Ebay Craziness

Reaction score
I always just assume that outrageously priced listing are banking on finding someone with more money than impulse control. But this one with it's 10k opening bid, crappy pics, and equally unimpressive copy, is laughably deluded.

Reaction score
Lol, if these sell I will list mine and then back for far less.. some people are just plain dumb

Reaction score
I didn't notice the first time, but it's local pickup only, as well.

Not sure I'd want the person who paid 10k showing up face to face. Just Paypal me, I'm happy to mail it to you.

Reaction score
My favorite ebay nonsense is when an item doesn't sell. And I'm not talking about early ending auctions. Usually when an item doesn't sell, they either simply relist it, or relist with a slightly lowered starting bid.

I love when the item doesn't sell and then they increase the starting bid and raise the buy it now. Don't really understand their strategy here.

I have seen plenty of listings that will end early and relist for a higher value. I can understand that to a point. Maybe they didn't realize the initial value so they corrected it. But when an auction ends on time with no bids, and they RAISE the starting bid. Makes me laugh everytime.

Reaction score
My favorite ebay nonsense is when an item doesn't sell. And I'm not talking about early ending auctions. Usually when an item doesn't sell, they either simply relist it, or relist with a slightly lowered starting bid.

I love when the item doesn't sell and then they increase the starting bid and raise the buy it now. Don't really understand their strategy here.

I have seen plenty of listings that will end early and relist for a higher value. I can understand that to a point. Maybe they didn't realize the initial value so they corrected it. But when an auction ends on time with no bids, and they RAISE the starting bid. Makes me laugh everytime.
I always wondered about this, too. Then I did a bit of research and found out it actually is a selling tactic and it works for some sellers. I've seen many things I was watching (hoping for a lower price) get sold after a seller re-lists at a higher price.

Something similarly related - when an item continually goes unsold, with no bids, the seller re-lists at lower prices, and then gets bid up past the original starting bid! An item I was watching recently had a starting bid of $100, goes unsold, starting bid was lowered to $75. Goes unsold again and the starting bid is lowered to $40. Goes unsold again. They re-list it at $40 a second time and it ends up being bid up well past $100.

Reaction score
I always wondered about this, too. Then I did a bit of research and found out it actually is a selling tactic and it works for some sellers. I've seen many things I was watching (hoping for a lower price) get sold after a seller re-lists at a higher price.

Something similarly related - when an item continually goes unsold, with no bids, the seller re-lists at lower prices, and then gets bid up past the original starting bid! An item I was watching recently had a starting bid of $100, goes unsold, starting bid was lowered to $75. Goes unsold again and the starting bid is lowered to $40. Goes unsold again. They re-list it at $40 a second time and it ends up being bid up well past $100.

I ve seen it go both ways. A lower price listed auction will attract more bidders and as a seller, you hope for a couple of those bidders to start a bidding war. Some times, a lower starting bid finishes low. When I sell, I depend on honest bidders and don't use shill bidding. I have had low bids go high and low bids remain low. I only have my starting bids for the price I will let it go at.

I have seen plenty of auctions end and pop back up at a higher or lower price after showing sold. I stay clear of those period.

The head scratchers are the ones that time legitimately run out and the relisting starts higher , and not the same or lower starting bid.