Don's Custom Figures

don

Reaction score
Hey, I've been a Rebelscum member since 23 January 2004 (I just checked). And I'll admit I mostly haven't use the forums. But I'm looking to correct that. I've been customizing SW figures since the late '90s. Maybe I shared some of my earlier figures back in the early-mid 2000s (I didn't go check), but I haven't posted here in a while and I've got a pretty big back-catalog of custom figures to share. Most of these I've shared on Facebook, and more recently I've been active on forums again so some of you may have seen some of these.

I'm going to try to catch you up on the back catalog so I'm going to dump a LOT of work quickly (probably over the next few days).

I mostly do fan-fic Star Wars figures; the kind of character that could have been just off screen but would fit the scene. And more specifically I mostly do underworld/henchmen fan-fic characters that could easily fit in a cantina or in Jabba's palace (or on his barge). So there's going to be a lot of that, but there will be some Imps and Rebs and even a few on-screen custom figures.

First up is one of my favorites! Jabba's Barge needed a cook!

This figure was made late summer 2019. I don't remember which Nikto the head & hands came from (probably Vizam or Vedain; either would work), the chest and arms are from the 2010 Endor Rebel Soldier figure (I don't remember if I used the black or the white guy for this), the legs are from the 2012 Lando Skiff (sandstorm) figure (those legs are key; they're a little shorter than the new Skiff Lando), the belt is from the Vaders Secret Apprentice Evolutions 3-pack (from the Jedi figure), the meat cleaver is from one of the Zombie Labs figures, and the apron is from the Dime Novel Legends bartender figure (http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cgi?Stage=10&CatId=56&Item=DNL-W1-SALBAR).

And with the optional Marauders head wrap.

And the obligatory Barge kitchen shot!

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
Next up is another recent one (summer 2019). And a rare (for me) on-screen character! I didn't dare cut into my only Brock back when a replacement would have cost like 85 bucks, but once I got a second figure I modified Brock Starsher's helmet by cutting away the molded hose, and adding this hose. Simple modification, but I love how this turned out.
(The photos got me to notice some sloppy factory paint apps on the chest; I'll need to clean that up soon...)

don

Reaction score
And since Brock turned out so well I dumped the second figure into the parts bin, and pulled out a fan-fic Brock's Cousin (also with a modified helmet).

Recipe: Brock's helmet (obviously), I have no idea who's chest that is, pretty sure the arms came from the 2012 Nikto Skiff Guard, the belt/skirt is from Vizam, pretty sure the legs are from a Bespin Security figure, and the chest armor was cut off an extra Skiff Lando.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
More fan-fic Jabba goons. These are two of my older customs; put them together in the early-mid 2000s. I gave the tall guy a new paint job recently, and a new Marauder bandanna.

Recipe: These are pretty old so I don't remember most of it. The tall guy is mostly Vedain from the old Cinema Scene 3-pack with hands from a 2001 Ketwol figures. The short guy uses a 1997 Weequay head, the 2004 Skiff Lando chest and arms, and a Jawa lower body.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
Here's another that's got to be at least 15 years old.

The head and hands are from the 2001 Ketwol figure, the rest is a repainted 2002 Orn Free Taa figure.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
I told you guys I have a LOT of fan-fic Jabba associates, I'm just getting started. These two are from around 2007. (But the guy on the right has been updated with a Marauders wrap; really love those Marauders accessories.)

don

Reaction score
Finished this guy late Sept 2019. R2, and Jabba's Cook are to show the size.

Most of figure (body, arms, legs & feet) is the Pirates of the Caribbean little person figure, the head is probably Vizam, the hands were whatever was in the fodder bin so I don't know where they came from, the red wrap is Marauders Task Force, and the fur collar is from Boss Fight Studio.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
This guy, who seems more like a pirate to me, was finished around 2014.

The head and hands are 2011 Fi-Ek Sirch, the legs are probably Kithaba, not sure about the rest.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
Here's a Mandalorian who decided to be a fur trapper instead of the cliche bounty hunter, was finished earlier this summer.

The head is Boss Fight Studio, most of the figure (chest, legs, arms) is I don't remember where the fur collar is from Jodo Kast, the fur gloves are from a GI Joe figure, the fur boot-cuffs are Boss Fight Studio, and the boots are from a Hoth Stormtrooper.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
I've been calling this one 'the gunfighter'. Another fan-fic Jabba associate I finished a couple weeks ago. Eventually I'll have to do a big fan-fic Jabba-goon group photo...

