DVD / BlueRay release ?

Reaction score
does a code require the use of a source disc, or just the code to enable? if just the code- I will sell my code for 1/4 what I pay for the set, as it has 4 copies of the film.

Reaction score
Can I just rant here for a sec? What a ridiculous blu-ray release. Maybe I'm old, but I don't buy movies digitally.

#1) So, in the first day Amazon is already (temporarily) out of stock. Huh?!!! This was biggest frickin' movie of 2016 and they can't stock enough hard copies of it?!!! Ridiculous. Just more proof that physical copies of movies/media is dying. But this is one of the few franchises that is going to push units. People want this movie on the shelf, and they should know better. No excuse for this nonsense.

#2) The ONLY way to get a 3D copy is to buy it from either Target or Best Buy (Steelbook), which the later is of course is already sold out on the website. Fine, I thought, I'll just get the Target version. But that packaging is STUPID fat for only 1 movie. Don't they know that kinda cardboard fold-out crap fell out of favor years ago, and that shelf space is precious?! Clearly not.

I guess the only brightside is that Disney didn't attempt the double-dip with a seperate 3D version like they did with TFA. Still too PO'ed to pick that up.

So, I'm gonna have to wait until the Amazon release (normal size plastic case) is back in-stock and purchase the 3D disc on ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazon never had it in-stock or even took pre-orders. Amazon & Disney are having one of their (typical) spats over wholesale pricing for Disney media inventory.

Reaction score
I have the best buy release...which is the steel book includes the 3D version also.. disappointed there are no deleted scenes on the bonus blue ray..

Reaction score
I don't buy a lot of movies... is there something to the Steel Book idea? Is it a hard cover? I don't get it.

GNT

Reaction score
I don't see the fuss about buying Steel Cases in general but in this case it has a couple extras over the normal release.

Reaction score
I don't buy a lot of movies... is there something to the Steel Book idea? Is it a hard cover? I don't get it.
It's just simply a preference in artwork, at least for me anyways. I don't buy all of them, only the one's I like. Same way that a person chooses one cover over the other, whether it be a Target, Walmart, TRU, Amazon, BB Exclusive. Some people may buy them just to buy them, because they prefer "Steelbooks" regardless of the artwork. IDK.

Reaction score
I don't see the fuss about buying Steel Cases in general but in this case it has a couple extras over the normal release.
Unfortunately none of the extras are anything to get excited about.

They are all just a collection of glorified adverts for the movie.

Reaction score
ok, so just checking again to make sure someone didn't want to donate their digital code to a good cause... Me... I'm a good guy :)

I've learned to never buy the first release, but really want to watch this one frame by frame haha

Reaction score
I'm curious, do you personally own anything physical? :grin:
With several posts regarding to you liking freebies, I just had to ask.

Reaction score
I bought the 3D Bluray today comes with the 2D disc as well, and i must say i after seeing the 3D in the cinema i wasn't expecting much for the home release, but man i tell you wow! It's so immersive and really absorbs you into that galaxy far far away. Highly recommended :)

Reaction score
I'm curious, do you personally own anything physical? :grin:
With several posts regarding to you liking freebies, I just had to ask.

Let me tell you... life and money are too short to waste either.

I think my disgust with paying for media came to a head when I bought a house and realized that cable would cost me something like $180 a month!! That's robbery for how much I watch (which is really not that much). I've purchased movies in the past and I guess it was just to have them because I never watched them. I don't CHEAT the system, but if I can get a deal I will. I've had a discussion on these forums regarding taking your own food/drinks to movie theaters and regarding piracy and I think people must think I'm a total cheapskate, but that's not the case.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but I want to pay what is fair. I won't pay $30 for pop and popcorn in a theater. I won't pay $50 for a U-wing that should be $30 tops. I pay for Netflix because I feel the value is there. I see people buying action figures online for $30 because they haven't shown up in their neck of the woods yet and I just can't believe it. If I can't find it for a decent price, I'm just not going to have it. I loved the NJO books and Republic Comics. I have thousands of action figures... but do you think I have Jacen, Jaina, T'ra Saa, Tholme and K'Kruhk? Nope. Am I going to buy them for what they are going online? Nope. If they come back down to reality, I'll get them.

Reaction score
I thought action figure scalping was bad, but the exclusive versions of the Rogue One Blu Ray are ridiculous too! The ebay sellers have pictures with 5, 10, 20 copies and all of the stores are sold out.

