ebay vintagestarwarscollectibles aka Erik Sprague

Reaction score
I like to know what provoked the response you gave him “I’m not the kinda guy you wanna f*ck with I promise you. I have a lot of time and money”. That’s a serious threat over a figure that I can clearly see has a slight warp in the auction pictures.
I know, right? Yikes. A statement/threat that lands somewhere between childish and cringeworthy on the 'nutiness scale'. :wtf:

Kind of the antithesis of the actual point​ of the hobby, eh? (IE: Fun.)

Reaction score
I know, right? Yikes. A statement/threat that lands somewhere between childish and cringeworthy on the 'nutiness scale'. :wtf:

Kind of the antithesis of the actual point​ of the hobby, eh? (IE: Fun.)
Yes ripping people off is the antithesis of the hobby. I just realized we’re arguing about a guy that was banned from the site for
unethical practices. Seems kind of pointless. I said my piece. If anyone scams me
im coming for them and I’m not ashamed of that.

Reaction score
You backdoor the original buyer and buy from Erik "the Plague" Prague, and you'd expect to have good karma...?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You backdoor the original buyer and buy from Erik "the Plague" Prague, and you'd expect to have good karma...?
As the matriarchs of my family would often say: "Always remember; Karma is only a b**** if YOU are."
;)

Reaction score
How did I backdoor the original buyer when there was no original buyer. He said he would check with the original buyer and get back to me if he said it was ok. Ive gone over this here multiple times. You guys still believe anything Erik says. Have you not figured out he is a pathological liar?? He also said after the fact that he has two or three people lined up to buy it for the same price. So why deal with the hassle of the dispute?

Reaction score
https://ibb.co/YW2t6h2

See here where he explains hes "allowed" to list it while the guy is paying for it. Makes no sense in hindsight but like i said lesson learned in dealing with a scumbag.

Reaction score
So that’s how it is around here? You buy a grade and if there’s something wrong with it oh well! That’s how you guys do business? And there was no other buyer. Waves are a big deal to me when I pay 6200 for a piece. To see people defend a guy that goes out of his way to deceive people time after time it’s like someone defending Bernie madoff. The guy is a bottom feeder. When I first posted this I had no idea about Erik’s history’s but now it’s pretty apparent there are two sides on this forum. People that are ok with a scammer and people who aren’t. I think Erik is desperate. He has had one sale on eBay in the last six months, cant sell here or most places due to His reputation. He saw an opportunity to screw someone by selling them a damaged piece and he took it. Now he wont take the item back.

I think you're seeing very little support for Erik here.

PrimetimeJedi said:
I like to know what provoked the response you gave him “I’m not the kinda guy you wanna f*ck with I promise you. I have a lot of time and money”. That’s a serious threat over a figure that I can clearly see has a slight warp in the auction pictures.

If this is the type of message you are sending, then you'll probably see many potential trading partners dry up, despite being a multi-millionaire and spending 200k on Vintage Star Wars a year.

You may..just possibly..consider revising your communication style to be less confrontational. This deal with Erik has gone horribly off the rails and escalated beyond reason. You've come here, in essence air a grievance and plead the case to the public. Think about what is going on with the public eye towards your behaviour. Erik's repuatation is already trashed. Don't join him.

...He also had it listed on ebay but then it was pulled off. I messaged him and asked if it was sold and he said yes but the guy is doing a payment plan. I offered to pay for the whole thing that day and he said ok.

This is, by definition, 'backdooring' another deal - whether or not there was actually another buyer, this was the story.

Reaction score

If this is the type of message you are sending, then you'll probably see many potential trading partners dry up, despite being a multi-millionaire and spending 200k on Vintage Star Wars a year.

You may..just possibly..consider revising your communication style to be less confrontational. This deal with Erik has gone horribly off the rails and escalated beyond reason. You've come here, in essence air a grievance and plead the case to the public. Think about what is going on with the public eye towards your behaviour. Erik's repuatation is already trashed. Don't join him.

This is, by definition, 'backdooring' another deal - whether or not there was actually another buyer, this was the story.

