EBAY and UKG Conspiracy???

Reaction score
Just watched this YouTube video and I have to say I agree with there assessment on this YouTuber.

Also is their individual graders from there grading companies working with certain sellers?

I LOVE conspiracy theories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DxwOwtag-s

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks! I guess we have youtube videos of facebook discussions now... I had heard rumbling of this this morning on the UK sites but couldn't find the source so thanks for the link. the video had the information to fill in the gaps for me and it's a great way for people to keep informed outside of facebook and have a secondary knowledge store outside of the facebook walled garden.

Reaction score
short summary is:

1. There are/were 2 sellers selling things on ebay and shill bidding each other up.
2. Some of these items were UKG graded WAAAY higher than they should have been. Like things that should have been 70s were 85s that's a huge price swing and coupled with shill bidding made the realized prices even higher. The conspiracy theory was was there some kind of inside person at the grading company in cahoots with these guys giving them better grades for a cut of the profit?

There is a lot of evidence for #1 while #2 is pure speculation

Reaction score
I am the guy that made that YouTube video. I decided to take the video down because I didn't think it was fair to UKG to make accusations of collusion with these shill bidder people without more evidence. I did make a follow-up video discussing what the reaction has been from other collectors, including the comments that have already been shared on a different thread by the gentleman that exposed the Toy Toni incident. At the end of that replacement video, I show some of the same pictures that have been circulating of a few of the PBPs/Pochs that were involved in the shill bidding auctions last weekend. The most glaring grading questions I have involved the Luke Bespin (heavy wear to utility belt and missing eye brow, yet it received a near-mint plus 85%???) and the Leia Bespin Poch (heavy wear to hands, including what appears to be a crack on her left hand, holes in the cape, yet it received a near-mint 80%???). The Luke Hoth Pale Face PBP was also a terrible score.

In my personal opinion, these grades are unacceptable and glaring mistakes. Was the same grader involved for all of these submissions? Does the same grader handle ALL of this seller's items? What checks-and-balances are in place internally at UKG before an item goes "final" and ships back to the Seller? Do multiple reviewers check an item before the grade goes "final", which is what happens at AFA and CAS? I feel like these questions need to be asked and UKG needs to respond. I doubt they ever will other than the typical B.S. public relations snippet, but in my mind, these are glaring mistakes and unacceptable.

Thanks,

Action Figure Grader (John)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am the guy that made that YouTube video. I decided to take the video down because I didn't think it was fair to UKG to make accusations of collusion with these shill bidder people without more evidence. I did make a follow-up video discussing what the reaction has been from other collectors, including the comments that have already been shared on a different thread by the gentleman that exposed the Toy Toni incident. At the end of that replacement video, I show some of the same pictures that have been circulating of a few of the PBPs/Pochs that were involved in the shill bidding auctions last weekend. The most glaring grading questions I have involved the Luke Bespin (heavy wear to utility belt and missing eye brow, yet it received a near-mint plus 85%???) and the Leia Bespin Poch (heavy wear to hands, including what appears to be a crack on her left hand, holes in the cape, yet it received a near-mint 80%???). The Luke Hoth Pale Face PBP was also a terrible score.

In my personal opinion, these grades are unacceptable and glaring mistakes. Was the same grader involved for all of these submissions? Does the same grader handle ALL of this seller's items? What checks-and-balances are in place internally at UKG before an item goes "final" and ships back to the Seller? Do multiple reviewers check an item before the grade goes "final", which is what happens at AFA and CAS? I feel like these questions need to be asked and UKG needs to respond. I doubt they ever will other than the typical B.S. public relations snippet, but in my mind, these are glaring mistakes and unacceptable.

Thanks,

Action Figure Grader (John)
Thank you for your service sir.

Reaction score
Something shady is going on here for sure. That busted up Bespin Leia would be like 6.0 to 6.5 in that condition tops. Whoever gave it an 8.0 is either incompetent or up to no good. Neither of which are acceptable for a professional grader. If it does turn out that a bunch of these figures where graded by the same person at UKG for that same ebay seller I hope there is action taken against BOTH parties.

Reaction score
Something shady is going on here for sure. That busted up Bespin Leia would be like 6.0 to 6.5 in that condition tops. Whoever gave it an 8.0 is either incompetent or up to no good. Neither of which are acceptable for a professional grader. If it does turn out that a bunch of these figures where graded by the same person at UKG for that same ebay seller I hope there is action taken against BOTH parties.
action will not be taken unfortunately. It is in The interest of the grader to return as high a grade as possible because then people will want to use that grader more. There is no incentive to actually grade these things correctly that’s the main problem was taking a toy, encasing it in a plastic box and saying now it has a grade and oh by the way paint 10 times more than it’s actually worth. This is why I have always considered grading a ponzu scheme, if the figure is worth $20 in a certain condition why is it worth 200 in that condition stuck in a plastic box

Reaction score
Because it has been verified.

action will not be taken unfortunately. It is in The interest of the grader to return as high a grade as possible because then people will want to use that grader more. There is no incentive to actually grade these things correctly that’s the main problem was taking a toy, encasing it in a plastic box and saying now it has a grade and oh by the way paint 10 times more than it’s actually worth. This is why I have always considered grading a ponzu scheme, if the figure is worth $20 in a certain condition why is it worth 200 in that condition stuck in a plastic box