Early leaked SAGA pictures?

Reaction score
Anyone still remember how back in the Fall of 2001 someone leaked pictures of the first two waves of SAGA figures? The excitement of waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the pictures to fully load, revealing all those brand new upcoming toys from a new Star Wars movie?

I know there were two different kinds of leaks:

One seemed like a collection of Power Point Presentation slides that showed the following:
- A Ep 1 Soft Goods Obi Wan hanging onto a very raw Assassin Droid, holding a Lightsaber that had a slight movement effect- mind you, not flared but wider at the top, as if it was just about to be swung.
- A POTF II Boba Fett's Slave 1 repainted to look like Jango's Slave 1.
- A CGI render or possible a ILM maquette of the Republic Gunship.
-"Generation Y" (early UNLEASHED statues) artwork or prototypes.

The other collection of pictures showed the early waves of figures, some painted, some not in front of a silver color gradient, with either a character photo imposed in the corner, or a close-up of the figure's face.
A lot of negative reactions erupted over those pictures because of the action features and how they distracted from the sculpting.

I remember saving those pictures back in the day, but they must have gotten lost over the years. So if anyone can who still has them can please upload them here, I'd appreciate it very much.

Reaction score
Though that's not what I was looking for, it's a very intriguing packaging I haven't seen before.

Are you sure this wasn't meant to be a post-movie re-release like the Jedi Starfighter with Pilot Obi Wan from Kay-Bee was?
There was also a re-release of the Naboo Fighter with either Pilot Typho or Pilot Padmé rumored.

Reaction score
The images you mention were provided by CollectStarWars.com now Galatic Hunter. I have the images if you would like them (let me know). For example here's the image of OB1 you speak of:

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com

Dom

Reaction score
Wow nice old pics. I have some old Tomarts with some good pics in I need to scan on

Reaction score
Yes! It's so nice to see those pictures again.
Thank you so much, Sems_Fir!

I'd love to see them all. If they're too big to upload here, I'd gladly provide you my E-Mail address.

Looking back, I really hope Hasbro will one day sculpt a few Lightsaber wielding characters with alternate swinging motion blades. it would be something new and dynamic.

Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay.
Sems_Fir, thanks for saving those pictures for all those years and letting me upload them here. Credit also to CollectStarWars.com,
now known as GalacticHunter.com for leaking them back in November of 2001.

Reaction score
No problem. Happy to help. You'd be surprised what images are archived on my pc's harddrive that either haven't been seen in years, or sent to me in the past by employees. No I won't show any here.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing these pictures, they are great. I did not really collect POTJ, but have collecting pretty heavily since the AOTC preview and Saga 2002 collections. A few things I noticed:
-The preview wave was supposed to include Shaak-Ti, and Zam was spelled Zamm, I guess this was before Clone Troopers were revealed, and one was added to the preview wave.
-Not really sure what the "attitude switch" for deulxe Jango Fett would have entailed, just made sound FX in the finished version, and IMO was never a "gotta-have holiday item"
-If only an AOTC Mace ever came with that neutral of a scuplt and facial expression :O
-I wonder if the Acklay was originally supposed to have electronics like the other beasts.
-The Gunship is pictured with a turret attached (only came with Clone Pilot), and is billed as "makes great carrying case" - which is not really true considering the doors didn't close all the way.
-Obi Wan's starfighter is billed as "hero vehicle", and the Slave I's features must have still been a secret as well (sonic charges).
-Doesn't look like Hasbro was notified about who uses a curved light saber.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting said:
Sorry for the long delay.
Sems_Fir, thanks for saving those pictures for all those years and letting me upload them here. Credit also to CollectStarWars.com,
now known as GalacticHunter.com for leaking them back in November of 2001.
I so need those Gen X figures!

Reaction score
I think you meant to write GEN Y.

I recall there was a lot of speculation going at the time when only the title description "Gen-Y Figures" was announced.

Reaction score
Since today marks the 10th Anniversary of the SAGA line's release, I thought it would be a good opportunity to bump this thread to show how people were first introduced to this line.

I still have fond memories of getting them. Though, ten years, has it really been that long...o-o

Reaction score
I wish I still had a number of those Unleashed figures left. It was at a time where I didn't really have the space and I thought they were a bit pricey. Now look at me, I drop $100+ on one SSC figure without care. Sure, my wage has increased since 10 years ago, but I think also my mentality as a collector.