I posted a screenshot about "backdooring" the deal..The listing was pulled from ebay and i asked if he sold it. He said it was sold but the guy wasnt paying for 7 months so he had permission to list it. I admitted im relatively new to this and didnt realize that it constitutes a backdoor deal when the seller has permission to sell the item because the buyer isnt paying for 7 months. Its not like it was sold and I said hey sell it to me and ill pay more. My true belief is that there was no buyer and he had an issue with the item similar to mine on ebay and didnt want to sell it there knowing he would get less for it by not disclosing the damage. I definitely learned my lesson. My reputation is that im a good buyer and seller and do not try to screw people over. I dont do this to make a profit. Im collecting because I like star wars and the toys bring back memories. Unfortunately there are parasites like Erik who see an opportunity. Id guess that most people that collect toys are the non confrontational type and easy going which is why Erik was able to thrive for so long talking people out of their collections and selling them for double or triple in front of their face. The fact that he got away with that so long shows how nice you guys are. I would have seen him for what he is right away and ruined him. People like that are bad for society. They ruin everything and I dont take it lying down. If people dont want to trade or deal with me because I HATE scam artists then so be it. . Im not a dealer and plan on holding my stuff to hand down to my kids. When someone steals from me or tries to intentionally deceive me then a different side comes out and I acknowledge this may turn some people off.

Reaction score

Once again here is his message about the deal he supposedly had...

https://ibb.co/YW2t6h2

Reaction score
I was not defending him, but I would never be doing business with him in the first place. He should have probably disclosed the wave, if honestly he even noticed, and certainly offered a refund upon its return in that you were not happy with it. But we are again talking about The Plague. I always ask questions about conditions, even graded, before I buy.

So that’s how it is around here? You buy a grade and if there’s something wrong with it oh well! That’s how you guys do business? And there was no other buyer. Waves are a big deal to me when I pay 6200 for a piece. To see people defend a guy that goes out of his way to deceive people time after time it’s like someone defending Bernie madoff. The guy is a bottom feeder. When I first posted this I had no idea about Erik’s history’s but now it’s pretty apparent there are two sides on this forum. People that are ok with a scammer and people who aren’t. I think Erik is desperate. He has had one sale on eBay in the last six months, cant sell here or most places due to His reputation. He saw an opportunity to screw someone by selling them a damaged piece and he took it. Now he wont take the item back.

Reaction score
I was not defending him, but I would never be doing business with him in the first place. He should have probably disclosed the wave, if honestly he even noticed, and certainly offered a refund upon its return in that you were not happy with it. But we are again talking about The Plague. I always ask questions about conditions, even graded, before I buy.
He admitted he knew about it but he says the grade speaks for itself and that it doesnt affect the value of the piece. The card is warped in different directions so its pretty bad. I had no clue who he was until I read all the bad news about him here. And lesson learned on asking about condition although reputable sellers usually disclose defects that may cause a problem and dont go out of their way to take photos that dont show the defect and after sale say "hey the grade speaks for itself!". I had bought a lot of figures and people always behaved in a respectful way so I was used to that. And he portrays himself as a guy thats been doing this a long time and you make the incorrect assumption that he thinks like a collector when in fact hes a snake.

The Plague says it all.

Reaction score
He admitted he knew about it but he says the grade speaks for itself and that it doesnt affect the value of the piece. The card is warped in different directions so its pretty bad. I had no clue who he was until I read all the bad news about him here. And lesson learned on asking about condition although reputable sellers usually disclose defects that may cause a problem and dont go out of their way to take photos that dont show the defect and after sale say "hey the grade speaks for itself!". I had bought a lot of figures and people always behaved in a respectful way so I was used to that. And he portrays himself as a guy thats been doing this a long time and you make the incorrect assumption that he thinks like a collector when in fact hes a snake.

The Plague says it all.
Make up your mind. Once again you are posting contradicting statements with no evidence. Erik might be called the Plague, but you are becoming a parasite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Make up your mind. Once again you are posting contradicting statements with no evidence. Erik might be called the Plague, but you are becoming a parasite.

