Droid Gunship

GNT

Reaction score
Seems like a new proto of the Droid Gunship has popped up online, no doubt this one will appear in the Clone Wars vehicle line even though it did appear in ROTS.

Top View Bottom View

Thoughts on seeing the Droid Gunship made?

Dom

Reaction score
Its ok, not as cool as the OTC stuff. Also depends on what price point this is.

G

Hasbro sure knows how to lie about not making stuff! I've been wanting this since ROTS, ver long awaited!

Reaction score
Hopefully this will show up as fast as the Droid Tank. We saw pics of the prototype and it wasn't very long after that that it was on the shelves.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Hasbro sure knows how to lie about not making stuff! I've been wanting this since ROTS, ver long awaited!
They didn't say they weren't making this, I don't think. I think the last time I saw it in the Q&A it was said that they wanted to, but were waiting for more media support? Or that it was a maybe?

The Cloud Car on the other hand, welp

Reaction score
CC2287Beejay said:
Well there is the tape measure in the photo for scale...
Which appears to be in centimeters rather than inches. Which means we're looking at about 13" in diameter. Another Sith Infiltrator situation...

Reaction score
Fixer said:
Which appears to be in centimeters rather than inches. Which means we're looking at about 13" in diameter. Another Sith Infiltrator situation...
The droid gunship wasn't all that huge to begin with. If it's at all undersized, it's probably only by a small amount.

Reaction score
Cool, the Seps need more ships. But i hope it can hold a good few droids inside. I dont really know much about this droid craft.

Reaction score
This has only been shown in blue and whitish Clone Wars colors, right? I'd definitely pick up at least one in those colors.

Reaction score
BlackRook said:
Fixer said:
The droid gunship wasn't all that huge to begin with. If it's at all undersized, it's probably only by a small amount.
And what's the alternative, a larger version in the deluxe ($60) line? Can't see that selling.

I don't believe the film version is piloted but a cockpit is alway good for playability.

G

Mecheon said:
wiiwhitey said:
They didn't say they weren't making this, I don't think. I think the last time I saw it in the Q&A it was said that they wanted to, but were waiting for more media support? Or that it was a maybe?

Over the years with hasbro's Q&A people have always asked if they were making this and the tank droid and they always say a big fat no. Well the Tank Droid poped up and now this! They did the samething with the AT-TE & BMF. I'm pretty sure their lieing about a big AT-AT too. Just have to wait until toyfair I guess.

Reaction score
Wow, I've wanted one of these ever since BF2. Too bad it looks like it has to have that extra support on the bottom to help it sit evenly. I'll get one regardless.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Mecheon said:
wiiwhitey said:

Over the years with hasbro's Q&A people have always asked if they were making this and the tank droid and they always say a big fat no. Well the Tank Droid poped up and now this! They did the samething with the AT-TE & BMF. I'm pretty sure their lieing about a big AT-AT too. Just have to wait until toyfair I guess.
I could have sworn that they said in one of the recent ones that the Gunship was something they were looking at? Course I only have checked the past few months, so bugger if I know if they said it in 2007 or something, but that's so long ago its a moot point anyway

Plus of course they may have not been making it at that time, or people asking "Will it come out in 09" and welp, not coming out in 09 because its coming out in 10 smugness or something

Either way, I wish we had a side-on shot. Looks like the top opens up to be a cockpit? I have no idea how large it's supposed to be, but if its comparable to the Vulture Droid then I'll be happy

G

Here's a some what of a good shot for size. It looks to be alot bigger than a Tank droid but Hasbros Tank droids are under scale.

Reaction score
It looks great, but I'd love it if they modified the design so
one could actually put some droids in it.

Reaction score
Thanks for pic, Wiiwhitey. Kashyyk is such a beautiful locale. Does anyone know where the location is (if it's not CGI or composed)?

I wonder how many droids the gunship can hold because it is used as troop carrier in the Battlefront games.

Reaction score
I'd say just the one pilot given the size. You can see the hinged panel where the cockpit is.

Oh and Bong, Kashyyyk is based on Thailand, where they shot plates for the cg.

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional pics. The bottom looks like it has some sort of foldable handle or stand.

Reaction score
Cheers for some more pics, it dont look to appealing to me, if it only holds 1 maybe 2 droids, then im not to keen on purchasing, i would have liked it to have a passenger bay to hold at least 4 more droids. That would have made a definate buy for me then.

Reaction score
im cool with the scale, makes it more affordable with most people.

im noticing a mechanism that holds the bombs on the belly, i hope those are means to drop or fire them bombs..

Reaction score
I don't get any whinging about scale in this case, the Droid Gunships are not very big, and they are certainly NOT troop carriers like Republic Gunships, they just shoot stuff.

Reaction score
I dont kNow much about this vehicle, looks like Hasbro kept to the design, from the designs it dont look like it even carries any pilots.

Reaction score
Most of the separatist "vehicles" are just big droids, like this, the homing spider droid, the tank droid etc. Hasbro just adds cockpits for play value, and who can blame them?

Reaction score
steve2477 said:
I dont kNow much about this vehicle, looks like Hasbro kept to the design, from the designs it dont look like it even carries any pilots.
Disagree! The bright orange bit has a hinge.

They are bound to make this fit a droid pilot for play value regardless of the canon, much the same as previously done with the Tank Droid, Octuptarra Droid and Homing Spider Droid.

Reaction score
obione said:
Looks cool, but could have been a little bigger
That's what she said.

I just wish Hasbro would start including stands with certain vehicles, like this one, swamp speeder, speeder bikes and such to give thier illusion of anti-grave drives.

Definately want this and the swamp speeder.

Reaction score
Darth_Satan said:
They are bound to make this fit a droid pilot for play value regardless of the canon, much the same as previously done with the Tank Droid, Octuptarra Droid and Homing Spider Droid.
But those didn't mess with the look - they were all hidden compartments