Eaglemoss Battlestar Galactica

Reaction score
Might as well get the ball rolling on this topic, Eaglemoss has just sent me a survey email asking for my interest in a BSG range. It begins......could be pricey though, they're talking about 9.5 inch ships at £40 each

Reaction score
I'd like to see what the ships looked like, but that does have potential to be a really nice line.

What was your reply, Boris?

Reaction score
Entirely in the affirmative Rodders, I was keen to encourage them to press forward so we can see what we're getting. Other details I remember was being asked to put 20 different BSG ships in order of preference. I don't know if that's an indication of how long the run will be, but it might be. Another interesting question was what other SF franchises I was into, these included Star Wars, Stargate and Serenity so I don't know if that suggests other licences they're going after or already have :)

There was a couple of questions on what extra gifts I'd like to see and options included LED lights, collapsable shelves, display stands, magazines, t-shirts and a 1/6th Cylon figurine

Reaction score
I'm gutted that these will be so large and pricey. :'(
Like EM's Alien ships, I had been hoping for a STSS-sized collection, too.
*somewhere, in the distance, a dog barks*

Anyhoo, I'm sure the margins are nicer for larger ships but I think they've gone too upscale/bespoke here. And NECA and Moebius are already doing ships in a similar scale.
I might not be able to resist the capital ships but I'll definitely have to pass on the fighters and mid-sized ships.

Yeah, I did the survey but was disappointed there was no place to whinge and encourage smaller ships.
Interesting that they seem to be getting into display stands in a big way.

Reaction score
The Galactica herself might be tempting, but I already have the Titanium Ultra version, the standard Titaniums, as well as countless resin miniatures. I'm not sure the size / pricepoint would result in me picking anything up. Its a shame HW didn't do more diecast BSG ships in the Titanium scale, that would have been a good outlet for unmade ships.

Reaction score
Not a subscriber but still on the EM mailing list. I took the survey too. Like to see anything that hasn't been made yet, and there's still quite a few never realized in Titanium. I voted for them in preferences.
9.5 inches is too big for a lot of this stuff. If you start making Vipers or other craft that big, No cockpit detail with blacked out canopies and windows won't cut it. Wouldn't mind some of the capital ships like the modern Basestar larger size though. They should breakup the sizes like they do with ST or do them all smaller (and a little less expensive) would be my preference.

Reaction score
A very nice line of ships there. Looking forward to seeing some in hand photos.

Reaction score
They both look so lovely.......

I've created a folder where I put pics of any ships I want but can't really afford yet. Entirely populated with EM products at the moment

Reaction score
I passed on the Titanium Ultra (and regretted it later) ... so I will probably welcome Galactica into the fold (maybe time to dig out all the standard Titaniums for a display!) ... but the rest they can keep at that ridiculous scale.

Reaction score
The BSG is a beauty, more detail than the Titanium Ultra version, but I don't see myself buying it. I am happy with the Ultra, I still have it on display from time to time.

Reaction score
I'm wrestling with the idea of subscribing. It's only 12 issues I believe, so manageable. I'd like to know if every ship will be available to buy individually as I'm really only after the originals

Reaction score
The BSG is a beauty, more detail than the Titanium Ultra version, but I don't see myself buying it. I am happy with the Ultra, I still have it on display from time to time.
Luckily, I'm in the same Ultra boat... and I've got a same-scale Original Series Galactica from Legends In 3D... but I might find it hard to resist the EM capital ships. This new Bucket's is all kinds of super-awesomeness.

I'm wrestling with the idea of subscribing. It's only 12 issues I believe, so manageable. I'd like to know if every ship will be available to buy individually as I'm really only after the originals
No subs for the UK, at the moment, as per Ben's tweet this a.m.; just the US, at the mo'. But yep, you can still order them as individual models, mate.

Reaction score
Just 12 issues, 12 ships? With 4 already revealed it doesn't leave much room for some of the more unusual stuff. Then with the usual suspects ... Pagasus, original Galactica, Mk. VII Viper, etc. I don't see this getting too interesting in quantity, just larger sized ships I already have. Here's to a few "new" subjects.

I too have the Galactica Ultra already.

Reaction score
No way, no chance. Having said that, I MIGHT pick up a Galactica. As for the others I'll stick to my Titaniums. I get that the larger scale is more profitable for EM, but I'm disappointed they've gone the XL route, I just don't have the money or space.

Reaction score
No subs for the UK, at the moment, as per Ben's tweet this a.m.; just the US, at the mo'. But yep, you can still order them as individual models, mate.

That's good to know, thanks ! I have to have the original Cylon Raider, it's in my top 5 fave ships of all time

Reaction score
Non EM. but still of possible interest, this popped up on the BSG FB group........BSG Starship Battles. It comes with pre-painted ships akin to Attack Wing or FFG

http://www.aresgames.eu/21632
The prototypes look good, and they've mentioned capital ships will be coming in 2019...but...they will be 12 inches long. Shame they don't do capitals in Titanium scale - I have no interest in ships that are a foot long. Likewise, for a game, you'd think there would be more playability at a smaller scale.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, Boris! Yep, I'm passing on the capital ships too, if they're 12 inches long. The rest might be very interesting, though.

Btw, EM's selling an Apollo Viper Mk. II variant at their SDCC booth:

Reaction score
I welcome any capital ships...But it's too bad the fighters aren't smaller scale, and grouped in threes or something. :/

Reaction score
Here's my first purchase of this line, the Modern Cylon Raider. My pics don't do it justice compared to many out there but I hope it captures the paint job. I've just spotted a slightly misaligned engine on mine but apart from that it's a bit of a beauty

Reaction score
It sure is, Boris. :)

A shot from NYCC: The Beast joins the Bucket and a first look at the Viper Mk VII and Dropship from Aliens. Lovely! More shots on the Star Trek starships FB unofficial fan page.