Stop taking my statements out of context. He admitted he knew about it after the fact not before the sale. Big difference! And he said the grade speaks for itself after the fact. You’re the parasite defending the guy non stop. It’s quite odd the lengths you’re going through to try and defend this bad apple. Nothing I have said have been contradictory.

Reaction score
Stop taking my statements out of context. He admitted he knew about it after the fact not before the sale. Big difference! And he said the grade speaks for itself after the fact. You’re the parasite defending the guy non stop. It’s quite odd the lengths you’re going through to try and defend this bad apple. Nothing I have said have been contradictory.
Stop posting contradicting statements without proof of your claims. You have NOT shown any evidence to your claim. Where is the screen shots of his admittance or knowing this AFTER the purchase? Until you start posting screen shots of this claim I’ll keep pointing out your discrepancies.

Oh Erik might be a bad apple but you are a stupid buyer. The way you handled this is becoming laughable. I would be more understanding if you didn’t become a unhinged fool.

Reaction score
Primetimejedi—Erik was banned from this site for being a lowlife but I guess he wasn’t because you’re his puppet. It sounds like he’s telling you what to say, sending you what to post, sending you screenshots from his eBay. Do you have your own opinions? It’s obvious you’re so biased against me because I threatened to sue a scammer

Reaction score
He admitted that the item was sold to him in that condition. I posted the convo thread between me and Erik and I’m not going to post it again. It’s clear he knew he sold me a bad apple in the hopes I wouldn’t say anything.

Reaction score
Primetimejedi—Erik was banned from this site for being a lowlife but I guess he wasn’t because you’re his puppet. It sounds like he’s telling you what to say, sending you what to post, sending you screenshots from his eBay. Do you have your own opinions? It’s obvious you’re so biased against me because I threatened to sue a scammer

I’m his puppet. That’s a good one you are a sad pathetic person. Here’s my opinion. You weren’t smart enough to ask questions and got schnooked by Erik the Plague LOL Hope nobody tries to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge

Yeah I know Erik was banned from the forums. It was over posting the email of a member who is no longer here with us. I know about it and about a few matters. Bad deals happen. Wait till you run into some of the others out there. Erik is nothing compared to them

There’s a saying. It’s called live and learn. Unfortunately you aren’t learning anything.

You haven’t confirmed or verified ANYTHING you have claimed. You’ve taken shotty pics of this “warped” card. You’ve acknowledged that you threatened Erik and constantly called his number. I showed comments you’ve made that you’ve haven’t clarified or changed the story on. It doesn’t make me his puppet when I see nothing but holes in your story. Are the others who commented to you Erik’s puppets? You just can’t handle the fact other people can see this whole deal was a clusterf*ck from the beginning. You should of never contacted about it after someone else was already working on a payment plan to purchase it. Erik was wrong for even starting this this transaction. You were wrong for not doing your research. Both of you are wrong with how this went down. Does that sound like I am a puppet?????

How about this. You filed a claim with PayPal. You need to give them the “proof” of your claims to win this matter. Not here. We all know about Erik. He knows I know about his reputation as a seller. We also know you came in here guns a blazing and think people will pat you on the back and say “there there” but you came off looking like spoiled crybaby over spilled milk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
PayPal has my evidence so they can decide and when I win I’ll let you know so you can cry with Erik.

Reaction score
What a friggin train wreck of a 'thread', lol....schoolyard nonsense & posturing over 40-year-old action figures, tsk tsk tsk....

