QUESTION EBAY SCAMMER: shawnsellstoys

Reaction score
This guy takes "preorders" and then does not send the products. The scam here is that ebay, paypal, and credit cards have limited windows to contest charges. He gives excuses, waits for the time to run out, then keeps your money.

He took almost $300 from me. I spent HOURS on the phone with ebay and paypal. Even though they have no shipping record, they said their systems would not permit a challenge after a certain period of time.

His feedback is from non-preorder items. The preorders are a scam.

Reaction score
You probably can. I was dumb, I waited way too long. I ordered before the pandemic, he blamed the pandemic for the delay, I was very forgiving. After 9 months, I started asking for a refund.

Preorders are way too risky on ebay. I just found the guy, his name and location, so I'm pursuing this.

Reaction score
That is proper rubbish. Some people are just total a-holes. :(

Reaction score
A seller sold me an autographed photo and did not put anything rigid (cardboard etc.) inside the envelope and it arrived bent. I was contemplating a refund and in the meantime the seller was asking me to give him feedback. I eventually went to leave good feedback-with a "next time put something else inside the envelope to prevent bending" message and I could not leave any feedback at all. He had somehow nullified the feedback process. It had only been about 14 days. I was reluctant to leave bad feedback as I have hundreds of 100% feedback and dont like to leave any negative feedback. Now I wish I did-lol ( flyingmooserecords was the seller-100% feedback and determined to keep it that way )

Last edited:

gac

Reaction score
To get around this have you PP account charge a credit card, under your terms you are covered up to 1-2 years. I had this happen to me, so I contacted my CC company, who then after a few days refunded all my money back.

Reaction score
To get around this have you PP account charge a credit card, under your terms you are covered up to 1-2 years. I had this happen to me, so I contacted my CC company, who then after a few days refunded all my money back.
YUP! do a good old fashioned chargeback! especially if you used a credit card with paypal.

Reaction score
How does one ask for extra pay for expedited shipping but waits 5 days to ship (2 were weekend days) and still has not shipped. In my opinion this is scamming also. Getting extra pay for nothing.

Reaction score
How does one ask for extra pay for expedited shipping but waits 5 days to ship (2 were weekend days) and still has not shipped. In my opinion this is scamming also. Getting extra pay for nothing.
To be fair the extra fee is for the method of shipping not the processing time. Even though he waited a bit long to ship, it would take even longer to arrive if he did not use an expedited shipping method. Now if he shipped it using a slow method like 1st Class mail or something that would be scammy.

I usually cut people some slack as long as they don't go over the standard ebay processing time. While some people are using ebay as their main way of earning a buck, there are still plenty of people that use it to simply get rid of stuff or it's a part time extra money making gig. They can't all be like Amazon and ship super quick. If it's a holiday weekend like with Columbus Day recently where the post office was closed that could add an extra 3 days as to when someone can get something out.

Reaction score
To be fair the extra fee is for the method of shipping not the processing time. Even though he waited a bit long to ship, it would take even longer to arrive if he did not use an expedited shipping method. Now if he shipped it using a slow method like 1st Class mail or something that would be scammy.

I usually cut people some slack as long as they don't go over the standard ebay processing time. While some people are using ebay as their main way of earning a buck, there are still plenty of people that use it to simply get rid of stuff or it's a part time extra money making gig. They can't all be like Amazon and ship super quick. If it's a holiday weekend like with Columbus Day recently where the post office was closed that could add an extra 3 days as to when someone can get something out.
I purchased in the early morning hours of the 8th. On the 11th he added to the listing there would be a delay in shipping. Tried to contact him and the automated response was he was going to be out of town until the 26th and he would ship all items ordered after the 12th on that date. He had time to get a tracking number and could have dropped it at any of over a million Post Offices. He had both Friday and Saturday to ship item.

Reaction score

The seller might be waiting for the funds to deposit in his bank before purchasing the shipping. This new ebay payout process can be frustrating for both the sellers and buyers. If someone buys something from you on Friday, those funds won't be available until Tuesday the next week. I always put a disclaimer in my description stating, items will not ship until funds are deposited into my bank.