DVD / BlueRay release ?

Reaction score
Any info on R1 homevideo release yet ? Just checked through some german stores, including amazon.de and it is everywhere dated with Dec. 2017 ??
Would have it expectet way earlier, like march or april.
Remember seeing also mentioned a extended cut at some places with no additional info yet

Last edited:
Reaction score
IDK where I saw it (movieweb?) but a December release seems about right. I was disappointed as well.
Haven't seen the article you're talking about but what in the world would make them think that the blu ray isn't coming out for a year? Pretty much every movie is on blu ray within 3 months of the end of the theatrical run.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Haven't seen the article you're talking about but what in the world would make them think that the blu ray isn't coming out for a year? Pretty much every movie is on blu ray within 3 months of the end of the theatrical run.

It didn't really make sense to me but then, first rumors are often wrong. I'll get it when I get it, until then, I have other things to do.

Reaction score
Can't find the article ..
But apparently it's going to be a director cut version of the movie ...
For blue ray and 4k format..

Reaction score
Not to mention people want their copies ASAP anymore. It's also a way to combat piracy by getting a copy of the movie to the masses sooner and sooner. But sure they want their money to of course.

Reaction score
yup 3-4 months after release has been the norm for many years. I remember getting TPM on DVD, and it was still in theaters in my neighborhood. Also, it's now safe to assume the SW (movies/theatrical release) patterns moving forward will mimic the TFA methods: Force friday, merch, new film, dvd, etc all these things have been echoed with R1, give or take a few promos, but still predictable. If they get bold, and slip back into May for any new films, just adjust the window.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A story in the front page of RS had said April, I believe, but hey if that link is right about March I won't be mad!

What extras you guys want to see on this?

As for me: deleted scenes (all of them!) and maybe a making of. That's it. No filler crap.

I made the mistake of getting TFA Target edition. Their "exclusive" content could only be accessed by creating some other Disney site account and then doing all this bs. And then it was just two boring short docs.
Plus, a week or so later, they both appeared online. Freakin' Disney.
The bigger disappointment was the movie, though.

Really excited for the RO one release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for me: deleted scenes (all of them!) and maybe a making of. That's it. No filler crap.
Same. With so many scenes cut from the movie that we saw in the trailer, there is no reason the Blu-Ray can't be loaded up with deleted scenes. Especially if what we've been reading is true and originally there was a much different Scarif sequence filmed.

Something else I'd watch would be something in regards to Michael Giaccino taking over the task of providing a score for the movie with a time frame of only a month. The more I listened to the soundtrack, the more I liked it. It's even better when you take into consideration the short amount of time he had to work with.

Reaction score
There's always been two things I've wanted from making-of materials:

-A thorough making-of that covers at least 75% of the making of the film's story, prop creation, including a complete walk-through of the preproduction, production, and post production.
-A unabridged listing of deleted scenes, I don't mind how unfinished the effects are.

I consider anything else superfluous.

Reaction score
..commentary. TFA, when that was released it was absent, but then the silly 3D edition came out w/ it. Could see the double dip a mile away, but why?, isn't this approach a bit old? Full deleted/alt. scenes & trailers, and any commentary(ies), any other docs etc would be cool, but these 2 things take precedence IMO.

Reaction score
Wow, seems like a looong way from realease.

So now I'm wondering what the "exclusives" will start having.
Hope there's not that much of a difference. But knowing exclusives and whatnot, you might get some good stuff with crap from one store and then some good stuff w/crap on another, etc.

So essentially, you have to choose one unless you're willing to fork out for each store exclusive.
But then again........eventually all the exclusive content is put out on youtube in no time.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we'll get any kind of nice boxset or gift set with some sort of statue (like Jurassic World with the two dinosaurs).

Reaction score
I don't like to see an extended version as I got the impression that there was so much more to see.

Reaction score
I'll be getting the Best Buy Steelbook, but I agree with the above comment. I don't see anywhere that deleted scenes are included. That doesn't seem right. We got deleted scenes with TFA home video release.

Reaction score
I don't like it either, but maybe there's just too much material, and Disney is putting together an "alternate cut" from before the reshoots? I mean, face it, put all the deleted scenes together and you almost have an entirely different movie.

Reaction score
Or they're saving the deleted scenes for the Ultra Mega Exclusive 10 disc super duper whopper 3D whatchamacallit edition a few months later.
Double dip at its finest.

Reaction score
Screw Disney's disgusting greed. I'm a fan of what they're doing except when it comes to home video. After what they pulled with TFA, I can wait until the holidays for a Collector's Edition. No way I'm buying and inferior edition again if I can help it, and no way I'm going to be a sucker and buy it all twice in the same year.

Reaction score
yup and no commentary(ies), so expect in October to see that, plus the deleted scenes. so friggen crooked. maybe the deleted scenes are the extra bonus in the Target edition. ehh not surprised at all w/ this.
Or they're saving the deleted scenes for the Ultra Mega Exclusive 10 disc super duper whopper 3D whatchamacallit edition a few months later.
Double dip at its finest.

Reaction score
Does it even matter when the release date is? They'll just come out with a different version 3-6 months later, than again 6 months after that will be some ultimate Exclusive or something.

Reaction score
at least we're getting 3D in the same release. TFA milked us twice, by releasing the 3D version as a separate release, months later. it felt like the 'LOTR scam' all over again :rolleyes:

(I got wise with 'teh hobbit' -- I completely ignored the first 3 blu-ray releases -- the regular, 3D, and 'extended' versions --- and waited patiently for the extended-cuts-in-3D, that way I didn't end up with 4 copies of the same damn movie)

Reaction score
It'd also be nice to know what Target's "exclusive content" actually IS before the release date so I can actually make an informed decision about where to pre-order.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
From the blu-ray.com forums (re: the Target bonus disc):

"According to Australian retailer the extras on the bonus DVD are as follows:

Inside the Creature Shop - How did Neal Scanlan and team bring to life some of the innovative new aliens for Rogue One.

Digital Storytelling - We breakdown some of the other amazing innovations from ILM during the making of Rogue One.
*run time approximately 20 minutes"

Reaction score
I think the best "extras" for this would probably be how they brought CGI Tarkin and Leia to life. They've obviously improved since ROTS. Even if i don't care for the practice CGI replacing Human characters, I'd be interested in the process. And how it was improved.

Reaction score
yeah, I hear ya- but for a minuscule 5 more bucks I'm doing the Target edition, regardless if it was only 5 min of bonus.
It'd also be nice to know what Target's "exclusive content" actually IS before the release date so I can actually make an informed decision about where to pre-order.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Anybody have this yet and want to get rid of a digital code.... I'm here for ya :)

If you don't use it of course.

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up the steel case blu ray with the extra 5mins bonus material.

Reaction score
What's the extra bonus stuff? is it exclusive just in your BD's region? It appears in the states it's the Target's version that has this style.
Picked up the steel case blu ray with the extra 5mins bonus material.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
The exclusive version has the Inside the Creature Shop and Digital Storytelling as mentioned above.

Rod

Reaction score
Looking for digital code if there's anyone not using heirs either