Reaction score
I posted a screenshot about "backdooring" the deal..The listing was pulled from ebay and i asked if he sold it. He said it was sold but the guy wasnt paying for 7 months so he had permission to list it. I admitted im relatively new to this and didnt realize that it constitutes a backdoor deal when the seller has permission to sell the item because the buyer isnt paying for 7 months. Its not like it was sold and I said hey sell it to me and ill pay more. My true belief is that there was no buyer and he had an issue with the item similar to mine on ebay and didnt want to sell it there knowing he would get less for it by not disclosing the damage. I definitely learned my lesson. My reputation is that im a good buyer and seller and do not try to screw people over. I dont do this to make a profit. Im collecting because I like star wars and the toys bring back memories. Unfortunately there are parasites like Erik who see an opportunity. Id guess that most people that collect toys are the non confrontational type and easy going which is why Erik was able to thrive for so long talking people out of their collections and selling them for double or triple in front of their face. The fact that he got away with that so long shows how nice you guys are. I would have seen him for what he is right away and ruined him. People like that are bad for society. They ruin everything and I dont take it lying down. If people dont want to trade or deal with me because I HATE scam artists then so be it. . Im not a dealer and plan on holding my stuff to hand down to my kids. When someone steals from me or tries to intentionally deceive me then a different side comes out and I acknowledge this may turn some people off.
These dealers are contantly putting stuff on and off of ebay with the ridiculous high prices and then it is gone for a few weeks- he no doubt dove into his bag of tricks and gave you the old, "oh its sold but the buyer..."---yada yada yada---makes it seem like it had the value he had it listed for.
So 99% sure you are correct sir- never a buyer to begin with- but you seemed to have ruffled feathers with the fact you did not know this yet were willing to back door another buyer which in this forum is looked down upon. But if its your first and last time doing this then one can be forgiven.
Not sure how your paypal claim is going to go though. Im not sure paypal claims take into account ethics.

Good lesson here: I mean how many times in the past year have a seen a MOC VCJ with an 85 score- graded 10 years ago, with now discoloration, that would get a 60-70 if regraded.

Reaction score
These dealers are contantly putting stuff on and off of ebay with the ridiculous high prices and then it is gone for a few weeks- he no doubt dove into his bag of tricks and gave you the old, "oh its sold but the buyer..."---yada yada yada---makes it seem like it had the value he had it listed for.
So 99% sure you are correct sir- never a buyer to begin with- but you seemed to have ruffled feathers with the fact you did not know this yet were willing to back door another buyer which in this forum is looked down upon. But if its your first and last time doing this then one can be forgiven.
Not sure how your paypal claim is going to go though. Im not sure paypal claims take into account ethics.

Good lesson here: I mean how many times in the past year have a seen a MOC VCJ with an 85 score- graded 10 years ago, with now discoloration, that would get a 60-70 if regraded.

Everything you said was reasonable. One thing though he claimed he had a buyer that wasn’t going to pay for 7.5 months and he had permission to list it for sale.
that doesn’t make any sense in hindsight but now I know about backdooring and won’t do it again. I don’t need anything that bad where I would screw Someone over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a friendly collecting tip...no afa 85 -90 moc have waves unless it happened after grading...geez that's what the grades are for...how is a wavy card as nice as a flat card? Everything with a wave I have ever sent in was graded below 80. Like btd2 said the grade stays the same in the case even after the figure degrades so check grading dates!Just my opinion after having many many moc graded over the years. Anyone else here see a problem w a waving card getting a 85-90 grade? K

Reaction score
Just a friendly collecting tip...no afa 85 -90 moc have waves unless it happened after grading...geez that's what the grades are for...how is a wavy card as nice as a flat card? Everything with a wave I have ever sent in was graded below 80. Like btd2 said the grade stays the same in the case even after the figure degrades so check grading dates!Just my opinion after having many many moc graded over the years. Anyone else here see a problem w a waving card getting a 85-90 grade? K
I have a couple afa 85s with a wave I have no doubt if it didn't have the wave they'd be 90s. I'll have to dig them out and take pictures. But they are always horizontal waves like this one where just the top is wavy across. Vertical waves seem to grade lower.

Reaction score
Hey Charles. I asked a question on Facebook but the thread was locked. Can you show us the pics that you sent to PayPal? Also have they responded to your claim?

im not showing you anything. I know you’re sending everything here to Erik as well as sharing everything on the Facebook page with him. He’s not supposed to be a part of either community but I guess you’re giving him access. Nice try though. You guys must be really close. When he loses the case I’ll be happy to let you know. Done responding about this.