The head is Boss fight Studio, the chest and arms are Brock Starsher (not sure about the gloves), the gunbelt and legs are Skiff Lando (pretty sure these are from the recent release). The cloak is from a Clone Wars figure, but I don't remember the name. The rifle (I'll have to get a better pic) is also custom.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
I like to think of these three (extra dirty) guys as the mechanic crew that keeps Jabba's barge and skiffs running well. The first guy once really pissed off a collector when he recognized the parts used (2009 Nikto Gunner), but I bought a second at retail so it wasn't expensive when I used it for fodder. I made him about 10 years ago. The other two I made last winter while waiting for the barge.

don

Reaction score
This quick custom was also made last winter while waiting for the barge. I imagined using him to pilot the barge, but his backpack gets in the way too much, so mostly he's just standing around in the background (like almost everyone on the barge).

Besides the obvious Rum Sleg helmet and chest I'm pretty sure the arms and legs are from a Tie pilot. Don't remember where the belt is from.

don

Reaction score
Another canonical custom figure. Two even!

Everyone remembers Beedo, but there were actually two rodians in Jabba's palace.

Like everyone else who has made this custom I used a 2014 Black Series Toryn Farr hoth vest to make the open-vest figure. I did dremel and sand down the back and back of the waist of that Greedo figure to make the vest fit correctly.
And for the closed-vest figure I used a 2011 Hoth Rebel Trooper's torso with Greedos' arms, head, and lover body. I really like that the rebel torso is a little longer which makes this custom figure a little taller giving me some Rodian diversity.

Reaction score
Hey, I've been a Rebelscum member since 23 January 2004 (I just checked). And I'll admit I mostly haven't use the forums. But I'm looking to correct that. I've been customizing SW figures since the late '90s. Maybe I shared some of my earlier figures back in the early-mid 2000s (I didn't go check), but I haven't posted here in a while and I've got a pretty big back-catalog of custom figures to share. Most of these I've shared on Facebook, and more recently I've been active on forums again so some of you may have seen some of these.

I'm going to try to catch you up on the back catalog so I'm going to dump a LOT of work quickly (probably over the next few days).

I mostly do fan-fic Star Wars figures; the kind of character that could have been just off screen but would fit the scene. And more specifically I mostly do underworld/henchmen fan-fic characters that could easily fit in a cantina or in Jabba's palace (or on his barge). So there's going to be a lot of that, but there will be some Imps and Rebs and even a few on-screen custom figures.

First up is one of my favorites! Jabba's Barge needed a cook!

This figure was made late summer 2019. I don't remember which Nikto the head & hands came from (probably Vizam or Vedain; either would work), the chest and arms are from the 2010 Endor Rebel Soldier figure (I don't remember if I used the black or the white guy for this), the legs are from the 2012 Lando Skiff (sandstorm) figure (those legs are key; they're a little shorter than the new Skiff Lando), the belt is from the Vaders Secret Apprentice Evolutions 3-pack (from the Jedi figure), the meat cleaver is from one of the Zombie Labs figures, and the apron is from the Dime Novel Legends bartender figure (http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cgi?Stage=10&CatId=56&Item=DNL-W1-SALBAR).

And with the optional Marauders head wrap.

And the obligatory Barge kitchen shot!
Looks better with the head wrap!!! (IMO)

Reactions: don
Reaction score
I've been calling this one 'the gunfighter'. Another fan-fic Jabba associate I finished a couple weeks ago. Eventually I'll have to do a big fan-fic Jabba-goon group photo...

The head is Boss fight Studio, the chest and arms are Brock Starsher (not sure about the gloves), the gunbelt and legs are Skiff Lando (pretty sure these are from the recent release). The cloak is from a Clone Wars figure, but I don't remember the name. The rifle (I'll have to get a better pic) is also custom.

The “cloak“ is the skirt of Embo...from Clone Wars, it looks nice the way you use it.

Reaction score
Good thing to start uploading them. I like the creativity and how they work out!
A request: please do more photo's with the Khetanna in the end.

don

Reaction score
hansloroll, thanks!

litofett, yeah I like the wrap better too. And yep; you're right that's Embo's skirt!

Yoda36, thanks! And definitely there are more barge pics planned!

don

Reaction score
Thanks again guys!

