ebay: clonetheartist

Reaction score
had a recent non Star Wars purchase from dealer "clonetheartist"

He seems to sell a LOT of vintage SW stuff and I am just curious if anyone else has made purchases (likely purchases WITH packaged toys loose or otherwise and been exposed to a horrid smell of what seems like rotten festering diapers or other decaying material.

I bought a gift for my son for Christmas through him and was sourly disappointed in what i discovered when it came time to wrap it. Tried to return and he ignored me for a week until he declined my return because he would have "taken a loss" paying return shipping when he gouged me $35 in the first place. Kinda sick what ebay allows sometimes.

Anyone else have any experience with this guy?
Just curious.

Reaction score
Not one I am familiar with. How was ebay no help? Did you pay with paypal? I was under the impression that ebay and paypal error on the side of the buyer.

Reaction score
all i know for a fact is ebay allowed him to decline the return. His reasons as he explained to me sounded like total BS. "It was going to cost too much to ship back" " I would take a loss" <---- whatever you stooge. You sold me something that smelled like biohazardous waste, this should have never been sold in the first place. Ebay doesnt have anybody read their complaints, you have to call them direct and wait to personally give someone a hard time before the first human being is actually aware of what he hell is gong on.

Paypal is going to refund me once the seller confirms receipt of the item returned, which still make sme nervous. This dude is scum (no offense scummers) and how am I supposed to trust that he's going to do the correct thing? Hopefully they operate on the merit of tracking and not his say so. I spent $100 with this goof.

Reaction score
Well, good luck. You will have to let us know how it turned out. I'm pretty confident you will get your money back. The ebay model has become such a pro buyer model, almost to the detriment of sellers.

Reaction score
It's definitely case by case. You have to be vigilant. I'm mostly a seller myself and I've had all kids of situations. When it's time to do the right thing, don't fight it, if you messed up, own up to it, correct it and make a friend either way. RARELY have I been put to the test with someone who is so unreasonable that it just makes you want to rip your face off out of frustration, that's what ebay support is for apparently.

Unrelated I had a buyer try and send me photos of a "damaged" figure where he had taken some day one photoshop skills and just butcher cloned parts of the image over themselves to create the appearance of said damage. Postal damage RARELY results in your figure growing extra elbow joints and other things I can't even describe that I saw in those images. just pitiful... to what? fraud me out of $15? give me a break. Dude, I rode that guy so hard after i realized that, turned him in and shamed him but GOOD. I had nothing else to gain but not losing that $15 but I was not about to let ebay tip the scales to some fraudulent micro-witted scammer. I'd share those photos but I don't want to wander off topic.

Reaction score
I have had a similar experience . PayPal needed to wait for shipping and delivery confirmation. If I remember correctly, it just had to show delivered and not wait for the sellers confirmation of item in hand. Then it took a few days for the funds to go back into my account. You should be fine.