Reaction score
im not showing you anything. I know you’re sending everything here to Erik as well as sharing everything on the Facebook page with him. He’s not supposed to be a part of either community but I guess you’re giving him access. Nice try though. You guys must be really close. When he loses the case I’ll be happy to let you know. Done responding about this.
Well then I take it you’re lying about the issue by not providing any proof of your claim. What you have shown proves you backdoored another person that was already working out a payment plan to purchase the figure, you didn’t realize the card had a bend/warp by the pictures in the auction that even a blind person could see in those pics and TBH isn’t EXTREME like you said, you didn’t bother asking for more information and pics, and when you got it you lost your temper and threatened Erik. Oh and what pictures and screenshots you have produced basically doesn’t side with your claims. The only reason you have a hard on over me is because I see through your deception, not because I talk to Erik.

If you expect us to believe any credibility to your claim you’d back it up with facts, not hearsay.

LOL I can prove I ain’t sending anything to Erik. If that’s your excuse then you are as fake as that Facebook profile picture you put up

Oh BTW if you had a really serious case PayPal would of settled it by now and not asked you for more information. They probably didn’t like the fact of you making a threat via text that you admitted to. Even if you do win your claim you are now as infamous as Erik. People will be wary of dealing with you as much as him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There was an afa 85 Luke Skywalker listed on ebay that was listed as sold. I messaged this seller about the item and he claimed he had it sold and there was a guy on a payment plan. I offered to buy it for 6200 and he said ok, sent me an invoice. I paid immediately. The listing on ebay had 3 photos. Front back and label. I asked about the condition again via email and he sent me the same photos and said its clean and straight 85's.

Today I received the item and the card is seriously warped:
https://postimg.cc/6TGC7G4k
https://postimg.cc/crhC6sTq

Im a collector and not a dealer and I was paying a fair price. I didnt ask for a reduction. In my opinion the seller should have disclosed this major flaw and it seems like he went out of his way to hide it. He didnt disclose it and didnt send photos displaying the defect. Ive bought a bit of 12 backs in the last couple of years and havent had a warped card so this is a first. People like this ruin it for everyone.

Now to make matters worse he is being incredulous and basically saying he sent me the label and that he didnt do anything wrong. He claims to have purchased it like this but i spoke to the person who he purchased it from and he claims he buys lots of figures cheap to flip and that if he wanted to return it, it wouldnt have been a problem. Ive seen numerous posts about Erik Sprague on here and how hes not well liked and I can see why.

My question is do you think a seller should disclose something like this? and if the buyer has a problem with it shouldnt he take the item back and issue a refund? I filed a paypal claim so im not too worried but the whole thing is annoying and this guy seems nuts.
Maybe I am taken aback by the wrong thing...are you saying this seller had an agreement with someone else to pay on installments then basically stiffed the guy on that agreement to make a quick sale to you instead?

I feel like I must be misunderstanding that whole interaction but I 1. Wouldn't ask someone to break an agreement that they have committed to (I would say "hey if it falls through for whatever reason please contact me", 2. if the seller was willing to break a commitment to someone else to sell to me I wouldn't feel real confident in the seller's integrity and would probably blame myself if I ended up on the short end of such a deal as "shoulda known better" (for instance if I said, hey let me know if it falls through and 30 minutes later he's like hey guess what the other guy backed out I would start to be concerned)

I could be completely misreading that whole setup though

p.s. guess i should have read a few pages before replying to the OP lol...sounds like I just kicked a dead horse

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe I am taken aback by the wrong thing...are you saying this seller had an agreement with someone else to pay on installments then basically stiffed the guy on that agreement to make a quick sale to you instead?

I feel like I must be misunderstanding that whole interaction but I 1. Wouldn't ask someone to break an agreement that they have committed to (I would say "hey if it falls through for whatever reason please contact me", 2. if the seller was willing to break a commitment to someone else to sell to me I wouldn't feel real confident in the seller's integrity and would probably blame myself if I ended up on the short end of such a deal as "shoulda known better" (for instance if I said, hey let me know if it falls through and 30 minutes later he's like hey guess what the other guy backed out I would start to be concerned)

I could be completely misreading that whole setup though

p.s. guess i should have read a few pages before replying to the OP lol...sounds like I just kicked a dead horse
Yea I posted the screenshot covering this already. He said the guy wasn’t going to pay for 7 months and that he would ask him if it’s ok before selling to me. Also there probably was no other guy. I won the dispute and Erik sent me an email with one word “Homo”