba the Hutt, Hondo Ohnaka, TX-20 and General Grievous. How may other bad guys are we missing? I can think of some, such as Wat Tambor, Nuvo Vindi, Lok Durd and Mar Tuuk. But I would not say that we are seriously lacking in bad guys.
I meant more as a ratio to hero figures. Its usually 3 - 1, its possibly more to do with my frustrations with the show at the moment.

Reaction score

RegJr said:
bskcase said:
Koth is noticeably heavier than Mace, and his robes extend to the floor. So, they will need to do a new sculpt for Koth.
Hasbro could use Mace's body for Eeth Koth if needed, give him a cloth skirt and different articulated legs with a new head sculpt. Repainted upper body in lighter colour. I think he would look pretty good.

They could even do the same thing for Sora Bulq, as he looked quite similar to Mace in the Grievous Intrigue episode anyway.

Reaction score

Dom said:
RegJr said:
Dom said:
I meant more as a ratio to hero figures. Its usually 3 - 1, its possibly more to do with my frustrations with the show at the moment.
we need more baddies that can throw a real challenge to those folks with the force and the lightsabers
which is why the show is coming up with seriously violent bounty hunters and mandalorians, yipee!

Reaction score

Werd to that! You just can't go wrong with Bounty Hunters in Star Wars! Especially if they're tattoo-faced, Zabrak Road-Warrior babes!

I hope she gets a decent role in the series, cause she looks baaaaaaad!

Reaction score

That Zabrak Bounty Hunter looks cool, cant wait for the episode with her in it, im hoping for another few episodes with Bane and his gang of fellow BHs.

Dom

Reaction score

capt_kulas said:
Dom said:
RegJr said:
Dom said:
we need more baddies that can throw a real challenge to those folks with the force and the lightsabers
which is why the show is coming up with seriously violent bounty hunters and mandalorians, yipee!
Yeah the bounty hunters will help and the Mando`s maybe cool if GL gives them their [censored] back.

Reaction score

If they confirm this, then he'll go straight to the top of my Clone Wars wants.

I was so pleased to find out that they'd be using his character again - nice to have a Jedi whose fate isn't yet set in stone.

Reaction score

Dom said:
Yeah the bounty hunters will help and the Mando`s maybe cool if GL gives them their [censored] back.
What on earth are you talking about?

Reaction score

Meh.. Never cared for him. Him+Clones= BP buy

Reaction score

This could be a great figure. Also, I'd like to see the Rodian Jedi that was seen earlier in Season Two.

GNT

Reaction score

CC2287Beejay said:
As long as he has better articulation then this monstrosity, I'm laughing!
Thankfully Hasbro stopped with the action poses long ago, I trust they'll release a nice figure on par with the other Jedi CW figures.

Reaction score

GNT said:
CC2287Beejay said:
As long as he has better articulation then this monstrosity, I'm laughing!
Thankfully Hasbro stopped with the action poses long ago, I trust they'll release a nice figure on par with the other Jedi CW figures.
O Rly?
[image]http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/Basic/14plokoon/TCW-274.jpg[/image]

Reaction score

matt292 said:
nice to have a Jedi whose fate isn't yet set in stone.
Actually, both he and Adi Galia die before Sith. Which is why they aren't members of the Jedi Council during Sith.

Wish I could remember where I read it...Star Wars Insider I think.

GNT

Reaction score

FDOI_Rex said:
O Rly?
[image]http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/Basic/14plokoon/TCW-274.jpg[/image]
"Oh really"

Plo Koon only suffers from wide legs, due to his articulated arms he can still be positioned normally in any diorama. I don't know if you were around in the POTJ-Saga era of collecting but a few figures suffered from extreme posing such as Eeth Koth (above) and some of the Jedi women released in the Saga line. Now the difference here is that these figures were stuck in whatever crappy pose Hasbro wanted them in and they weren't much good for anything else. At least with Plo he can be moved without being retarded looking unlike Eeth.

Reaction score

JoeDarkfall said:
matt292 said:
nice to have a Jedi whose fate isn't yet set in stone.
Actually, both he and Adi Galia die before Sith. Which is why they aren't members of the Jedi Council during Sith.

Wish I could remember where I read it...Star Wars Insider I think.
Not necessarily - just because Koth isn't on the Council in ROTS, doesn't mean he dies - it's plausible that his term simply ended. We do not know for sure what exactly happens to Eeth Koth - he was said to have died during the Battle of Geonosis, but this series clearly contradicts that fact. There is no source material available giving any details about Koth's fate following AOTC, so his fate is not set in stone. You are, however, right about Gallia - she does die prior to ROTS (this is depicted in a Republic comic, but it remains to be seen whether or not this CW series alters her fate).

Reaction score

Eeth Koth was scripted to die on Geonosis, but Lucas simply ignored that because it wasnt seen on screen - so we actually dont know the fate of Eeth at this point, I imagine though we'll see him die in the CW series. As for Adi Gallia, her death is documented in a comic book, so there is a visual of her demise - at the hands of General Grievous.

By the way - I certainly want a figure of Eeth - hopefully he isnt too far away.

Reaction score

This would be cool if made. Grievous was really torturing him. Need more of that in this series.

Reaction score

I am all for this character and Agen Kolar in fact being made in the Clone Wars Animated style, it's the only way I will buy them.