EA Star Wars Battlefront II

Reaction score
Played Walker Assault last night and in one round the same guy kept picking up an AT-ST Power-Up and came stomping around in our spawn point. He literally did this from the start of the round to the end of the round. Yep, really looking for to the Battle Point system. At least then you will earn the right to be an AT-ST and stomp around spawn points. ;)

Reaction score
Is anyone playing on xbox 1? i have a club called the hive of scum and villainy, be great to play with people from here.

Reaction score
Whatever happened to instant gratification, why do we have to earn anything in a VG! lol

Reaction score
will add.
Worst spawn point offenders play Luke on Bespin in that cut off hall, you know what I mean

Reaction score
Since I buy one to two games a year I went ahead and pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition at EB Games. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Reaction score
Since I buy one to two games a year I went ahead and pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition at EB Games. Hopefully I don't regret it.
I'm like that too. I like video games but I'm not a gamer. Battlefront 1 was a huge disappoint for me and felt like a waste of money. Haven't even bothered to try and sell it since gamestop already has 500 used copies a store. If this doesn't have a good story mode then forget it. The first one felt like the horde wave side game in Gears of War.

Reaction score
I got an invite from EA to participate in the Alpha test for BF2! Downloaded it last night, Alpha testing starts today. From what I understand, it is only the Theed map. Pretty excited to get home and play some :D

Reaction score
I got an invite from EA to participate in the Alpha test for BF2! Downloaded it last night, Alpha testing starts today. From what I understand, it is only the Theed map. Pretty excited to get home and play some :D

Reaction score
There was an NDA for participating in the Alpha, so I won't go into details. If you want them they are out there though...plenty of screen shots and gameplay can be found. I will say that I really enjoyed it and pretty much liked all the changes they have made. It was great to be on Naboo with Clones and Battledroids. Rey and Darth Maul are cool. Maul is actually pretty terrifying. I'm really looking forward to the full game when it comes out.

Reaction score
I know the Beta is reserved for pre-orders, but does anyone know when the Beta will go live?
I'm surmising Aug/Sept.

Reaction score
I've been seeing this leaked list of heroes lately:

Rebels- Chewbacca, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Leia, Luke, Rey, Yoda
Empire- Boba Fett, Bossk, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, General Grievous, Kylo Ren, Darth Maul, Captain Phasma

No sure it's real or fan made, but nonetheless anytime General Grievous is mentioned I can't help but imagine how much fun he will be to play as. I wonder if four lightsabers will be an ability requiring a cool down, or you'll be able to toggle between two and four at anytime?

Also, assuming the list is real, I'm disappointed by the absence of Obi Wan, Anakin, Captain Rex, and Ahsoka. These four are a must for Clone War era battles.

Reaction score
That's how Grevious' four arm dueling worked before in the old Battlefront, I would assume it would be similar in this one.

Reaction score
I know there's probably licensing issues and cannot, but I'd find it more interesting you could play as Revan, Bastila, Nico etc. After a time those same old Heroes get old.

Reaction score
I was thinking something we haven't seen yet is Destroyer Droids during the Battle on Theed. I hope they're included. I'd love to roll around and unleash on squads of Clones. :grin:

Reaction score
I was thinking something we haven't seen yet is Destroyer Droids during the Battle on Theed. I hope they're included. I'd love to roll around and unleash on squads of Clones. :grin:
Maybe they'll be a Hero Assist unit, like the ERG/Death Troopers are in Battlfront?

Reaction score
I saw that today too. I amazed at how many different types of vehicles we'll be getting. Now if only we can pilot a Star Destroyer!

Reaction score
I saw that today too. I amazed at how many different types of vehicles we'll be getting. Now if only we can pilot a Star Destroyer!
Yeah I'm happy with the variety too. Can you imagine the kill streak you can go on in Maul's ship while invisible? o-o I'm looking forward to piloting an ARC-170 or LAAT during the Clone Wars, but I think everything will be fun as the flight engine looks really good.

I also wonder what all we will get for ground vehicles? I'm sure we'll get everything from Battlefront, but for new vehicles I really hope we get the AT-TE.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy with the variety too. Can you imagine the kill streak you can go on in Maul's ship while invisible? o-o I'm looking forward to piloting an ARC-170 or LAAT during the Clone Wars, but I think everything will be fun as the flight engine looks really good.

I also wonder what all we will get for ground vehicles? I'm sure we'll get everything from Battlefront, but for new vehicles I really hope we get the AT-TE.
Wait... we can pilot a Republic Gunship (LAAT) in BF2?!

**faints from genuine excitement**

Reaction score
Wait... we can pilot a Republic Gunship (LAAT) in BF2?!

**faints from genuine excitement**
Oh I'm not sure, I haven't seen it confirmed. But we do see it during the opening for Battle on Theed, and it appears the variety is vast so I'm assuming we'll get to pilot one.

Reaction score
Oh I'm not sure, I haven't seen it confirmed. But we do see it during the opening for Battle on Theed, and it appears the variety is vast so I'm assuming we'll get to pilot one.
Alright, I'll have to save my fainting for a confirmation then.