Reaction score
cool, glad to hear it. and for $7- I'll give ya my code. paid for 4 copies in the set, will sell one for 1/4 the cost
Let me tell you... life and money are too short to waste either.

I think my disgust with paying for media came to a head when I bought a house and realized that cable would cost me something like $180 a month!! That's robbery for how much I watch (which is really not that much). I've purchased movies in the past and I guess it was just to have them because I never watched them. I don't CHEAT the system, but if I can get a deal I will. I've had a discussion on these forums regarding taking your own food/drinks to movie theaters and regarding piracy and I think people must think I'm a total cheapskate, but that's not the case.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but I want to pay what is fair. I won't pay $30 for pop and popcorn in a theater. I won't pay $50 for a U-wing that should be $30 tops. I pay for Netflix because I feel the value is there. I see people buying action figures online for $30 because they haven't shown up in their neck of the woods yet and I just can't believe it. If I can't find it for a decent price, I'm just not going to have it. I loved the NJO books and Republic Comics. I have thousands of action figures... but do you think I have Jacen, Jaina, T'ra Saa, Tholme and K'Kruhk? Nope. Am I going to buy them for what they are going online? Nope. If they come back down to reality, I'll get them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So in regards to Solo release on 4K/Blu-ray there will be a Best Buy exclusive steelbook & Target will be having an exclusive red model Falcon w/exclusive content.

Reaction score
I may get the BB Steel, if I like the arwork. Otherwise it's just the regular version, or Zavvi.com

Definitely picking this one up though, while I still haven't bought TLJ.

Reaction score
I may get the BB Steel, if I like the arwork. Otherwise it's just the regular version, or Zavvi.com

Definitely picking this one up though, while I still haven't bought TLJ.
Best reason to pick up TLJ: Watching with Rifftrax. (Or I can drive over and bring it with me, hehe)

Reaction score
I wish Best Buy Canada would get the Solo Steelbook up for pre-order, but I'm not so sure they are going to carry it. The Last Jedi Steelbook always showed out of stock and eventually they took the product page down, briefly put it back up but still out of stock, and then took it down permanently along with all other Star Wars Steelbooks.

I'm contemplating ordering it on Best Buy US (along with the Fallen Kingdom Steelbook) and try out my US shipping address, even though Best Buy US say they do not ship to known freight forwarders.

Reaction score
What's interesting is how much Star Wars films on Blu-ray typically go for now, even online. I remember seeing the OT & the PT films on sale individually in the past ten years, and - though the 2011 Blu set of all 6 (with all the special features) was somewhat pricey - the individual films were typically no more than $20 each, and you could usually get them on sale for somewhat less.

However, these days all of the TFA-on films typically run $20-25 on Blu. And, these new SW films are also a lot more than other new films released on Blu, which can go on sale for $15 in some places the first week they're out. And, a lot of relatively new non-SW releases go down in price significantly in the 2-5 years after their initial release. Conversely, SW films are the opposite - they actually seem to go up in price, and rarely - if ever - go on sale.

I suspect this has a lot to do with the Disney/Lflm. license being higher than other licenses (I think that's also why the SW toys are more $ than other, comparable toys). Also, with the popularity of streaming these days, physical media (Blu's/DVD's/CD's) are getting more "niche" & almost just oriented for collectors - so, it makes sense that something like this may be more $ - maybe.

I typically try to get the newer SW films out of the library if I want to watch/re-watch them. At some point, I'd like to buy all of these on Blu (even the ST, which I'm not a huge fan of) - but only if I can get them for a decent price.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably so, as with all Disney Movies that seem to be high priced. And almost never go down under that $20 mark except for in store Sales.

Almost every other movie can be bought fairly cheap if you shop around wait for the deal. I've gotten several in that $7 bin over the years.
Which i guess makes up for the higher priced Disney Movies. lol

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not surprised (but am disappointed) that these newer SW Disney films rarely - if ever - do down in price. I was at Half Price Books recently (a bookstore that mainly sells used books & other used physical media, i.e. CD's, Vinyls, and DVD's/Blu-ray's) and saw the Rouge One Blu-ray - used - for $19.99....LOL. So, even used the film is going for $20. If you want to buy this new on Blu-ray, it's typically $25.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Even across the pond here, Disney movies very rarely go on sale. They must figure will always pay full price for them.