I did the tall one first, and started calling him 'Party Lizard' later when I made the second and gave him a matching neck wrap I started thinking of them as a couple.

don

Reaction score
Here are some pretty simple part swapping figures; I like to think of these three as brothers. From left to right; the in all green is a rebel officer, the one in grey is a crewman on a rebel ship, and the guy in camo pants is rebel special operations. This is a pic of them meeting up for drinks.

don

Reaction score
Another simple custom; swapped the head, painted the belt, added the holster, and some mud-weathering paint on the boots. (Made this one before Hasbro decided to make one similar.)

don

Reaction score
Here's a figure I made using a resin head I got from someone (sorry I can't remember who) that sells casts online somewhere.

Seems like a bad guy, but I also like the idea of this monster-looking dude being a good guy. Whatever.

don

Reaction score
It's a large back-catalog; I'll be posting old one's for awhile! Here are a few more simple headswap and minor paintwork customs.

don

Reaction score
A favorite simple older one. Painted on some grey hair because I like to imagine this was a clone who survived past the end of the clone wars.

don

Reaction score
Here's a recent easy head & hand swap. It's a GI Joe head and some leftover Marauder Task Force hands. While making this I thought of it as "dark side Luke" because mostly its made of Luke's parts, but now that it's complete I'm thinking it looks like a pretty good Sith.

don

Reaction score
And another dark-side custom. This one is a few years old. I used a GI Joe head, most of a Darth Maul, and I don't remember where the collar came from.

don

Reaction score
This fan-fic henchman is made using Sora Bulq's head, Vizam's chest, Skiff-Lando's arms (one lower arm has been replaced by an extra Lando lower arm so both lower-arms are armored), Vizam's skirt, and Nikto Skiff Guard's legs (VC99). The triangular hip-sack-style pouch added in the front is from a BBI Special Ops figure.

don

Reaction score
This henchman is mostly a Vizam figure (torso, arms, and legs), a GI Joe Blind Master head, and a Jango Fett gun belt. I don't remember where the green neck wrap or the goggles came from.

don

Reaction score
Another fan-fic human henchman. This one is make using a Boss Fight head, upper body, and feet, a Skiff Lando belt, Wooof (2010 VC24) legs, I'm pretty sure the pouches added to the back of his belt are from a Jango Fett figure, and I don't remember where the turban came from.
I did give up waist articulation attaching the abdomen to the legs/skirt, but was able to keep the Boss Fight mid-chest ball joint articulation.

don

Reaction score
And another human henchman. Again a Boss Fight head, Boss Fight arms, Skiff Lando chest and helmet, Vizam skirt/belt, I think the extra belt above the Vizam belt is from a Pirates of the Caribbean figure, a Rebel Hoth figure's legs, and I'm pretty sure those are Wooof's feet.

don

Reaction score
I remember seeing these all the first time around. Excellent!
I've posted them on FB, and Imperial Shipyards, not sure I ever posted them here. I'm trying to catch up here since this site (and FFURG) really taught me how to make custom figures back in the day.

don

Reaction score
Yakface perhaps?
I don't remember names but I do recognize customs.
Yeah, probably Yakface. I've posted some of this there, trying to catch up there too. I think mostly these are new pics of older (sometimes updated) figures. Trying to reshoot everything with the new background and lighting.

don

Reaction score
As I mentioned; a bunch of these are old customs. The past year I have been more active building because I have a better space than I've ever had before; we had an extra teenager living with us (wife's nephew), since he's been gone I have a home office (nerd room) with room to organize parts, build and paint figures, photograph and share old customs, and I can finally build the big dio-shelf I've been imagining for years.
Anyway, here's one of my oldest custom figures! This figure has to be 18 or 19 years old! I swapped Tarkin's lower body with a POTF2 Motti to give POTF2 Tarkin a better "skirt". This is STILL my go-to Tarkin figure because I missed the 2012 Vintage Collection Tarkin (the prequel Tarkin is crap), and I can't afford an aftermarket 2012 Vintage one.

don

Reaction score
Here are a couple fun and easy head-swap customs.

This is a Marauder head, and I don't remember where the replacement belt and cloak came from make this Anya Kuro (The Dark Woman) comic book custom. (Really easy head-swap just fit.)

And a just-for-fun Duro general. (Inspired by Gar Stazi from the Legacy comics.)
(Had to cut off the old style neck-peg, and dremel into the head to make it sit on the new style chest-mounted neck ball joint.)