Don's Custom Figures

don

Reaction score
This is world-building at its absolute best on every single level. I could write about it for the next twenty minutes but I don’t even think I need to. Every detail is just too much fun.
Thanks man! World building really is the goal. I only wish I had more space. 😉🤣

Reaction score
I imagine you have long out grown a "man cave" and are now commandeering a floor or level in the house. Spouses love that.

Reactions: don

don

Reaction score
I imagine you have long out grown a "man cave" and are now commandeering a floor or level in the house. Spouses love that.
🤣 I wish. I really am limited to a home-office kind of space. That's the main reason I'm building a multilevel shelf type dio instead of straight copying an Empire Toy Works style environment. I should make a video...

don

Reaction score
There's a new arrival at Outpost 423.

A little more than a year ago the custom Star Wars community lost one of its best to Covid. Stanley Opiel II was a prolific and talented customizer. His goal was to bring every character from the Original Trilogy to life in 1:18 scale, remaining faithful to the modern Hasbro aesthetic. I'm serious, if you are unfamiliar with Stan's customs you should definitely take a few minutes to go check them out.

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.166248294891153&type=3
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/starwarsmodernvintagecustom/

He has been described as the heart of our customizing community; he inspired, and he brought people together making connections and friendships that continue today. It was literally Stan's community building that made this figure happen; one of Stan's long-time collaborators, the uber-talented sculptor John Evergrey, made (and painted) this outstanding head sculpt which allowed me the chance to put a Stan figure in the Outpost.

I imagine Stan would have loved this.

AM-JKLU5NaMBx3pWpGV2dufMTulXHMClKE3g2p8h8dREfrhwkF3UXMFo15Oz7VXThwcJ5cmxIY3y04QET0q_-Q-Q_q-zkOCuqpj7Eu45UyXSibbvf09_cEnaalvTNopFr85nUM6HYwTGvS0fvVxoBrgUvzDN=s625-no

Reaction score
Seriously, that tableau is one of the greatest fig pics ever taken.

Reaction score
Great looking crew, and YES!! You should definitely have some droids to help out!

don

Reaction score
How on Earth are those 3D printed?! Must be done in pieces and then assembled right? Still that seems really detailed for 3Dprinting especially the fingers and toes.

I didn't print them, and really I don't know a lot about 3D printing, but they are actually 2-piece prints. The head is actually articulated, but the joint is very stiff, and the ears are very delicate so I'm not going to be messing around with that. Chad mentioned recently that he has updated the Lothcats to make their heads articulated for the next go around.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I suspect they are resin printed. owever, my knowledge is limited. They look amazing, however they are made.

don

Reaction score
Ok, ****, this one is REALLY exciting! My wife is out of town for the weekend so I've been painting a lot!

This is another 3d print project, but mixed with Disney Droid parts. The head, chest, crotch, and glue-on shoulder armor are 3D prints from Cal Keb (@audes_workshop on Instagram).
The arms and legs are (expensive fodder) from the Disney 4-LOM figure.

The chest and crotch pieces have ports that fit the Disney BAD arm and leg pegs so this 3D custom is fully articulated! But probably a little more delicate than a Hasbro figure.

AM-JKLWzntsVieoz-0tEnhKfUv7fvWoiOF919ojEDYJ9zCF8npYX3rrKbOGQw0vZVmUXNlCj1ddPOawXzZf22K_A9o-HBqweSZ6I90MuLwqnMRSknv6QPDwE6TeJwvkR9Mu5w13y9cIqWXIZ-5x9_JtZsqtk=w582-h569-no

AM-JKLUXwigUvas0fRm_21avtDseA0a0gz_WDxs8fAPrMg4LkoaFxOHmBdf413WNicLcmRleOentLn1aCElwzaHXdfiK-L8EFpyjwLRBdzbzV963-JdBJRiKFY_9TMs6cIgctcEeVXXNB6m77zYUVnYB5MAm=s568-no

AM-JKLWEULz9eI79ueMpscJiEiQzFt32TnWw_pJXnwlCfi8dBQ_5AznlCGzmm5Q82NuqsjT9kubG0nRnvkaECfQMdomH0K24RxH8B_uSGHHN_QwVo7ksWYXyoDv6vQVeu5Ikv1Cra4w2Po1fYULrKrESOWKC=s568-no

Reaction score
That's great! I'm not sure I've ever seen a sort of hybrid figure done like that, pretty cool! His blaster is consistent with the black series release, did you repaint a Boba blaster?

don

Reaction score
That's great! I'm not sure I've ever seen a sort of hybrid figure done like that, pretty cool! His blaster is consistent with the black series release, did you repaint a Boba blaster?
Yep, repainted Boba's blaster.