EA Star Wars Battlefront II

Reaction score
Agreed. W/O some type of single player campaign it's 95% useless to me, the same as the first one. It's frustrating to still not have a proper SW game!

It's definitely time to pull KOtOR out of retirement as well as Bounty Hunter!

Reaction score
Damn,
I was really hoping they'd do something like the War Stories in Battlefield for the campaign.
Instead of one long campaign, they could do a couple of short missions as a regular soldier from each film. Maybe a Naboo mission, a Geonosis mission, a Kashsyyk, a Death Star space battle, Hoth of course, Endor and DSII and then something for Force Awakens. They did an awesome job with Battlefield this year, I really wanted something similar.

Reaction score
Also looks like no season pass this time around! Seems like they really listened to the fans this time

Reaction score
From what I read looks like they learned a lesson with splitting their players based on who had what map, if I remember right all maps will be free. It looks like they are going to go a card based system where there are common, uncommon, rare, etc cards to equip on your character. So while you can play the base game and probably earn credits to purchase said cards, if you pay say 19.99 you get a bunch of them for free. Also looks like they will be doing cosmetic skins and such as additional purchases.

Reaction score
Also looks like no season pass this time around! Seems like they really listened to the fans this time
Lmao. Please, they simply found a better way to get your money. If the season pass idea were still viable then it would've still been a thing. Why charge a flat $20 season pass fee when they can make a 5-6 DLC's and charge $10 a pop?

Reaction score
Season pass was $50 but was one sale every once in a while for $15-$20 so if your $20 season pass was a thing that'd actually be a good deal.
Nothing has been finalized yet so there's no way of saying that fans are being "taken" again but they are saying the right things so far as far as no season pass, adding single player campaign and content from all eras. Sure being EA they will probably find a way to mess it up but so far it sounds like they have really listened. If what kebron says is how the setup is going to be, I can live with that, won't feel like I am getting ripped off.

Reaction score
No thanks EA!

After the terrible netcode/hit detection in multiplayer on the previous game, I think I will spare myself the headache and stress.

Reaction score
Last time out I got the game, and It didn't feel like a complete game until i got all of the DLC. Frustrated me that certain modes were exclusive to one or two maps. The old Battlefront games were somewhat better. I hope they give us more bang for our buck.

Reaction score
Article over at screen rant stating Battlefront II will be three times bigger than the original release.

Reaction score
So do you actually get to do anything in this game or is it just going to be more wandering around and shooting for no reason?

Last edited:
Reaction score
They did say there would be single player campaign, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be very interesting or that long. And I'm sure that 90% of it will be what you mention. ^

Reaction score
I played Battlefront 1 solidly for three months when it first came out and had clocked up just over 200 hours by March. It was at the time my first on-line multiplayer game and great fun, but the lack of depth drove me onto other games. I have subsequently ploughed a large number of hours into The Division (800+hours), Destiny (300+hours) and most recently Battlefield 1 (240 and counting...)

I am intrigued by BF2. The first game nailed the aesthetic of Star Wars, but was clearly far from the finished article when it released. But if Dice can take the lessons from both Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield 1 (which even though a more 'casual friendly' game compared to its predecessor is a good deal harder to master) I am hopeful we may see the full game we all expected last year.

I'll certainly be watching the gameplay reveal next week and playing the Beta when it lands...

Last edited:
Reaction score
They did say there would be single player campaign, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be very interesting or that long. And I'm sure that 90% of it will be what you mention. ^
It will be a hard pass for me if that ends up being the case. Sad thing is that I shouldn't be passing up star wars games because they're not interesting (to me at least). And I'm a guy that loved Tera Kasi and had some fun with the star wars ripoff of twisted metal.

Reaction score
I really wish they'd do a KotOR 3, or just relaunch the series. It could totally see it being an Awesome game on the Fallout or Mass Effect engine. So much potential.
Not to mention Bounty Hunter 2. Also might go for reboot on the Rogue Squadron games, they were fun in their day.

Reaction score
All I could think watching the footage on this was - Battlefront is back. Give me a fair-to-middlin campaign, some offline bot battles mirroring all multiplayer options, AND the free DLC seasons?

This is what Battlefront 1 should have been.

Reaction score
All I could think watching the footage on this was - Battlefront is back. Give me a fair-to-middlin campaign, some offline bot battles mirroring all multiplayer options, AND the free DLC seasons?

This is what Battlefront 1 should have been.
It certainly looks good...but then the first one also looked good, but lacked content/options and as a result, I moved away from it quicker than other games. Hopefully, the news coming out that it has greater depth/customizations and skill/strategy based inc. FPS providing greater accuracy compared to the third person option - gives me hope that is could be a decent step-up from Battlefront 1.

I am very intrigued rather than hyped at this stage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I've seen so far I'm happy. For starters I like the in game point system to get heroes, vehicles, etc. Much better than the Power-Ups you pick up on the current Battlefront. This way players are forced to play the objective to get bigger points to get the fun stuff. And while you're playing as a hero or vehicle your teammates are earning points so when/if you die, someone else can get a turn.

I like the classes and how each will have a hand with star cards specific to them. Man, I am so excited to play as a Heavy Clone Trooper with that Gatling gun. :wub:

The little bit of starfighter action we've seen looks good. I just watched a little of the V-Wing in action but the flight seems more realistic. I like how you need to aim for the circle in front of enemy starfighters. This will prove more challenging than just holding down L2 and locking onto the ship.

I think this will be a huge improvement over Battlefront.

Reaction score
It certainly looks good...but then the first one also looked good, but lacked content/options and as a result, I moved away from it quicker than other games.
I agree - looks were absolutely deceiving for the first Battlefront. Being an offline gamer, the first game was especially bitter for me. At least until they added more options for offline play. With a guaranteed campaign (that's canon no less) I'm much more optimistic for this release. While I doubt we'll get a Galactic Conquest mode, if we at least can have skirmish modes like were added to the original then I'll be very pleased.

Reaction score
I agree - looks were absolutely deceiving for the first Battlefront. Being an offline gamer, the first game was especially bitter for me. At least until they added more options for offline play. With a guaranteed campaign (that's canon no less) I'm much more optimistic for this release. While I doubt we'll get a Galactic Conquest mode, if we at least can have skirmish modes like were added to the original then I'll be very pleased.
Even for the online gamer like myself, offline skirmish would be of benefit to learn the layout of maps. And also sometimes it's nice to get a break from the trolls and play against AI for a while. :grin:

Reaction score
I like the changes to incentivize people to play the objective. Bring on the beta!

Reaction score
I kinda doubt it. That time frame has a lot of big gams coming out that are "less of a gamble" than Battlefront. But who knows, if it does show up I'd expect it to be a slim and not the pro. Either way it's a no go for me. I'm getting rid of my vader-skinned PS4 to go to the Pro for GoW/Spider-Man. Battlefront 2 will be a X1X purchase for me.

Reaction score
Super excited for this game! While I was (and still am) a fan of the first release, it did seem a little lacking compared to the expansiveness of the old school Battlefront games. Plus, I don't know why, I am super excited about being able to ride a taun-taun.

Reaction score
After watching some of the videos, I'm a little bit more intrigued. Seeing Clone troopers on Naboo was kind of cool. As well as few other things. Still wont buy it first day out, or anything more that $30 for it. But it does look better than the first.

Reaction score
After seeing the trailer, I want the Emperor's Sentinel Droid as a figure - with swappable heads. ;)