Reaction score
So I just pre-ordered the standard game (X1) from Best Buy & w/ in minutes I received an email from BBY w/ a digital code.
What could it be? I'm afraid to enter it right now. lol

Reaction score
That makes sense, but is there a correct time to enter it? Or can I just enter it right now & be good to go come 10/4?
That is actually a really good question, one that I do not have an answer to but I'm wondering myself. I have a code on my receipt from EB Games for the beta. Even though it's a pain to type using the PS4 controller I may have to ask on the Battlefront II community for instructions on using the beta code.

Also to add to our discussion above about the LAAT, I heard in a Star Wars HQ video (IIRC) that the LAAT may indeed be playable, but not flyable like other ships. You may use it in similar fashion to the U-Wing in the Scarif DLC from BF1 where you're in the gunner position. Hopefully this is confirmed during the beta.

Reaction score
That is actually a really good question, one that I do not have an answer to but I'm wondering myself. I have a code on my receipt from EB Games for the beta. Even though it's a pain to type using the PS4 controller I may have to ask on the Battlefront II community for instructions on using the beta code.

Also to add to our discussion above about the LAAT, I heard in a Star Wars HQ video (IIRC) that the LAAT may indeed be playable, but not flyable like other ships. You may use it in similar fashion to the U-Wing in the Scarif DLC from BF1 where you're in the gunner position. Hopefully this is confirmed during the beta.
Gotcha!

I guess it makes the most sense to pilot a turret on a Republic Gunship, but it'd be a lot of fun to drop off troops & give them air cover as well.

Reaction score
I cancelled and re ordered using $15 in rewards. Got the code shortly thereafter.

Reaction score
Here's some info on Battlefront II, though the leaker mentioned the info is outdated so it may change by the time release comes along. These are things we get at launch.

So first up is the heroes:

Han, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, Finn, Rey, Yoda

Vader, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Darth Maul, Iden Versio

Obviously more will come available in time but that is the first 8 from each side. It's interesting that Iden is a playable hero in the multiplayer and not just a character in the campaign. I'm disappointed Grievous isn't on the list. I hope we don't have to wait to long for him.

Next up is hero vehicles:

Millennium Falcon (Han), Red 5, Black 1, Millennium Falcon (Rey), Yoda's Starfighter

Slave 1 (Boba), TIE Advanced, TIE Silencer, Scimitar, Slave 1 (Jango)

Now ground battle locations:

Hoth, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, Bespin, Death Star, Endor, Takodana, Jakku, Crait, Starkiller Base, Kamino, Naboo, Kashyyk

Space battle locations:

Fondor, Death Star 2 Debris, Resurgent Star Destroyer, Starkiller Base, D'Qar, Ryloth, Kamino

IDK about you guys, but I think I will spend most of my time on the Death Star 2 location crashing into debris.

Air vehicles:

OT X-Wing, A-Wing, Y-Wing, T-47 Speeder, U-Wing (rails), ST X-Wing, ARC-170, Republic Y-Wing, V-Wing, Naboo Starfighter, LAAT (rails), Wookiee Camaran (rails)

TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, First Order TIE Fighter, Vulture Droid, Tri Fighter, Hyena Bomber

Ground vehicles:

X-34 Landspeeder, Rebel AT-RT, 74-Z Speeder Bike, Tauntaun, Republic AT-RT

AT-ST, AT-AT (rails), First Order Landspeeder, AAT, MMT (rails)

Special units:

Rebel Jumptrooper, Resistance Jumptrooper, Clone Jumptrooper, ARC Troopers, Wookiee Warriors

Death Troopers, Imperial Super Commandos, First Order Jumptroopers, First Order Flametroopers, B2 Super Battle Droids, B2 Rocket Droids

I believe playing as a jumptrooper will be the only way to use a jump pack and that's fine by me. It's become over utilized in the current Battlefront.

Game modes:

Heroes vs Villians, Galactic Assault, Strike, Starfighter Assault, Blast

Seems like a weak list but I suppose when you divide it up three eras that is a decent amount of content. Plus whatever we get for offline modes (campaing, skirmish, training, etc).

I got all of this from the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNZWB7ka1w

Again, outdated information so do not take it as gospel. Could be and probably will be some changes by the time launch comes around.

Reaction score
Where's the like button? Thanks for sharing so I don't have to watch the video haha

Reaction score
Where's the like button? Thanks for sharing so I don't have to watch the video haha

Reaction score
Haha, glad you find the information interesting. IMO based on it I think the game may be lacking at the start. Other than a couple things on the list nothing really excites me. Let's hope the gameplay value makes up for that.

Reaction score
Haha, glad you find the information interesting. IMO based on it I think the game may be lacking at the start. Other than a couple things on the list nothing really excites me. Let's hope the gameplay value makes up for that.
I'm sure it will

Reaction score
we still know very little about the campaign and other offline stuff. I don't think it'll be lacking, this is a lot more content than we originally had for Battlefront (2015).